The Fishy and the Banana Milk Lover

Ahhh... Remember those times at school?

As told before, Donghae and Taemin had met on the latter’s first day of school. Despite being in different grades, the two got along well. They would meet next to the swings everyday at recess and lunch. At recess they would sit on the bench in front of the school gates and chat. Taemin would often be sipping on his daily bottle of banana milk, while listening to Donghae tell his stories. Donghae’s stories were always very exaggerated. When telling them, he would always be waving his arms around and jumping up and down. On the other hand, Taemin was much calmer. He was a great listener, nodding and laughing at all the right times. He loved Donghae’s stories, especially when they were about fish fighting each other with swords, which was a lot.

At lunch, the two boys often embarked on adventures. One day they were spies on a mission, next they were monkeys searching for bananas. They even got into trouble once for sniffing a teacher’s shoe.

Donghae was a role model to Taemin. Whether it was listening to his over-exaggerated stories or following his commands during their adventures, Taemin would always look at Donghae with an expression of admiration. Donghae was a great hyung too. He would cheer his dongsaeng up whenever he was sad and protect him from bullies. He also taught Taemin the ways of SM Academy. As a result, Taemin had a much better understanding of the school than his classmates. He knew the best hiding spots, the characters of most of the teachers and how to get better grades in class.

However, Donghae had a flaw. It was his attention span. He would pick up something and become obsessed with it for a day or two, and on the next day become obsessed with something else. In the library, he would pick up a book, read the first two pages, and start to read another book. This flaw annoyed quite a few of Donghae’s teachers and some of his classmates.

It was a Monday morning. There was a bit of rain. Nonetheless, Taemin skipped over to the swings, clutching his banana milk, eager to see his friend.  

“But I’m Mr Simple, Simple” Taemin sang to himself. He had heard the song on the radio that morning and it had been stuck in his head ever since.

Suddeny, Taemin stopped dead in his tracks and frowned. There was someone there at the their usual spot, talking to Donghae. This was unusual because Donghae usually sat alone on the swings.

The person next to Donghae had short-cropped hair and was wearing an oversized hoodie. Looking closer, Taemin noticed that it was Amber, a girl from his class.

“Hae Hae!!” squealed Taemin as he ran towards the two, waving joyfully at the elder.

Much to Taemin’s surprise, Donghae glanced at him and started walking away, dragging Amber with him.

“Hyung, where are you going?” asked Taemin as he tried to catch up with Donghae.

“Um…I-I’m going to help Amber with her music homework.” Replied Donghae with a weird voice.

“But I didn’t say anything about-” Amber was cut off by a glare from Donghae. He then grabbed her hand and walked off, leaving Taemin in the middle of the playground, all alone.

A lump started to form in Taemin’s throat. Tears stung his eyes. A single tear rolled down his cheek. Rejected, he trudged to a nearby bench and slumped down.

What did I do? What happened? Questions were circulating in his head. The more he thought about it, the more he wanted to cry.

“What’s wrong?” Taemin looked up, it was Key, a boy in his class. Key was very diva-ish and often acted like a spoiled brat during class. However, he was also known for his protectiveness towards his friends.

“D-Donghae hyung d-ditched-“ stammered Taemin as he tried to hold back tears.

Key raised his hand. There was a faint smile on his lips, as if he knew something.

“Say no more. Follow me.” Commanded the diva.

Soon, they reached a tree where two boys were sitting underneath it. One had brown curly hair like a poodle while the other had orangey blond hair. Taemin recognized them, as they were in his class too.

“Boys, I present to you a new member, Taemin. Donghae ditched him this morning.” Announced Key.

The two boys stood up and bowed.

“Annyeonghaseyo! We’re DBDG. The ‘Ditched By Donghae Group’!”

“You shall now start calling me umma. I will protect you from Donghae. Minho and Jonghyun are now your brothers.” Said Key.

“Thank you, umma.” Whispered Taemin as he engulfed Key into a huge hug. 


So this was how SHINee was formed :D They were all ditched by Donghae as kids!!

Heehee.... please don't be offended about Donghae. I'm an E.L.F myself and absolutely adore him! 

Wow....it's been a while since I've updated right? Now that I am on holidays, hopefully I can update much, much more often! Please enjoy my second comeback piece :D 

A little advertising: ELFs, please check out my other fanfic "100% Super Junior"! Of course, everyone else too! :) Thank you for your support!