Entry I

]4[/Th\]U[ "In The Case of Tomo Kawakami"

- July 4th

            It all started out normal, breakfast, lunch, and then dinner. Just like any ordinary day. Well that was until my sister came pounding on my bedroom door. It was very unlike her and I couldn't understand what changed her mood so drastically. I stumbled out of my desk chair making my way to open the door. If I had two sense of what was happening I would have avoided the door colliding with my face. Intense pain rushed over my redden forehead. I yelled asking why she was in such a rush of course she ignored me.
      Her face was wearing a meek but pissed expression. She  motioned me to take a seat beside her. As clam as she was  I was downright terrified, what had I done what didn't I do. A faint chill rusted my bones as my mind wondered. My sister took a deep breath exhaling slowly, it put me on edge, like waiting for those damn test results. She finally opened .

" My dear dear brother, do you know what today is."

      I replied with a guess even though I had no idea what the significants of today was.

" We'll little brother it seems you have forgotten the importance of today, haven't you?Thats so like you Tomo."

      Laughing ,she reached into her pocket and pulled out a small note. Her gaze stood on it for only a second right before she nudged it towards me.  What is this I asked, no reply. Eyeing the small yellow piece of paper I suddenly cringed. How could I forget, well maybe because half the time I began to stop caring.

"Get dress and help me put the stuff in the car"
   
      my sister ordered me, she was leaving on a not so common trip, she was moving to seoul with her fiancee. I could understand why she would be so angry with me. Today was her last day and I shrugged it off like it was any other day. How stupid of me, I cursed under my breath. Not really knowing it, but she was the only sibling I had. We were inseparable always looking out for one another.
      It was getting late and we were already done packing her luggage into the car. It was only minutes before she left. She was overly worried because I was going to be living here on my own. I assured her I would be fine, but she forced a smile and I could see the strain of keeping her tears in. Our parents died along time ago and it has just been the two of us ever since. Mom would have been proud of her. Tomoko was a successful business owner, I of course had no idea what she owned, but can't complain it paid the bills. We made small talk to the car and eventually she left . I couldn't help but force the tears back. It was a trait we shared with our mother. We were always too afraid to show sadness. Hard as nails my mother use to always say. Talk about one of the most stubborn person in the world.
          I stood there taking in the midnight air. Pulling the yellow note from my pocket I reread what it said " Never let the past keep you from achieving your future." It was a saying our mother use to always say to encourage us to keep moving forward. Tomoko could never find strength in those words, so mom wrote them down on a piece of paper.

" Keep close what helps you prevail."

    I spoke.  Putting the small phrase into my past I walked inside making my way upstairs. I was alone, but what really scared me...Was the fact that my life would change here on out.

-Three months later- October 4th

        " Yes this is Tomo, may I ask who's calling?"
"I am truly sorry to say.... But I'm afraid your sister has been in an accident . "
          "Is she alright..."
"........I'm terribly sorry... She didn't make it, she was badly injured from the car collision. I'm sorry I had a very hard time getting ahold of you."
        "When did this happen!"
"Today..."

    I collapsed to the floor, nothing but pain swelled in my chest. Tears fell, flowing from the constraint of holding them back all these years. The lady was calling my name on the phone, but I gently pressed end...

Day of the Funeral- October 15th

        The rain drizzled down as I stood there in silence. I was the only one there , along with the Pastor... The words he spoke fell on def ear. Alone was all  that occupied my thoughts.
It turned out, my sister was on her way back here to visit her lonely brother. Funny how she never phoned in to let me know, I guess she just wanted to surprise me. In a sense it was really my fault. How could I be so useless. Why couldn't I just go see her. Better me gone then my dear sister. What do I have to offer... I was the failure...why couldn't mom give me the same praise as she did her. " Your always wasting your time with those stupid books, why don't you go try and write one for a change!" my mother always looked down on me, maybe because she blames me for dad walking out on us, but I guess none of it matters now there all dead...
          Returning home I made my way back up stairs. Shoving my body under my blankets I gently closed my eyes...

Days go by, without a word- October 29th

            My body ached ,my lips parched,my stomach tight. It's been weeks since I went to school and ate decently. For some odd reason today felt different of all days. Nothing had changed in this endless cycle of pain. So what felt off about today? My phone began whaling from down stairs. Any sane person would have realized it wasn't loud what so ever. My Body struggled to get up and in attempt to go answer the phone I failed to do so. Oh they will call back if it was important, I thought. Then within a second notice there was a knock on the front door. My head began to pound uneasily.

"I'm coming I'm coming,"

      I said severely irritated.  It was a parole officer. He was only here for a few minutes, just to tell my I must return to school , by tomorrow or I will be taken in by force. I was not so eager to return to that horrid place, but rules were rules, at least I had one more day of doing nothing.

School's Front Gate- October 30th

        Who would have thought a couple of weeks would have made someone shy to the world. I tried to ignore most of the people around  me as I walked to the main building. -Sakaiyoa High- was a decent japanese high school. Nothing really bad with it, more rather nothing other then the students that made it a savage place. It took me two years to come to that conclusion, knowing this is my last year here makes me more anxious to get away from this prison.  My thoughts were soon interrupted by a fellow female student, of corse I had know idea who the hell she was and wasn't willing to find out.
       
"Excuse me?"

      I increased my speed trying not to look like I heard.

"Excuse me? Senpai! "

    I stopped in my tracks sadly the word was out of respect, but I greatly hated the term.

"Senpai... Your Kawakami Tomo correct?"

    That word again! I nodded but not fully turned Still facing towards the main building. I was itching to make a run for it.

"I heard what happened... I'm sorry."

      What did she say!?I really didn't need this. Ignoring her I began to walk forward . "Wait!" She grabbed my wrist pulling my back a little. "Stop pitying  me!" I pulled away continuing to walk forward.