Jinyoung

Together Again

As you walked down the street, you went over the things that you needed to buy.

You had just gotten off work and decided to go to the grocery store. You had just been paid your weekly salary and there were a few things that you needed. Fresh vegetables, more hair conditioner, and some cat food. You had recently acquired a kitten and it ate. A lot.

The small grocery store that you went to was relatively slow and quiet. Only a few other customers were shopping at the same times as you. You greeted the old woman at the cash register before heading to the items you needed. The items were easy to grab and soon you were paying for them. Another few minutes and you were leaving the store and on your way home.

The plastic bag was only slightly heavy as you carried it with one hand. The thought crossed your mind to stop by a nearby cafe and grab something to drink real quick. With a shake of your head, you decided that you wouldn’t. You needed to get home and get ready to go out. But as you walked by the small cafe, the strong smell of coffee really pulled at you. A few feet after passing it, you changed your mind.

You turned around to go back to the cafe but immediately froze in your spot when you saw him.

Jinyoung gave you a charming smile as he walked up to you.

“Did you miss me?”

You choked back a small sob before closing the distance between you and wrapping your arms around him. Jinyoung chuckled a hugged you back with one arm, resting his head against yours. You didn’t realize how much you had missed Jinyoung until he showed up. Jinyoung whispered soothing words into your ear and waited patiently.

Eventually, you let go and pulled away from him. Jinyoung gently took your bag from your hand then handed you something. You were surprised when he gave you the bouquet of pink lilies. He smiled at you and grabbed your free hand. Your face flushed a deep red when he placed a kiss to the back of your hand.

Nothing else seemed to matter as you and Jinyoung walked hand in hand, heading home.