Ice-Cream

Ahhh... Remember those times at school?

 

Ice-Cream Friday was a concept that was recently introduced in the cafeteria of SM Academy. Friday was a special day to many students, especially the little ones, as it was the only day that the school cafeteria sold ice-cream.

Ice-cream was Park Jungsoo’s favourite food of all time. You could tell him to eat 5 scoops per day for a whole week and he would never ever get tired of it. Little Jungsoo had a special nickname- Leeteuk. Leeteuk was the word for special.

It was period 4 for the Kindergarteners. (Yes, even the Kindergarteners had a timetable in SM Academy. However, they stayed in same room for every subject. It was the teachers who had the privilege of walking from room to room.) Leeteuk was currently in English class. He kept turning his head to look at the clock, anticipating the minutes till lunch. Time was passing by very slowly. Leeteuk fidgeted with his pencil as the teacher tried to teach the class the names of different animals.

Usually, Leeteuk loved English class. He was always attentive, and participated a lot in class discussions. Spelling was his favourite part of the lesson. This was because he was very good at it and often got 100% for the weekly spelling tests.

Today, however, was a different story. Leeteuk sighed as the teacher droned on and on about cats and dogs. He simply could not concentrate; ice-cream was the only thing on his mind.

10…9…8…7, Leeteuk had turned his head once again to look at the time. Noticing that it was finally almost lunch, he began to countdown the seconds. As he reached zero, the bell rung as expected. The little boy leaped out of his chair, grabbed his friend Ryeowook’s hand, and rushed out the door.

“Hyung, where are we going?” panted Ryeowook, as Leeteuk dragged him across the hallway and down the stairs at an amazingly fast speed.

The elder did not answer. He was too focused on the cafeteria door, which was just a few metres ahead.

Leeteuk pouted as he stepped into the cafeteria and looked over at the ice-cream bar. Although he had gotten out of class as soon as possible, a large queue had already started to form. Leeteuk quickly joined the queue. He stared at the wide array of ice-cream flavours before him. His mouth began to water. There were strawberry, vanilla, chocolate, mixed berries, green tea, mango, banana split, pistachio and lastly cookies and cream. There was also a huge selection of toppings. Leeteuk already knew what he wanted. After all, he had been having the same thing for the last three weeks. It was cookies and cream, topped up with marshmallows and gummy bears, and finished with a touch of strawberry sauce.

After a lot of impatience and foot tapping, it was finally Leeteuk’s turn.

“Back again! You sure support the ice-cream bar a lot, little one!” smiled the lady who was in charge of the bar. Automatically knowing what Leeteuk wanted, she immediately reached for a cup without asking him.

Leeteuk his lips as the lady handed over his ice-cream. He walked over excitedly to his table, where his group was waiting. The table was practically full, with the number of people sitting around it. There was Ryeowook, Yunho, Sungmin, Sunny, Hyoyeon, Onew and Victoria.

“There you are!” exclaimed Ryeowook. He had left the cafeteria soon after Leeteuk joined the queue.

Leeteuk sat down in the seat that Ryeowook had saved for him and instantaneously started to shove ice-cream into his mouth. He was clearly in heaven. He sighed in happiness as the sweetness hit his mouth, satisfying that crave he had been having for the last hour or so. Next to him sat Onew, who was presently shoving chicken into his mouth. Both boys were totally oblivious to their surroundings.

Suddenly, Leeteuk felt someone tap his shoulder. Turning around, his wide grin was instantly replaced with terror. Leeteuk found himself staring at the school bully, Shindong. The rest of the group had also stopped their activities and were staring at Shindong with faces of horror. Sunny reached for Sungmin’s hand and grasped it tightly.

Shindong was feared by everyone across Kindergarten. He was known for his violence and for stealing other people’s food and money.

Shivering, Leeteuk attempted to hide his ice-cream by tilting his head and moving his shoulder.

Shindong, however, had already spotted the ice-cream. He grabbed Leeteuk and shoved him, causing the elder to stumble off his chair. He snatched the cup from the table eagerly while his lips. Leeteuk tried to fight back by gripping onto Shindong’s leg, making him unable to move. Seeing this, the bully bent down and seized hold of his shirt collar, choking him slightly.

“How brave of you to fight back. Sorry to disappoint you but it will never work. This ice-cream is now mine!” Shindong hissed. He gave Leeteuk one last shove and stalked off, pinching the 10-dollar note from Yunho’s pocket on his way.

Leeteuk burst into tears.

“My ice-cream!!!!!” he sobbed, feeling more hurt by his loss rather than the way he was treated.

Yunho knelt beside him and lightly patted his back. He was crying too. This was because the 10-dollar note that Shindong had earlier taken was something he had saved for a whole month, from endless nights of washing the dishes.

The rest of the group crowded around the two and started comforting them. Suddenly, they were interrupted by a scream and a thud. This soon followed by laughter.

The noises were from Shindong. Two boys, who had both dressed up in superhero costumes, had attacked him. They had pounced on him and were currently tickling him with feathers. The bully was squirming around on the cafeteria floor, begging for the dual to stop.

“We will not stop unless you return the money to that boy and buy another ice-cream for the other boy.” Demanded one of them, while pointing to Leeteuk and Yunho.

Shindong soon surrendered, unable to take anymore tickling. His hands were tied back by one of the boys as they lead him to the ice-cream bar. After a while, the three approached the group’s table.

“Here is your stupid ice-cream.” Growled Shindong as he slammed the cup against the table.

“And here’s your stupid money.” He then shoved the money into Yunho’s hand.

After completing all his promises, Shindong turned and made a run for the exit. Everyone in the cafeteria started to cheer. Leeteuk stood up, wanting to thank the two boys. However, the two had already dashed out of the cafeteria door and were nowhere to be seen.



 

Finally back with an update! Who do you think the two boys are? Tell me your guess in the comment section below. They shall be revealed soon! Also tell me what you thought about Leeteuk and his love for ice-cream. Comment/ Subscribe please!!!!! 

This story was inspired by this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtVxCZFVTFo (credits to owner). Leeteuk looked so cute eating that thing that looked like an ice-cream! :D So did Kyu, Hae and Hyuk, who were kinda staring at the thing enviously :p Of course, the story was partially inspired by the song "Ice-Cream" by Joo and Leeteuk too!!! 

I am currently working on a little sneak peak of something special. I will upload it soon. Prepare for more ice-cream related things!