Entry VI

]4[/Th\]U[ "In The Case of Tomo Kawakami"

What seemed like forever...

        It was almost day break. my sister had just got home from work, I asked her the usual "How was your day" Phrase and went on with the rest of the evening
Ignoring everything around me. Time moved slowly for me and what seemed like forever Was just only a day. Though today was the day... "The Big Day," I still wallowed in thought, did I really have to meet him, did I really have to care. When it came down to her boyfriend soon to be Husband I could care less. I guess it was a bad idea to act like a complete to him.... Remembering it like it was yesterday, the very first day my sister ever raised a hand towards me. Now I realized I deserved it, I should have never said what I said...I'm sorry Tomoko...
She whispered in my ear that night.
"You Will always be my little brother and nothing will ever take me away from you, I'm still here ain't I? And my fiancée knows that. So I'm sorry for hitting you... But you shouldn't have acted the way you did. I know how you must feel, but I won't leave you like father did, Ok."
        "Your still calling him father?"
"What!?"
---------"Wake up Tomo, we're here."
          I woke up to Kinoko's voice, was I dreaming? Rubbing my eyes I unbuckled my seat belt, turning to check on Tohno. Who was luckily still asleep. It seemed she was going to need a lot of rest to recover from What started with a simple cut.
Kinoko lit another cigarette still sitting in the drivers seat.
       
"so who's calling who father?"
Taken aback I responded in a clam voice.
        "Oh, That.... Well it's nothing."
"you know you talk in your sleep."
          "What!? No I don't."
"Whatever."

        Letting out a puff of smoke she unfastened her seat belt. I began coughing from the lack of openings within the car's construct. Giving her an evil glare she rolled her eyes.
     
        "You know those things can kill you."
"Shut up, and get out of the car."
-------------Tohno's Room
      I began dozing off again, while I sat next to Tohno. She was lying sound asleep on her cutesy pink decorated bed.
It's been almost two hours since we got here. Kinoko was down stairs making tea for the both of us. I hadn't the slightest clue what to do, let alone I was left alone with a girl in her very room. Unfortunately I was threaten not to try anything funny of corse I would never in my right mind do anything stupid beyond my mental capacity, My sister taught me better.  Trying not to breath hard I gently placed my hand on her forehead, she was rather warm and slight perspiration began dripping down it.
      I fixated my gaze on her closely, the only time I looked this deeply at her was the second time we spoke. It was a awhile ago,but as long as this day had been it felt like forever.(Very typical of me to say really) What really caught my eye was the surprising maturity in her face, something I hadn't noticed before. It was... Well it was beautiful. I sighed and leaned back into the chair. Why was I thinking these thoughts, deep down inside I felt disgusted with myself. Why, Why! On earth had I gotten myself into this mess. Complaining isn't going to do me any good is it? All I have to do is see what this path has in store for me.
        The stairs outside the open door started creaking awkwardly. It was Kinoko with a tray of refreshments, she was struggling on her way up. The thought of helping her crossed my mind, but my body refused to do so. Chuckleing greatly I stared at her successful attemp up the wooden stairs.

"You know you could have helped me!" she hissed
        "It was very entertaining. I shrugged still seated
"Your lucky I don't kick your boy, so how is she doing nothing different?"

        she sat down on a stool placing the tray on a small coffee table beside me.

      "She just started sweating alittle more though,other then that nothing."
"That's fine, her body just trying to cool itself down, So I take it you didn't try anything now did you?"

      A sly look pierced my face... Really did I want to try anything especially with this Psycho nurse peering deep into my soul, I don't care what relationship my sister had with this woman. I just wanted nothing to do with her, sadly I think that will never be the case. I gulped and spoke

      " Of corse I didn't..... why would I."
"Oh that's a shame."
          "What!?" shocked I almost fell out of the chair
"it's just, maybe a kiss from her prince charming will wake her up from her deep deep slumber."

      She clasped both her hands together twittering her eyelashes pretending to muster up a false reality.  I almost gagged from the slightest thought of such a place.

        "it's not like she is in a Coma or anything!"
"Ya well whatever, stop being a buzz kill you always ruin all the fun, not like your sister though, god that girl knows how to party
        "You probably would have wanted her here more then me,Huh?
"Stop being so Dramatic."

      I stood up averting my eyes to the hallway. Kinoko was taking a sip of her tea.I could deal with kissy kissy jokes, but just the smallest mention of my sister always seemed to put me on edge. I made my way towards the door.

      "Where do you think your going?" Kinoko stopped me, she was still sipping tea.
        "I need some air." I began walking again.

      I could hear her mutter something as I moved down the stairs. It was more said out loud because it was heard rather clearly.

"Still just a child..."

----------Outside on the Porch

    The air was thick, unlike most afternoons. School just got out and the chatter of busybody students was heard off in the distance. I stood idle next to a swing bench, that was shaded with a striped cloth cover. None were hardly seen in my area, I assumed Kinoko may have imported it from somewhere. It was far too delicate for someone of my size to sit on, walking towards the railing i closed my eyes sighing loudly.

"You Seem Bored?"
     
    A voice out of no where rang in my ears. I opened my shut eyes and a fit thuggish looking fellow Stood at the end of the walk way leading up to the porch. I took in his appearance, this teenager wore the same uniform as my school. Unlike most of the other male students this particular one had ripped pants and a worn out shirt. For a delinquent looking Individual, he wasn't half bad in ual appeal. I responded trying not to sound threaten by his superior charisma.

      "No just needed some freash air. And you are?"
"Oh I Apologize, I didn't mean to bother you, I noticed you were just standing here, so I thought I'd say "Yo."
      "And you have, so what are you still doing here?"
"The names Otaki Kazumayo, You?"

    I hadn't realized he was right in front of me, his right hand was extended for a thankful introduction. This Guy had no idea of what the hell personal space was. My nerves were about to burst, he had completely ignored my irritated response.

"So what is, Your Name?"

    I didn't want to speak at all to him, but I wasn't that cold of a person. Taking his hand in mine I spoke my name clearly so he wouldn't have to ask for it again...

    "I'm Tomo Kawakami..."
"Oh your the one who recently came back to school, so how was your vacation?"
      "Vacation?"
"How was the time away from School!"

    His voice rose sounding like I really didn't understand what he meant. I was just trying to ignore half of what he said. None was successful. He talked for quite awhile before giving me even a one chance to say anything.

"So you live by yourself, That's really awesome man, you throw any house parties?"
      "Unfortunately  no, I like to keep things to myself."
"I could tell, heh well anyways I gotta go, don't wanna be late for work."
      "You work? Where."
"Secret, can't be telling just anyone where I work. It's only part time, but don't want the kids at school saying anything."
    "We all have are secrets, maybe we should talk again sometime?"

    What did i just say!? I couldn't believe me ears, I was just going along, now I have to actually make a date with this fool...it wasn't all that bad either, he isn't such a bother once you start getting into a subject to talk about. He seemed easygoing really I mean we spoke for about an hour right now. Maybe just this once I should stop alienating myself from people just this once I should stop feeling sorry for myself and speak to someone else for once.

      Otaki kazumayo, I guess we will meet again. He goes to the same school as me so I'll probably just see him around campus. We departed from each other, I went back inside To check in on Tohno. She was still sound asleep, Kinoko was sipping away at the other glass of tea which was intended for me. She didn't even lift her head when she spoke. She didn't have too either, Kinoko had so much superiority it was me who had to give my attention.

"You cooled off yet." annoyance filled the air.
      "I'm sorry Kinoko."
"What, an apology how unusual for you Tomo."
      "Don't get used to it to okay."

      With my implied effort I began to get irrated even more then before because of her repulsive response.

"Watch yourself Boy!"

    I stood silent, trying very hard not to snap. It was either sarcasm or she was really ticked with my attitude. I dare not talk back to her again, for I have no idea what would happen to me and I wasn't looking to find out.

"Sadly I have bad news for you, as much as you like being cooped up in your apartment. Unfortantly you have no income, which means no income no cooping. So starting today, you will be a resident of my hubble house."
      "What!? How's that even... I can't possibly stay with you, isn't it illegal taking in students!"

    She folded her legs and took a good long look at me.

"You really do look like your sister, well as you can see with your sister's passing I was personaly appointed her"Will", an in that Will I was designated your Legal guardian until someone from your family claims you. No one has claimed you since, so there for you Will be staying with me."
      "What if I refuse?"
"Well then I'll drag you by your Hair."
      "I'll pack my things tonight then..."

    With haste in my voice I rushed out the door not trying to show any Terror on my face.  I made it to my apartment in only an hour. Huffing and wheezing i leaned against the door. Sliding down to my knees I took a deep breath. Water flooded my confused frustrated eyes. They we're glossy in the light, I'd tried to hide it as best I could, but my some passerby stopped and asked if I was alright. In fact as I lifted my head, the one person I would have never expected stood before me.

My day just keeps getting worse...
please just...    end.