--7--

Eternal Love

-At Seoul-

A week had passed, Taeyeon kept her promise to Tiffany for an ice cream treat.

 

-At Ice Cream Store-

Tiffany: “Tae Tae! I’m transferring to another Uni!”

Taeyeon: *Confused* “Bwoh?! Wae out of a sudden?”

Tiffany: *Chuckles* “Got ya! So you haven’t told me where you went to that night in summer camp?”

Taeyeon: “Ahh.. You still remember?” *Hehe face*

Tiffany: “Of course! Hmm, let me guess… you were at room 302?”

Taeyeon: *Stunned* “Oh? How did you know?”

Tiffany: [Oh Jess.. After so many years why are you doing this to Tae Tae?] Tiffany thought

“Ani.. I was just guessing.”

Taeyeon: “Fany ah.. Mianhe..”

Tiffany: “Ani..” *Tries to change the atmosphere* “Tae Tae! I wanna eat this ice cream!”

*Pointing at the waffle ice cream*

Taeyeon: *Smiles* “Ok!”

 

With Taeyeon queueing for the ice cream, Tiffany starts to flashback at what Taeyeon did not know..

 

-Tiffany’s Flashback to SMIS-

Tiffany remembered that Taeyeon was absent from school after the day where Jessica introduced DongHae as her boyfriend. Coincidentally, Tiffany met Jessica while walking back to class.

 

Jessica: “Hi there, Tiff!”

Tiffany: “Hi Jess!”

Jessica: “Tiff, what do you think about Taeyeon?”

Tiffany: “What about her?”

Jessica: “You know.. After your presence at SMIS, Taeyeon wouldn’t even spend a day with me..”

Tiffany: “I’m sorry?! Don’t you already have DongHae with you?”

 Jessica: “Can’t you see I was trying to get Taeyeon’s attention?”

Tiffany: “Well, Jess, I’m not so sure..”

Jessica: “Tiff! Are you starting a war with me?”

Tiffany: “I don’t mind.. It’s not like you own Taeyeon?”

Jessica: “Fine! Tiff! We’re officially in war!”

 

~Next Day~

Taeyeon was back in school without knowing a war had started out between Jessica and Tiffany. Taeyeon was avoiding all her classmates especially Jessica..

 

Tiffany: “Tae Tae! Let’s roam the campus again!” *Smiles brightly*

Taeyeon: “*Smiles slightly* “Dae!”

 

With Tiffany and Taeyeon roaming around the school, they met Jessica and DongHae at one of the staircases.. Both of them witnessed Jessica and DongHae’s kiss.. Tiffany quickly covered Taeyeon’s eyes tagging Taeyeon into another direction. Taeyeon took Tiffany’s hands away and continued to walk aimlessly leaving Tiffany behind.

 

Tiffany: “Tae Tae..”

Taeyeon: *No replied* *Continued walking aimlessly*

Tiffany: “Tae Tae! Watch out!”

Taeyeon: *GONG!*

 

Taeyeon banged on to a transparent glass

 

Taeyeon: “Ouch..” *Rubs her head*

Tiffany: *Ran towards Taeyeon* “Are you alright?”

Taeyeon: *Nods* Trying hard not to cry*

 

~Weeks later~

Tiffany and Taeyeon’s friendship got stronger. At the same time, Taeyeon was trying her best to avoid Jessica. The school had a table tennis competition where they heard an ex student was coming back to help train the participants for the competition.

 

-During Physical Education Class (PE)-

Yuri: “Hey Sica! You heard the news right?!”

Jessica: “What news?!”

Yuri: “One of the ex student is visiting our school!”

Jessica: *Eyes widened* “Jinjia?”

Yuri: *Nods and Smiles* “Are you thinking of what I’m thinking?”

Jessica: *Excited* “Yup!” “Is he here to help train our participants for the competition?”

Yuri: “Yea.. I guess so..”

Jessica: *Claps* *Over joy*

 

JongKook: “Hi students! Before we start the lesson, as you know in 3 month’s time there will be a table tennis competition held in our school, the school was kind enough to ask one of our ex student who had won many championships in table tennis to come help us train the participants. Some of you might even know him before.” *Whispers to Ex student* “Please introduce yourself!”

Ex Student: “Hi everyone, I’m JaeJoong.” *Smiles*

Boy 1: “Hey! I can’t wait to have a match with you!”

JaeJoong: “Sure!” *Smiles*

Tiffany: “Oh.. So he is the legendary JaeJoong oppa?”

Taeyeon: [Finally.. I know how he looks like..] Taeyeon thought

JongKook: “Students, this class will be a fully practice on table tennis. If you think you are up for a match with JaeJoong, go for it!” *Laughs*

Tiffany: “Tae Tae! Let’s warm up? Shall we?”

Taeyeon: “Ok!” *Smiles*

 

On the corner of Tiffany’s eyes, she saw Jessica getting closer to JaeJoong, but JaeJoong was more concentrated on the table tennis than to Jessica. Tiffany saw Jessica walking away while DongHae followed her.

 

JaeJoong: *Walked towards Taeyeon* “Hi! Are you a participant for the table tennis competition?”

Taeyeon: [Oh wae? Wae is he walking towards me?] Taeyeon thought “Ahh.. Ani.. I’m just doing what JongKooh-ssi asked us to do..”

JaeJoong: “Ok! Do you mind if we have a match?”

Taeyeon: [Oh no.. that’s the last thing I want to hear..] Taeyeon thought “Oh.. I’m not really good at it though..”

JaeJoong: “It’s ok!” *Smiles*

 

Tiffany moved away so that JaeJoong could have a one on one match with Taeyeon.

 

JaeJoong: “I’m serving!”

Taeyeon: “Ok!”

JaeJoong: *Gave way to Taeyeon*

Taeyeon: *Ah! This ball is easy for me!* *Smashed!* *Ball flew off the table*

Tiffany: “Wah! Tae Tae! You’re awesome!” *Claps*

Taeyeon: “Aniya.. I think he is just giving way to me..” *Slightly annoyed*

JaeJoong: *Laughs* “You’ve got some skills there! Ok! This time for real!”

Taeyeon: *Laughs*

JaeJoong: “2nd serve coming!”

Taeyeon: “Dae!”

 

Tiffany saw Jessica who just entered the table tennis room walked towards JaeJoong and Taeyeon’s table.

 

Jessica: “JaeJoong oppa! Hwaiting!”

Yuri: “Sica!” *Signaling Jessica to control*

Taeyeon: [It’s ok Yuri..] Taeyeon thought

Jessica: *Looking at Taeyeon* *Disbelief that Taeyeon resembled JaeJoong*

Tiffany: “Tae Tae! Hwaiting!”

 

The match got tensed when both JaeJoong and Taeyeon got to 10-10 points. Either party will win if they keep a constant of 2 more points. JaeJoong saw potential in Taeyeon, but Taeyeon who was exhausted wanted to take a break, instead of taking a break she continued the game. Tiffany could see Taeyeon’s determination to win the match. *Ball flew off the table* Taeyeon was surprised as it was her that was leading with 11 points. Taeyeon told to herself [No matter win or lose, I just want to finish this match!] *Ball flew off the table*

 

Tiffany: *Ran towards Taeyeon* “Tae Tae!” *Hugs* “I’m so proud of you!”

Taeyeon: *Hugs back* “Aigoo.. Fany ah.. I’m so tired right now.. my muscles are hurting..”

Tiffany: “Tae Tae! You’re awesome!” *Big smiles*

Taeyeon: “Hahas” *Smiles back*

Jessica: *No way! Expression*

JaeJoong: “Wow! You’re good! I should recommend you to JoonKook-ssi for being on the participant list!” *Smiles*

Taeyeon: *Return smile* “Oh.. I think you were saving my pride, but no thank you!”

JaeJoong: *Laughs*

Tiffany: *Puts her arms around Taeyeon’s arm* “Tae Tae! Let’s go have a drink!”

Taeyeon: *Smiles* “Yup!”

Jessica: *Icy stared at Tiffany*

Tiffany: *Looked away*

 

-End of Tiffany’s Flashback-

 

-At Ice Cream Store-

Taeyeon: *Walking towards Tiffany with her waffle ice cream*

Tiffany: “Wah~!”

Taeyeon: *Laughs*

Tiffany: “Kamsa~”

Taeyeon: “Keke. Ani.. Just eat it!” *Points at the ice cream*

Tiffany: “Tae Tae! Do you remember the first time when we were in bad terms?”

Taeyeon: “Oh? Why are you in a confrontation mode today?” *Confused*

Tiffany: “Aniya.. I suddenly remembered..”

Taeyeon: “Oh..”

Tiffany: “I had never saw you so angry before..”

Taeyeon: *Speechless*

 

Taeyeon starts to think back to that significant moment..

 

-Taeyeon’s Flashback to SMIS-

Jessica: “DongHae! So you’re leaving now?”

DongHae: “I’ve no choice!”

Jessica: “When are you leaving?”

DongHae: “Tomorrow..”

Jessica: “Then.. What about me?”

DongHae: “I’m sorry, even though it’s only a year.. I enjoyed your accompany!”

Jessica: *Started to cry*

DongHae: “I do think that there are times that something is coming between us. I think only you know it yourself..”

Jessica: *Continued to cry*

DongHae: *Kisses Jessica’s forehead* “I’ve got to go.. Take care alright?”

Jessica: *Nods and turned away* [Why does the one that I love always have to leave me behind..?] Jessica thought

 

Jessica did not notice that Tiffany and Taeyeon were witnessing everything.

 

Tiffany: “Tae Tae.. I think we should help Jess..”

Taeyeon: *No response*

Tiffany: *Moved towards Jessica*

Taeyeon: *Gripped Tiffany’s hand* *Angered* “Ani.. We should leave her alone..”

Tiffany: “Tae Tae! You’re gripping too tightly!”

Taeyeon: *Let go immediately* “Mianhe..”

 

Taeyeon wanted to follow Jessica but she could not find the reasons to show up all of a sudden..

 

~2 Years Later~

Taeyeon and Jessica kept a distance though they would still contact each other.

 

Jessica: “Taengoo.. Can I have you for a day?”

Taeyeon: “Today?”

Jessica: “Yup.”

Taeyeon: “Ok.”

Jessica: “Meet me at the gate after school.”

Taeyeon: “Dae.”

 

~After school~

Jessica: “Please tell me Tiffany is not coming with us..”

Taeyeon: “Okok.. Tiffany is not coming along..”

Jessica: *Delighted* “Yeah~!”

Taeyeon: “So where are we going?” *Confused*

Jessica: *Smiles* “You’ll know soon!” *Tagged Taeyeon with her*

 

~At KTV~

Jessica: “Here we are!” *Excited*

Taeyeon: “Bwoh? KTV? Are we..?”

Jessica: “Yes! I want to hear you sing!” *Smiles*

Taeyeon: *Smiles back*

 

Taeyeon remembered very clearly at the end of the KTV session, Jessica sang Utada Hikaru’s First Love. Taeyeon was surprised that Jessica knew Japanese! But as she listened to Jessica’s voice, it was full of passion yet sorrow. Taeyeon immediately knew who Jessica was referring to through her voice.. Taeyeon did not understand why JaeJoong had left such a scar on Jessica and she did not intend to know. Soon after Jessica finished her last song, Taeyeon did not know what to sing so she chose Richard Marx’s Right Here Waiting. Even though, she did not know English well back then, with the help and influence from Jessica and Tiffany, Taeyeon made swift improvements. At the end of the day, Taeyeon heard Jessica said..

 

Jessica: “Taengoo~”

Taeyeon: “Hmm?”

Jessica: “Thanks for the day!” *Smiles*

Taeyeon: *Smiles back*

Jessica: “There is something I need to tell you.. I’m leaving states for Seoul, Korea!”

Taeyeon: “WHAT?! Wae so sudden?”

Jessica: “Ah.. Appa and Omma decides to go back to Korea, they say I haven’t experience their childhood days..”

Taeyeon: “Oh.. So when are you leaving?”

Jessica: “End of this semester..”

Taeyeon: “Next week?”

Jessica: “Dae.”

Taeyeon: “What about me?”

Jessica: “Aniyo.. You still have Tiffany around?”

Taeyeon: “Then what about you?”

Jessica: “Don’t worry Taengoo.. Yuri’s family will be joining mine.”

Taeyeon: “Oh? Yuri too?!”

Jessica: *Nods*

 

-End of Taeyeon’s Flashback-

 

-At Ice Cream Store-

Tiffany: *Waving her hands in Taeyeon’s face*

Taeyeon: “Wae?”

Tiffany: “Oh? Hello? Are you back~?”

Taeyeon: “Yea.. I was asking why are you waving your hands directly into my face..”

Tiffany: *Chuckles* “So you remember why you were so angry?”

Taeyeon: *Got annoyed* “Yah Fany ah!”

Tiffany: *Laughs* “Tae Tae! You never change! You really dislike confronting situations, don’t you?”

“Hmm.. Let’s see, do you remember our graduation road trip then?”

Taeyeon: “Ah.. I remember.. It was a night out to Joshua tree national park..”

Tiffany: “Yup! SMIS was so nice to send us there! Do you remember the night views?”

Taeyeon: “Yea! The stars!! Fany ah.. We saw a shooting star right?”

Tiffany: “Yes, we did! What did you wish for?”

Taeyeon: “I wish that we would be in the same Uni!” *Laughs*

Tiffany: “Really? Here we are in the same Uni!” *Laughs*

 

Taeyeon was hiding the truth..

 

-Taeyeon’s Flashback to Graduation Road Trip-

Everyone was choosing their best spot to view the stars, as usual; Tiffany and Taeyeon went to the same spot together. Lying on the warm ground, Tiffany and Taeyeon shared the same view of the universe. Taeyeon was looking for the brightest star when she remembered the first time when she shared the same view of the universe with someone was Jessica.. 2 years already passed. They were already 18 years old. [Am I going crazy? You’ve been out of my life for 2 years.. The most we did was to chat on the phone.. I could not even talk to you face to face.. Am I.. Or have I fallen for you all these time?]

 

Tiffany: “Tae Tae! There’s a shooting star!”

Taeyeon: *Followed the shooting star* “Fany ah! Close your eyes and make a wish!”

Tiffany: “Dae!”

Taeyeon: [Shooting star.. If you heard me.. Could you please let me see Sica once more before we move on to our Uni life?] Taeyeon wished

 

~Weeks later after graduation day~

Yuri: “Taeyeon unnie! It’s been a long time!” *Excited*

Taeyeon: *Surprised* “What? You are… Yuri! What are you doing here?”

Yuri: “My appa had to make a business trip to the states, so I followed him..”

Taeyeon: “How have you been? Did Sic..”

Yuri: “Thanks~ I’m fine. Ah.. Yes, she accompanied her appa too..”

Taeyeon: “Where is she?”

Yuri: “Ermm.. She should be on her way to SMIS.” *Smiles*

Taeyeon: “Thanks Yuri!” *Smiles back* *Energy revived*

Yuri: “Erm, we won’t be staying though.. So I think we will be having a KTV gathering later before we leave..”

Taeyeon: “Dae!” *Smiles*

 

“Taengoo~!”

 

Taeyeon turned and had the brightest smile yet to be seen in the past 2 years.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Author's Note(s)**

Hihi Everyone! I'm sorry for the late update, but this was one of the chapters where the scenarios started to link with each other..

& because of that, there were just a little bit more flashbacks than the previous chaps. I hope you are getting to see the big picture here.

& I do hope you feel the character's emotions that're coming through and the bond gets stronger each chapter. 

Ok enough said for another long chapter! =)

Thank you for the continuous support! Once again, to the new subscribers, thank you for subscribing! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! =)

3 more chaps to go! I hope to bring a memorable ending to this story~ Stay tuned! =)