Chapter 6: Sireina

My mermaid lover

Jessica's P.O.V.:

Hi there! I am Jessica Jung of SNSD.I and my friend Donghae of Super Junior went to Jeju island.When we got there, strange things began to happen and my body acted so strange.My legs turned into a mermaid tail.In that moment, I got no choice but to jump into the water.I don't know what to do.Everything happened so fast.Then, a mermaid approached me.She took me to a place where there are also other mermaids.I am going to stay there for a while but even when I am a mermaid now, all I think of is Donghae. Just yesterday, Tiara told me about a mermaid named Sireina. After begging her, Cindy finally decided to come with me.

"Hey, where's Tiara?" Cindy, in her usual expressionless face, said as she swam towards me.

"I don't know." I shook my head. tiara came swimming after us. She is holding her head and her lips are pale.

"Sorry, guys, but I can't come with you. I felt terribly sick last night. It must be the Sireina curse." She said.

"Sireina curse?" I asked.

"Don't say such things, Jessica. Tiara, you can rest. It's fine." Cindy said.

"Okay, yeah, I know. Just take care of Jessica. She has a love one on the land." Tiara said.

"Love?" Cindy seems to be unfamiliar with the word.

"Nevermind. Just go." Tiara said.

"Okay" Cindy said and went on swimming away.

"We will go now. Take care of yourself." I bowed and followed Cindy.

We are swimming for a long long while and Cindy isn't saying anything at all. I am also quiet while watching her swimming fast. I am a bit tired and honestly, I am not use to swimming.

"I am tired. Can we rest?" I said. She stopped and looked at me.

"Sireina's place is at the deepest ocean on the earth and we have no time to stop and rest."

"Okay" I mumbled and she continued swimming. My tails are tired, too tired. I felt like we are swimming for hours. Finally, we reached a cave. It's a very dark cave full of algaes and seaweeds. The outside is like that but inside is too different. Inside, it's clean and it's shining. It isn't as dark as I expected.

"Here we are, Sireina's hideout. Be careful for traps." Cindy looked at me.

"Will we go together?" I asked.

"No, I will not go any farther. If ever one sees Sireina, she will definitely do something, good or bad unless it's because of a wish."

"Wait, don't you ever dream of becoming a human?" I asked. The question just popped on my head out of nowhere.

 

Your P.O.V.:

Never in my life did I thought of becoming a human specially because of love.

"Never" I replied. Jessica nodded with a smile and swam farther inside.

I am just staring straight at her watching her go to the farther part of the cave. I've been there once. Maybe, that's the reason I am cursed and all now and maybe the reason why Tiara is like that. I could still clearly remember the time I discovered Sireina's hideout. 

We are looking for food that time. Without knowing, I had gone farther and faster. I didn't know that I also had gone deeper that time. I entered Sireina's hideout. That time, I didn't know what to do. I only shouted Tiara's name. She came to rescue me.

"An intruder named Ah Jeong? What made you come here?" As I recalled, she called me with another name.

"F-Food" My red eyes are staring at her blankly. Her face was so beautiful but her tail is a snake and her lips and eyes are color green. She was no mermaid for they say, if she sings, a human will not just forget, but will be curse.

"Food? Or a pair of legs, Ah Jeong?" She stared at me. Her eyes are scary, even scarier than mine.

"I'm not Ahjeong." I replied. My tails are shaking by itself. I am not really scared but it's shaking.

"Don't deny it." She came nearer to me. "You'll want to be a human. One day, you'll want to be love."

That time, Tiara came and tried to save me but she is born to be happy and full of emotion. She did saved me but before we left...

"A mermaid with an emotion?" Sireina tilted her head. "We'll never see each other again."

That's the reason why Tiara can't come here, a curse, she said. After recalling what happened, I decided to leave the cave and come home. That Jessica must be safe by now.

"AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!" I heard a loud scream from the inside.

"Is that Jessica?" I quickly went back to the cave and swam inside where I could recall I found Sireina one time. Jessica wasn't there, only Sireina.

"J-Jessica! Where is she?" I asked.

"We met again, Ahjeong." Sireina looked at me with her green eyes. Her beautiful face didn't change a bit. The rumors are true, she doesn't grow old and she's immortal.

"I'm not Ahjeong. Where's Jessica?" I asked.

"That girl? She forgot about you. That girl is a human now but in order to protect the mermaid, I made her forgot everything about here but in order to pay me from my wish, I also get all the other memories." She chuckled after saying that.

"I don't care. I will go now." I said trying my best to face my fear, her. She calls me with a different name and she predicted what I want when I was a kid. I turned around and started to swam away.

"Wait, you want to be a human, right? You are currently connected to a human, right?"

I stopped. "Never will that happen."

"But what if the never will now happen"

"The rumors are true. This Sireina here is crazy." I said still not facing her.

"When you save that man, you fell in love with him at first sight. So odd for a mermaid who already saw thousands of people." 

"Shut.up."

"You have a fear, eh? What about a trade? I'll grant your wish and you'll give me all your wishes."

I turned around to face her. "You know what? I always wanted to smile, to laugh, to cry and do what humans do but I will not give up my wishes. That's the reason why mermaids live, their three wishes." I knew that by saying that, I agree that I want to be a human. Maybe, it's true.

"So, what about love?"

"Love?" I am still not use to that word yet in every mention of that room, I felt chills running down my spine.

"I'll make you a human, you'll still have that three wishes of yours and you can give that wishes away without disappearing at all but you will not be allowed to fall in love."

"What if I did?" I asked. She smirked.

"Simple, you'll be a mermaid again. The same thing will happened to you just like the other mermaids. You'll depend on your wishes again and disappear eventually." She said.

I tried to form a smile on my lips but I can't. It's hard for me to do that. I didn't say a word but Sireina moved her hands and said some words that I can hardly understand.

Lastly, she smiled, "Your wish is now granted."

___________________________________________________________________

I woke up at the sand with my hair dry. For the first time, I touched my hair, dry.

I looked at the water to look at my reflection, a lady in a dress, brown hair, black eye color, smiling lips and a pair of...

legs