--6--

Eternal Love

-Taeyeon Flashback to 2nd Night at Camp Continues-

 

Yuri: “Tae Yeon ah.. Back then when Sica and I had just joined SMIS Sica was just like you, a loner. Before I became her best friend, Jaejoong oppa brought her back to life…”

*Explains how Jaejoong was Jessica’s first love*

Taeyeon: “Ah… I see.” [Now I know why..] Taeyeon thought to herself

Yuri: *Smiles* “Sometimes, your personality do reminds me of Jaejoong oppa as well! I think that’s probably why Sica saw the similarities in you!”

Taeyeon: *Smiles slightly* “Dae.. Yuri ah, thanks for telling me Sica’s past.”

Yuri: *Smiles* “No problem! Taeyeon ah, I’m sleeping soon.. Let’s keep this conversation between us, alright? I don’t think Sica wants you to know about the story between them..”

Taeyeon: *Smiles back* “Ok! Kamsa~”

 

With that, Yuri dimmed the lights and fell fast asleep. Taeyeon turns to Jessica to fix her fringe and gave her a tiny kiss on the forehead.

 

Taeyeon: “Sica ah.. Why didn’t you tell me about your past? Or do I just resemble the wound that never heals?” *Sighed*

Jessica: *Deep asleep, no response*

 

For the whole night, Taeyeon stayed wide awake trying to understand Jessica’s action. The more she tried to understand, the more confused she got. With the constant weird sounds made by SooYoung, she could not even fall asleep.

 

SooYoung: *Snorezzz* *Clenching teeth*

Taeyeon: *Sighed* *Covering her ears with a pillow*

[Sica ah.. If you will, I’m going to help you forget him..] Taeyeon thought while looking at Sica

The sun was about to rise when Taeyeon finally found herself blinking more frequently as she enters her dreamland.

 

~Next Morning~

*Morning Call at 7 am*

*TRUTRU-TruTru-TruTru*

 

Yuri: *Woke up immediately* *Hangs up the phone* *Walks over to SooYoung*

“SooYoung ah.. Wake up!” *Suddenly saw a tall figure wrapped around with a blanket*

“Bwoh..? Are you still having a hangover?”

SooYoung: “Aish.. Where am I? *Rubs her eyes* Bwoh! Look who’s here!” *Pointing at Taeyeon*

Yuri: “Shhh! Don’t wake them up!” *Suddenly raised her voice*

SooYoung: *Gave an Oh expression* *Ran to the bathroom*

Jessica: *Suddenly woke up by Yuri’s voice*

Yuri: *Whispers to SooYoung who was running* “Yah! You better come out fast!”

Jessica: *Sits up and saw Taeyeon next to her* *Smiles*

 

*2nd Morning Call attempt at 7:30 am*

*TRUTRU-TruTru-TruTru*

 

Jessica: *Preparing for the final day event* *Picked up her refresher*

Taeyeon: *Stretching* “Ahhh~”

Jessica: *SPRAYzz!*

Taeyeon: *Screamed* “AHHH!* “Aigoo..”

Jessica: *Looks at Taeyeon* “You’ll need this as a Korean!”

Taeyeon: *Sits up* *Rubs her eyes* “Oh.. Are you feeling better today?”

Jessica: *Smiles* “Yea I’m.. Thanks for staying with me, Taengoo!”

Taeyeon: *Smiles back*

SooYoung: “Taeyeon unnie! Did you sleep well last night?” *Chuckled over Taeyeon’s dark circles*

Yuri: “Taeyeon ah.. I think you should go look at…”

 

~Suddenly interrupted by the door bell ~

*DING DONG!*

 

Yuri: *Opened the door*

Camp Coordinator: *Yelled* “Get up people! You’re late for your activities!”

All: “Huh?!”

Camp Coordinator: “Smells like you girls had a memory loss!”

SooYoung: “Where are we going?”

Camp Coordinator: “Do you girls ever read the itinerary? We’re hiking a mountain today!”

Taeyeon: “BWOH?!”

Camp Coordinator: “Why are you so amazed?”

Taeyeon: “Aniya.. I just..”

 

~Weeks Later~

JaeSuk: “Dear class, I hope you had fun at the summer camp!”

“I would like to introduce you to another new student!” *Signals the new student to the front*

“So could you please introduce yourself to the class?”

New Student: “Hi everyone, I’m DongHae from Korea, nice to meet you all!”

JaeSuk: “Ahh.. Annyeong Haseyo!” *Shakehands with DongHae*

“Oh.. Since DongHae is new to our school, may I know who is going to help him through his first week?”

Jessica: *Raised her hand suddenly*

Yuri: *Shocked* “Bwoh Sica!?”

Jessica: *Shrugged Yuri* “Anyia.. Let me do this!”

JaeSuk: “Oh? Are you sure Jessica?”

Jessica: “Yes!”

Donghae: *Looks at Jessica with a disbelief look*

 

~Campus Tour~

As usual, Tiffany was roaming around the school with Taeyeon when on the opposite side of the campus, Taeyeon saw Jessica walking with DongHae linking her arms tightly to his… Taeyeon acted cool and walked away as if she did not see anything.. But Jessica approached them.

 

Jessica: “Annyeong!” *Fake smile*

Taeyeon and Tiffany: “Annyeong!”

Jessica: “Let me introduce you to my boyfriend!” *Smiles*

Tiffany: “Whhat? You barely know him?!”

Taeyeon: *Kept quiet*

Jessica: “I think we’re on very good terms now indeed!” *Looks at DongHae*

DongHae: *Forced to fake a smile*

Jessica: “Annyeong~ I’ll see you two around the corner!”

 

Leaving Tiffany and Taeyeon in shock, Taeyeon felt the confusion rising inside her head and thought to herself [Sica ah.. Was I late by that one second? What happened to us during camp? Have you forgotten already? Why were you acting like this? Maybe this will be better for us?]

 

-End of Taeyeon’s Flashback-

 

-At Ice Cream Store-

 

Tiffany: *Waving her hands at Taeyeon*

Taeyeon: *No response* *Sighed*

Tiffany: “Tae Tae!”

Taeyeon: *Shocked* “Bwoh?”

Tiffany: “Aigoo.. What’s wrong with you lately?”

Taeyeon: “Ani.. I was just thinking about what you said..”

Tiffany: “Ooh, so where were you that whole day?”

Taeyeon: “I.. “

 

*Tiffany’s phone rang*

 

Tiffany: “Yeoboseyo?”

Girl: “Annyeong! Unnie~! Eodiya?”

Tiffany: *Looks at her phone* *Caller ID: Shim Eun Kyung* “Omo.. Mianhe Eun Kyung ah!”

Eun Kyung: “Unnie~ Paliwa!”

Tiffany: “Give me a few minutes I’ll get to you as soon as possible!”

Eun Kyung: “Dae!”

Tiffany: “Mian~”

Taeyeon: “Fany ah, Who’s Eun Kyung?”

Tiffany: “Tae Tae, mianhe.. I’ve got to go.. Eun Kyung is my student..”

*Preparing to leave*

Taeyeon: “Student? Are you teaching students flute?”

Tiffany: *Smiles and nods* “Taeyeon ah! Tell me your adventures during summer camp tomorrow! I’m so curious!” *Eye-smile*

Taeyeon: “Jinjia? Ok! Thanks for the ice cream! I will treat you back soon!”

Tiffany: *Smiles* “Annyeong! See you tomorrow!” *Rushed off*

Taeyeon: *Smiles back* “Annyeong~”

 

-At GwangJu-

 

Jessica finally reached her dorm; she was lazing around trying to catch up with her lectures when…

*DING DONG!*

 

Jessica: *Ran to the door* *Opens door*

Yuri: *Holding cakes with candles lit*

Yuri and Classmates:

 

“Saeng il chuk ha ham ni da~

Saeng il chuk ha ham ni da~

Sarang ha neun Sica-ssi~

Saeng il chuk ha ham ni da~”

 

Jessica: “Bwoh?!” *Covered * *Gently tapped Yuri’s shoulder*

“Yuri ah! Don’t you need to teach yoga today? Wae you people coming from?“

Yuri: “Aniya.. Yesterday I was so busy that I did not get the chance to celebrate my best friend’s birthday! So I just cancelled the class today and went downtown to buy you a cake!”

Classmate: *Looks at the cake* “Jessica, make a wish! The candles are melting!”

Jessica: *Closed her eyes* *Made 3 wishes* *Paused for a while before she blows the candles*

Yuri: “Chuk ha yo!” *Smiles*

Classmates: *Paksu* "Chuk ha hamnida, Jessica!"

Jessica: *Smiles* “Gomawo~!”

 

~Jessica’s wishes~

1)      She wished that everyone around her including her friends and family members are in good health.

2)      She wished that Taecyeon is doing well in the army.

3)      She wished that..

 

For some reasons, Jessica was staring at the cake while she had sudden flashbacks on how she celebrated her 13th birthday with Taeyeon at SMIS.

 

-Jessica’s Flashback to SMIS-

 

Mr. Jung: “Baby Jessica, where do you want to put your cake?”

Jessica: “Appa! Put it at the table over there!” *Points at the central table*

Mr. Jung: “Alright!”

Jessica: “Appa! Wait for a minute! I need someone to be here.”

*Ran out of the classroom* *Saw Taeyeon**Ran towards Taeyeon*

Jessica: “Taengoo! There you are!” *Smiles*

Taeyeon: “Oh?”

Jessica: *Puts her arms around Taeyeon’s arm* *Tagged Taeyeon with her*

Taeyeon: “Wae? Where are you taking me?”

Jessica: *Smiles with a smirk* “You’ll know!”

 

~In the Classroom~

Jessica: “Appa!” *Signaling Mr. Jung to get ready*

Mr. Jung: “Ah Yea..”

Jessica: “Taengoo~ stand here!”

Taeyeon: *Confused* “Ohh..”

 

~Lights off~

Mr. Jung: *Lit the candles*

Yuri and 1st grade classmates: *Walked into the classroom*

 

“Saeng il chuk ha ham ni da~”

 

Taeyeon: “Finally understands the situation”

Everyone in the classroom:

 

“Saeng il chuk ha ham ni da~

Sarang ha neun Sica-ssi~

Saeng il chuk ha ham ni da~”

 

Yuri: *Paksu* “Chuk ha Sica!” *Smiles*

Taeyeon: *Laughs* “Oh! Chuk ha hamnida!”

Mr. Jung: *Cutting and distributing cakes*

Taeyeon: *Took the cream on her piece of cake and place it on Jessica’s nose*

Jessica: *Changes facial expression* “Taengoo!” *Took a handful of cream and started throwing at Taeyeon*

Taeyeon: *Stunned* “Yah! Sica ah! I didn’t know you have this other side of you!” *Started to revenge throwing*

 

Jessica remembered very clearly that their uniforms were covered with the cake creams by the end of the day and none of them took extra clothing to change. They ended up taking a photo for memory..

 

-End of Jessica’s Flashback-

 

It was night time when the dorm’s curfew started, Jessica bid Yuri goodbye and decided to head back to revision. She thought of the photo that were with Taeyeon back then, she flipped through drawers after drawers and finally managed to find that Polaroid photo.. She then shifted her gaze towards the ring that was worn on her ring finger.. Jessica let out a smile and found herself drenched in the memories of Taeyeon. As she lets herself drift to the memories of Taeyeon, she saw vivid images that would just made her day.

 

-Jessica’s Vivid Images-

 

1)

Day 1: Jessica and Yuri walk passed the staircase, Jessica saw a girl sitting there. She did not pay further attention.

Day 2: Jessica and Yuri walk passed the same staircase, Jessica saw the same girl sitting there again. She starts to feel odd but she walked away.

Day 3: Jessica and Yuri walk passed the staircase again, Jessica saw the girl sitting at the same spot.. The girl somewhat catches Jessica’s attention. Jessica was curious but once again she walked away.

Day 4: Because Yuri falls sick, Jessica was alone in school that day, this time she chose to walk from another staircase, and thought to herself [Great! There is no one sitting at the staircase today!]

Day 5: Yuri was still on medical leave, Jessica subconsciously walks back to her original route.. This time Jessica finally approached the girl..

Jessica: [Oh? Why is she sitting at the staircase reading again?! It’s lunch time! She should be having lunch!] *Walks up to the girl*

“Ermm.. Taeyeon?”

Taeyeon: “Oh? Jessica?”

Jessica: *Blushed slightly due to the lack of words* “Ermm.. Why are you sitting here alone?”

Taeyeon: “Oh.. I find it difficult to communicate with the others in English..”

Jessica: “Ah..” *Nods in understanding* “It’s ok, since I’m learning Korean from you; we can talk more often in school?”

Taeyeon: *Smiles as if she found someone who understands her*

Jessica: “So what are your hobbies?”

Taeyeon: *Delighted* “I love to sing! What about yours?”

Jessica: *More delighted* “Wow! I love to sing too!”

Taeyeon and Jessica: *Laughs*

 

2)

Jessica: “Taengoo! Do you want to come by my house?”

Taeyeon: “Wae?”

Jessica: *Happily* “I want to record your voice!!”

Taeyeon: “Huh? Aniyo.. My voice isn’t..”

Jessica: *Interrupts* “Ani.. You have a nice voice!” *Smiles*

Taeyeon: *Blushed* “Aniyo..”

 

3)

Taeyeon: *Lying on the playground’s slide gazing at the dark sky*

Jessica: *Saw Taeyeon and ran over* “Taengoo~ What are you looking at?”

Taeyeon: “Shhh.. I’m trying to look for the stars!”

Jessica: *Laid next to Taeyeon’s slide* *Gazed at the stars with Taeyeon*

“Do you like stars?”

Taeyeon: “Dae! Stars are beautiful!”

Jessica: *Suddenly excited* “Taengoo! I saw a bright star!”

Taeyeon: *Excited* “Where?!”

Jessica: “There!” *Pointing towards Taeyeon’s cheek*

Taeyeon: “Aniya.. Stop messing around!” *Pouts*

Jessica: *Laughs* *Puts her palm out* “Give me your hand*

Taeyeon: “Wae..?” *Awkward but gave her hand to Jessica*

 

4)

Taeyeon: “SIca ah! Do you know what we can do to shake off all these stresses we have for exams?”

Jessica: “Hmm.. Does Taengoo likes thrills?”

Taeyeon: “Hmm, acceptable?”

Jessica: “What about theme parks?”

Taeyeon: “Oh? I thought you dislike coaster rides?”

Jessica: “Ani..” *Quite confident*

Taeyeon: “Shall we ask Yuri along?”

Jessica: “Sure!”

 

~At the theme park~

*Bell rings*

*RING!*

*Coaster took off*

Taeyeon: *Keeps her smile on*

 

~At the high speed turns~

Taeyeon: *Covered her face with her hands* [Wahhaha.. This ride is too thrilling!] Taeyeon thought

Jessica: *Suddenly shouts* “TAENGOO~ Sarang Hae!!”

Taeyeon: *Surprised and partially screaming* “Sica ah! Why did you say that?!”

Jessica: *Did not reply Taeyeon* [Taengoo ah, though I’m scared to death.. I did not even do this with Jaejoong oppa, but with you next to me right now, I’m not afraid!] Jessica thought to herself

 

-End of Jessica’s Vivid Images-

 

Jessica: *Sighed* “This is the 5th year without you around.. Though a year ago you came to visit me.. I couldn’t even tell you how I feel but to give you this..” *Jessica continues to look at the ring on her finger.*

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Author's Note(s)**

 

Hi Again! Thank you for supporting the past 5 chapters! Here is another long one for you! =) It took me a while to put them in sequence!

Well, It was a last minute thing to add in Jessica's birthday scenario as I was thinking to keep it more direct. However, the calendar

told me that it's Jessica's birthday tomorrow! & it just happens that I could fit this scenario in! Well, I hope you all enjoyed it! =)

Once again thank you for reading and thanks for the comments! =)