Special Case; Rian's Reason

Life with a Thorn Named Rian

She her lips immediately, after walking away from Yoo Jin, headed for her dressing room. She shook her head, but her cheeks were flustered. She had the dazed and confused expression, carved on her pretty clean face. She changed into her normal outwears, jeans and a white t-shirt, walked out to the garden, where the next scene to be filmed.

She never thought he would be a good kisser. She had dated several famous people before, including Yoon Shi Yoon and Ji Chang Wook. But none of them were as good as him. Not even JB matched his fierce and intense way of kissing. No wonder he was still dateless. Such a shame that her kisser was none other than Jin Yoo Jin, the cocky, multitalented and slightly dorky rocker.  Otherwise she would have tried and court him since she was dateless at the moment.

She felt his intense gaze at the back of her neck and when she tried to meet his eyes, he quickly shot his sight to random directions except her. His cheeks began to fluster every time their eyes met, she smirked at the sight of this. Caressing his face as tenderly as possible since the scene required her to do so, while being devoid of all emotions.

Caressing his face was not a problem. It was being emotionless that was hard to act out. Since her mind was practically flooded with many contradicting thoughts. One said it would be OKAY to date him. Another screamed at her saying it was a freaking BAD idea because they are only friends. Wake up, Rian! He likes Haesong, for goodness sake!

When they wrapped up the first two scenes, they continued to linger around each other but not talking directly to one another. Finally, Rian made the first move, “Knucklehead, you finally quit teaching at Kirin High, I see. What gives?” she asked, titling her head to one side. “My students. They heard about how great their senior and teacher really was, so they encouraged me to try full time rock star. When the opportunity presents itself to me, I just took it. You?”

She made a fake pout, replying, “Have you not been watching television or go to the movies?” Yoo Jin just shrugged. “Not interested. Why? Were you on it? What show?” She sighed, giving him a good slap at the back of his head. “You promised me that you will catch all of my dramas and now you tell me that you’re not watching television at all?” She snapped.

“I said I will try to catch your drama,” he answered, emphasised on the word “try”, which in this case was not helping him to ease her annoyance. “Plus, you never keep contact with me after we left Kirin High. How was I supposed to know what drama you got casted for?” he added, to prove a point. She threw her hands up, shook her head, and spoke, “That’s it. Give me your phone, now.” He shot her a dirty look. “Glad to see you still have your bossy, no, princess complex.” She only fumed at him.

The conversation they had moments ago was just like the normal conversation she used to have with him. Not awkward as she thought it would be. That was a sign, alright. A sign saying that she should not be testing their friendship with trying to move it to another direction. She should have learnt from her past doomed relationship with Im Jae Bum.

He eventually apologised her, by promising her to take her out for an expensive dinner. This pleased her greatly; she was beaming with a smile. “Like a date?” she teased. “A date? Hell no! Just you and me as old friends,” he refuted, but the uncertainty in his voice made it sound like he was trying to mask his embarrassment.

Jin Yoo Jin was never embarrassed when she graced him with her presence. Except when he was shirtless. But that was not the point. Point was that he could be developing a crush on her. She had no need for proof, as she knew from their high school days that when Jin Yoo Jin liked Shin Haesung, he had no valid reasons and he just like her very much, act like a puppy in love when he was within Haesung’s company. No, this is not good. This had BAD written all over it. Perhaps, it was time for her to accept that fool’s fourteenth proposal to date her … it could deflate his delusions and they could returned to being friends.

She dug her phone from her pursue, wrote a single word of “yes” to Lee Jun’s number and with no doubt, received one from him minutes later, saying, “Dinner, 8pm. My home.” She just sighed, silently praying her plan to work.

 

A/N: It would have been a bothersome to post this in Romeo n Juliet, so I took a decision to post here since this is needed to explain for Rian's reactions, like a flashback. I apologised in advance for if it's confusing. Hope you  enjoyed it.