The Audition

Being With You

 

"THE AUDITION"
 
 
 
The next day, Ilhoon decided to travel around Seoul before he auditions in Cube Entertainment tomorrow. He had heard that Cube Entertainment is holding an audition for those who wants to become a star. Upon hearing the news, he begged his parents to let him auditioned for it since it has always been his dream to become a famous rapper.  His parents had to let him go since they knew Ilhoon had always wanted to be a rapper. Ilhoon was overjoyed when his parents allowed him to go.
 
Ilhoon's heart began to beat faster as he thought about the auditions. He hopes that he can do well and get accepted. He did not want to disappoint his parents. As he walk around Seoul, he saw flyers of the audition pasted on the walls, lamp posts and even in shop windows. He smiled to himself unknowingly. He spent his day today by shopping for new clothes, trying new food that he had never tried before and of course, to practice the song he is going to sing and rap for tomorrow.
 
The next day, Ilhoon woke up especially early. He went out to have his breakfast and immediately went to Cube Entertainment. Luckily, he found his way there safely. The minute he saw the big building, he began to get nervous. Sweat began to form eventhough it is very cold. He saw many people already practicing inside. He went to the counter and registered his name in the list prepared for everyone. 
 
After registering, Ilhoon finds a place to sit down and calm himself down. He is very nervous. His turn is quite long so he has plenty of time to practice. He took out his earpiece and MP3 and the song he will be singing for later. The song started and Ilhoon started bobbing his head up and down according to the beat. He sang silently, not wanting to disturb the others who is also practicing.
 
The door to the audition room opened. Ilhoon looked up to see a girl running while closing her face. It looks as if she was crying. Ilhoon began to get nervous. He began to think of what will happen when he goes in the room. He began to think what if the judges are strict. He could see the others began to panic after they saw the crying girl. Ilhoon calmed himself down as he begin singing again.
 
The rap part was about to start and he was about to rap until he felt a tap on his shoulders. He turned around and saw the guy from yesterday who helped him find his way to the hotel. Ilhoon was very surprised to see him here. He took out his earpiece and bowed slightly to greet him.
 
"Hello Ilhoon-sshi! What are you doing here?" Hyunsik asked.
 
"Hello. I'm going to audition for Cube Ent. You?" Ilhoon asked.
 
"Same here! What a coincidence to see you here," Hyunsik said as he smiled to the other boy.
 
Ilhoon smiled back and gave space for Hyunsik to sit beside him. Hyunsik gladly sat beside him since he was quite lonely when he was practicing his singing. Similarly to Ilhoon, Hyunsik wants to be famous too, but he wants to be a singer. His parents at first declined him to achieve his dream but after begging for a few times, they agreed. 
 
Hyunsik and Ilhoon began talking about their lifes, about their family, their dreams and more. They even showed each other what they were going to sing for later on. They encouraged each other and eventually became very close. Sometimes, they would joke around. Ilhoon got to know that Hyunsik is older than him so he called him hyung.
 
It wasn't until it was Hyunsik's turn to go into the audition room. Hyunsik got really nervous. He felt an arm around his shoulders. Ilhoon wished him good luck. Hyunsik said thanks before taking heavy steps towards the room. He took a very deep breath before stepping into the room. He turned around and saw Ilhoon waving his hand at him. He waved back quickly before closing the door behind him. Hyunsik went infront of the judges and greeted them. 
 
"Annyeonghaseyo. Lim Hyunsik ibnida." Hyunsik introduced himself.
 
There are four judges. Three guys and one lady. They look quite fierce but Hyunsik tried not to show that he is afraid. One of the judges asked him what he is going to sing for them. Hyunsik answered him earning four nodding heads after that. The lady told him to sing when he is ready. Hyunsik took a very deep breath before singing.
 
Outside, Ilhoon practiced and practiced. He felt quite nervous not only for himself, but also for Hyunsik. He hoped that the both of them can pass together. He took a look at the watch on his wrist. He had been in the building for 2 hours now. His bottom began to ache so he stood up and began to stretch. 
 
The door opened and out came Hyunsik. Ilhoon went towards him and asked how it was. Hyunsik shrugged his shoulders
since he is unsure whether he did well or not. The judges just told him that he will be informed whether he passed or not. Hyunsik felt relieved that the audition is over for him. He can now only hope that he is accepted by Cube Entertainment. 
 
Hyunsik helped Ilhoon to practice a bit more. After a few minutes, it was finally his turn. Ilhoon's heart almost jumped out of his chest when his name was called. Hyunsik held Ilhoon's hand as an encouragement, making Ilhoon slightly blush. Ilhoon walked towards the room and turned around for a final time to see Hyunsik doing a 'fighting' pose. Ilhoon gave one back and close the door. Ilhoon stepped infront of the four judges and introduced himself.
 
"Annyeonghaseyo. Jung Ilhoon ibnida!" 
 
Ilhoon was asked a few questions before finally he could perform for them. He took a deep breath and begin to sing. He closed his eyes to avoid looking at the fierce-looking judges and just kept singing. When the rap part came, he began to rap with confidence. After finishing the song, the judges told him to wait for their call to know whether he passed or not. Ilhoon nodded and bowed to the judges before leaving the room, feeling glad that everything is over. He stepped outside and saw Hyunsik running towards him. Hyunsik grabbed Ilhoon's right shoulder and gave a shake.
 
"Now we can only wait for the results," Hyunsik said, and Ilhoon nodded his head.
 
"Hyung, let's grab something to eat. I'm hungry!" Ilhoon said, tapping his stomach cutely. 
 
Hyunsik thought that Ilhoon is so cute when he did that so he agreed immediately. Besides, he is also hungry. The two went inside a small restaurant nearby. Both of them ordered Kimchi Ramen. While eating, they talked about the auditions, mostly about the scary judges. They laughed at each other's jokes. After eating, Hyunsik showed Ilhoon around Seoul since they don't want to go home yet. Ilhoon learnt alot from Hyunsik.
 
At the end of the day, Hyunsik sent Ilhoon back to the hotel. The both of them do not want to leave each other. They had a fun day today. 
 
"It was fun today. Thanks hyung!" Ilhoon said.
 
"You're welcome. I guess you should be going?" Hyunsik said, a bit of disappointment in his tone.
 
"Nehh....bye." Ilhoon said softly before turning around to leave. 
 
Hyunsik was about to leave as well before an idea came to him. He called Ilhoon and went towards him. Ilhoon looked at Hyunsik confusedly.
 
"How about you live with me?" Hyunsik asked, hoping for a yes.
 
"What?" Ilhoon was shocked.
 
"I live alone. I have no one to talk to. It would be nice to have you there with me. Besides, how long are you going to leave in this hotel? It's very expensive," Hyunsik explained.
 
Ilhoon thought about what Hyunsik said. He thought that Hyunsik was right. Besides, he got tired of the hotel. He smiled at Hyunsik and nodded his head. Hyunsik smiled back and hook his arm with Ilhoon's. 
 
"Come on! Let's pack your bag!" Hyunsik said and dragged the blushing boy to the lift.
 
 
 
------------------------------------------------------------------
  
Another chapter completed.
I felt a bit sad that there isn't any subscribers yet :\
Is the storyline boring? Actually I find it boring too.
And too cheesy, especially this chapter. I'm sorry.  
Do continue to read, comment & subscribe please :)
Sincerely,