Going Back for A Day

As Rare as a Halley's Comet that Goes Away Just as Fast

“And the Han River is really pretty in May,” Hoya began as he walked side by side with Dongwoo.  They were heading back to the park. 

            “You really know a lot, “Dongwoo said amazedly as Hoya described the river in May just after talking about Nangyung Park’s flowers in June. 

            “I’ve been around,” Hoya kicked at a rock on the road.

            “Stop being modest,” Dongwoo nudged Hoya. 

            “I’m not!” Hoya smiled as he nudged Dongwoo back. 

            “Woo!”

            Dongwoo stiffened as he heard a familiar voice.  He looked up to see Sunggyu staring up at him from the park bench. 

            “Baby please come home!  It’s not the same without you.  I’m sorry.  Just please come back to me.”  Sunggyu was holding Dongwoo’s cheeks in his hands and Dongwoo could see Sunggyu’s tears plainly as well as his heartbreaking expression. 

            “How did you find me?” Dongwoo tried to say in a cold tone but it broke at the end as he tried to choke back his own sob. 

            “Sungjong told me that you came here.  Please just,” Sunggyu was holding Dongwoo’s hand but Dongwoo made him let go.

            “Do you really think I’ll follow you like that?  Maybe I’ve already met someone,” Dongwoo turned his head to a confused Hoya.  He would have to explain to the brunette later that he only said it to get Sunggyu off of his tail.  He didn’t know what he and Hoya were exactly.  They would be in the friend state but the way Hoya would always hold his hand wherever they went somewhat blurred the line between friendship and maybe something else.     

            Sunggyu turned to where Dongwoo had looked and his eyes widened in shock and then worry.  He grabbed Dongwoo’s face between his hands again, “Please just come home.  Just today.”  Sunggyu’s voice was desperate and Dongwoo was powerless.  The truth was he still loved Sunggyu.  He had always loved the elder and he always would.  He didn’t want to go back there but at the same time his heart was already going back home with the elder.  Dongwoo turned to stare back at Hoya as Sunggyu pulled him to the car.  Hoya just waved an awkward hand in goodbye. 

 

            Sunggyu turned in his sleep and put an arm out to the spot beside him.  He felt a cold spot where Dongwoo should have been.  He immediately sat up in bed.  The sun was hitting him across the face and the blankets beside him were rumpled.  Dongwoo was gone.  His belongings were still in the room.  He could see Dongwoo’s used washcloth through the bathroom door and his many shirts were still strewn on the floor.  Obviously he had gone through many this morning to decide on which one he should wear.  Sunggyu got up from the bed and quickly put some boxers on as he made his way to the kitchen.  He saw an empty plate with some bread crumbs on the table. 

            “Woo?” Sunggyu yelled.  There was no answer. 

            Without a word he put on the pants that had been discarded last night in the kitchen and a coat over his shirtless body and then left for the bar.