The Truth

As Rare as a Halley's Comet that Goes Away Just as Fast

           

             A week later Dongwoo wasn’t surprised that when he went back to the bench; Hoya was already sitting there, still wearing the same grey hoodie and sweats.  He was swinging his legs on the bench and for the first time Dongwoo could see how transparent the brunette was. 

            He sat down beside Hoya.

            “I’m sorry I never told you. I didn’t want to scare you away.  I’ve been lonely for so long;  I’ve never had any friends.” Hoya turned to him and gently grabbed Dongwoo’s hand in his.

            Dongwoo looked at their hands, “So does that mean you’re…”

            “I died a long time ago in a hit and run accident just a few meters down the road,” Hoya finished, “You’re the first one who could see me.” 

            Dongwoo had thought, even suspected that something was wrong about Hoya.  He even thought that Hoya was maybe a ghost in one of his many theories but it still came as a surprise when Hoya said that. 

            “So you’ve been dead for a long time?  Why don’t you,” Dongwoo felt stupid for saying this, “move on?”

            Hoya turned to him with a genuine smile, “I am leaving actually!  Something about meeting you has enabled me to leave this world.  I think it’s just having a friend.  I never had a friend when I was alive.  I was such a busy body that I never had the time to just enjoy life,” he turned to look Dongwoo directly in the eyes, “I was waiting to see you before I left.” 

            Dongwoo’s mouth was agape.

            “Thank you, Dongwoo,” Hoya grasped Dongwoo’s hand tightly.  Dongwoo felt something being pressed into his hand; he looked down into his palm and saw a key.  When he looked up Hoya was gone. 

 

            Myungsoo walked out of his bedroom and fell over a box on the ground. 

            “What the hell is this?” Myungsoo exclaimed as he opened up the box.  He looked into it and saw that it contained a lot of his things.  His girl group cds, a few of his shirts, a teddy bear he used to sleep with, but had been stolen by Sungjong. 

            “Milky!” Myungsoo exclaimed as he picked up the teddy bear.  All his lost things had been found!  He was happily taking out all of the materials when he realized that these things hadn’t been lost.  They had either been taken by or given to Sungjong.  He looked up and noticed that the house looked cleaner…emptier.  When he stood up he saw a couple more brown boxes scattered in different places around the room.  He walked over to one written ‘clothes’ and opened it up.  He spotted lemon pajama bottoms, a pink hoodie and a few jackets. 

            “Oh god,” Myungsoo murmured as he ran to Sungjong’s room and swung open the door. 

            As soon as he entered the room, he spotted Sungjong bending over to put something into another brown box.  Clothes, accessories, and objects were scattered everywhere around the room. 

            “Are you moving out?” Myungsoo asked with his hand on the door.  Those were the first words he’d spoken to Sungjong in about a week.  Ever since their stupid argument they barely spoke anything to each other.  They would murmur ‘good morning’ if they bumped into each other in the morning, but those times were becoming rare.  Both stayed in their respective bedrooms for the most part and they refused to speak to each other.  Because they were both stubborn as hell.  They’d been living together for about a year already; Myungsoo hadn’t really meant that he wanted to move out. He didn’t think Sungjong had meant it either. 

            “I didn’t want to,” Sungjong said with a hard voice, not bothering to turn around to look at Myungsoo.  He grabbed a hat from one of his drawers and stuffed it into one of the boxes, “But I had a lot of time to think out in the hall.”

            Myungsoo instantly felt his heart clench guiltily as he remembered a few hours earlier.  It had been around 4am when Sungjong knocked on the door.  For the last week Sungjong never went out late like he always did.  Sungjong would always make dinner and sometimes try to coax Myungsoo out of his room. Myungsoo always refused.  But yesterday Sungjong went out to do who knows what and came back at dawn, obviously forgetting his keys.  Myungsoo was pissed that Sungjong went out.  So pissed he refused to open the door for his roommate. 

            Sungjong had stayed out in the hall for 4 hours before the landlord woke up and opened the apartment door for him. 

            “But you couldn’t have found a place to live that fast,” Myungsoo said.  He was gripping the door so tightly that his knuckles were turning white.            

            “I don’t need to.  I’ll just stay with the Donggyu couple and figure out things from there.” 

            “But---“

            “But what?” Sungjong snapped as he turned to Myungsoo.  Myungsoo thought he saw tears in Sungjong’s eyes and without a second thought he was running to embrace the boy, “I’ve tried to patch things up between us all week.  You kept on refusing!”

            “I’m sorry,” Myungsoo murmured, “Don’t leave.” 

            “It’s too late,” Sungjong began, “I don’t know how we thought this could work anyway.”

            In his heart, Myungsoo could only agree, “I know.  It was doomed from the start.” 

            Sungjong looked up at Myungsoo, “We’re so stupid.”

            “If being in love with you is stupid then I guess I’m guilty,” Myungsoo said looking Sungjong in the eyes.

            Sungjong gasped as he heard the words coming out of Myungsoo’s mouth. 

            “This whole stupid roommate friend thing is just wrong.  I mean it’s obvious we like each other.  So why should we remain friends?”

            Sungjong laughed, “Then Kim Myungsoo, will you be my boyfriend?”

            “Only if you promise to move in with me Lee Sungjong,” Myungsoo grinned. 

            “Babo, I’m already your roommate,” Sungjong teased.

            “No.  Move into my room.  You’re already packed,” Myungsoo kicked at a box.  

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Next and Final Chappie will be an EXTREMELY short Donggyu Chappie but you will see what the whole key thing is about!  Anybody have any ideas?

THANKS FOR COMMENTING:

IceBabyBoy <3 Hope there was enough myungjong? Sorry this story didn't have much

dojorockergirl  <3 hope this chapter answered any questions you might have had!

taemir <3 I'm glad you find it interesting!

lovedooseob <3 Yup Hoya is or was a ghost! I hope you enjoyed the update!