Best Friends

Ahhh... Remember those times at school?

Tiffany was Taeyeon’s best friend. Taeyeon was Tiffany’s. They were both in K2, their second year in SM Academy. The two of them loved wearing floral print dresses. Due to this, their classmates called them “the flower girls”.

Taeyeon and Tiffany were inseparable. They would accompany each other everywhere, even to the same cubicle in the restroom. They shared everything, from secrets to stationery to lunch.

This pair of best friends met on their second week of school in their first year.

FLASHBACK

It was a typical Wednesday. During lunch break, Tiffany was playing tag with two boys in her class, Onew and Changmin. She was “it” and was chasing the boys in the playground. Her small beady eyes were focused on Changmin, who was a few meters ahead. Suddenly, she tripped on a twig that was lying on the floor. Her right knee started bleeding.

“CHANGMIN-AH!!!!!” screamed Tiffany. Tears streamed down her face as the pain intensified. However, Changmin had already raced ahead, and was nowhere to be seen.

Kids started to gather around Tiffany. They had heard her screams, and were curious about what had happened. Some boys even started laughing at her, calling her names like “crybaby” and “weak”.

Meanwhile, Taeyeon was sitting on a bench nearby reading one of her favourite Disney stories. She was currently in her own imaginary world, being Cinderella. One moment she was being bossed around by her cruel, cruel stepmother and stepsisters. In the next she was in Prince Charming’s arms dancing the night away, admired by all. Suddenly, she heard a scream. Could it be her stepsister? Another scream soon followed. Snapping back into reality, Taeyeon realised that it was not one of Cinderella’s stepsisters, but one of her classmates.

Rushing over, Taeyeon spotted the crowd near the slides. She pushed through it, and hurried over to Tiffany. As she squatted down next to the injured girl, she glared at the boys that were laughing. The crowd immediately backed off.

“Are you okay Tiffany? What happened?” Taeyeon bent over to inspect the wound on Tiffany’s knee.

“I w-was playing t-tag and I t-tripped. I-It hurts.” sobbed Tiffany.

As Taeyeon’s mother was a nurse, Taeyeon had some very basic first aid knowledge. She got out a tissue from her pocket and instructed the younger to put pressure on the wound. Next, she helped Tiffany up and told her to lean onto her. The little girls half-limped across the field to the nurse’s room in the staff center.  

After bringing Tiffany to the nurse, Taeyeon did not leave. Instead, she stayed strong by her classmate’s side. She read to the younger in a soothing voice as they waited for the nurse. She let the younger hold onto her hand as the nurse put antiseptic on the wound. She wiped away the younger’s tears as the antiseptic stung her raw flesh.

Tiffany was extremely touched by Taeyeon’s actions. No one had ever done something like that for her before.

“Thank you Taeyeonnie,” she whispered.

END OF FLASHBACK

Taeyeon and Tiffany made a great team. Taeyeon was like a mother to Tiffany. She took care of her bestie and made sure she had what she needed. Whenever the boys teased Tiffany, Taeyeon would always glare at them and threaten them. Do not worry; the threats were not very serious. Instead of “Go find a hole and die alone”, it was more like “I’m going to tell the teacher”. There was this boy in their class called Jaejoong. Jaejoong had a bit of a thing for Tiffany. He would always follow her around. Once, he went a bit hyper and pulled Tiffany’s skirt up from behind. As a result, he received a Chinese burn from Taeyeon. Jaejoong never dared to look at Tiffany again.

On the other hand, Tiffany was like a supplier to Taeyeon. She had the biggest stationery set in the class. Taeyeon was the only one who could use its contents. There were colour pencils, markers, glitter glue and much more. That’s why whenever a guest had a look at the class’s artwork on the wall, Taeyeon and Tiffany’s were the first ones that caught his or her eye. In addition, Tiffany was also a tutor to Taeyeon in English. As she was born in the states and had lived there for a few years, she was the best at English in her class. Whenever Taeyeon had trouble with her English homework, Tiffany would always explain everything slowly to the elder, making sure she understood all of it.


Back with another update!!!! How was it??? Hope you enjoyed it :D Comment please!!!!