Reunion

As Rare as a Halley's Comet that Goes Away Just as Fast

           

           “Gyu!” Dongwoo fell to the bed where Sunggyu was breathing through a ventilator.  Sunggyu grabbed his hand. 

            “Don’t speak,” Dongwoo said as he tried to hold back tears.  He could tell what Sunggyu wanted to say through his eyes.

            Sunggyu nodded as he just stared at Dongwoo.  After a few hard drinks of vodka at the bar, Sunggyu decided to go home.  But he wound pu passing out beside an alley.  Two young gang members decided to mug him and when Sunggyu drunkenly tried to fight back, one of the kids stabbed him.  The stab wound barely missed where his lung was.  It didn't pierce his lung but it was pretty close and still a lethally deep cut. 

            “I shouldn’t have left you,” Dongwoo choked out as he put a light kiss on Sunggyu’s forehead.  Sunggyu was crying but he nodded his head to say it was okay. 

            “I love you, Dinosaur,” Sunggyu said in a breathy tone as he removed his breathing mask. 

            Dongwoo tightened his grip on Sunggyu’s hand, “I love you too, Hamster.”  He laid his head beside Sunggyu’s and started weeping. 

            Not a minute later a doctor was coming into the room.

            “Sorry but we need to ask you to leave.  We’re going to have to operate to stitch up the wound.” 

            Dongwoo was rushed out of the room.  He held hands with Sunggyu until they passed the operation door and then all he could do after that was wait. 

            Dongwoo sat in the waiting room.  Sungjong was sobbing quietly into Myungsoo’s shirt while Myungsoo had a stone cold expression on his face, obviously trying to hold back the flood of tears that were threatening. 

            “Is he alright?” two dark haired boys ran into the room.

            Everyone looked up in surprise.

            “Just because we had some rough patches doesn’t mean that we don’t care,” Sungyeol said as he put a hand on Dongwoo’s shoulder. 

            “Gyu means a lot to us…to all of us,” Woohyun gulped as he sat down beside Myungsoo, the farthest away from Dongwoo. 

            “We used to be really good friends.  Can we just please—“ Woohyun was cut off when Dongwoo came over to him.  Woohyun looked up at Dongwoo and gulped. 

            “I forgive you,” Dongwoo murmured as he pulled Woohyun up to him in a hug.  He didn’t feel insecure anymore.  He knew how Sunggyu felt.  He didn’t feel threatened or mad.  If anything, something like this only made him realize how important friendship was. 

            “We have good news,” the doctor came out from behind the swinging door with a smile on his face, “the operation was a success.” 

          

           “Come on you lazy !” Sungjong came into Myungsoo’s room angrily, “Get up! We need to visit Gyu hyung today!”

            Myungsoo turned around in his bed and pulled up the covers.  He hardly got any sleep yesterday.  He’d been up till three in the morning arguing with Sungjong about the stupidest things.  Sungjong had slipped on one of Myungsoo’s shirts and nagged at Myungsoo to be cleaner.  Myungsoo yelled at Sungjong for coming home late every night and forgetting his keys, making Myungsoo open the door for him.  In the end they both went to their separate rooms with each one threatening to move out the next week. 

            “Stop it!” Myungsoo yelled as Sungjong pushed Myungsoo’s mattress, making the mattress hang half off the box spring. 

            “Fine!  You self-centered jerk!” Sungjong exclaimed angrily, “I’ll leave without you.” 

            There was silence as Sungjong waited for Myungsoo to react but he stayed underneath the covers. 

            “Uuuuuuhhhhhhhh!  I can’t stand you Kim Myungsoo!”  Sungjong slammed the front door as he left for the hospital himself. 

            “Yah! Lee Sungjong!  Did you actually just leave?” Myungsoo got up from underneath his covers.

            Silence.

 

            “Come on hyung, you need to go to the bathroom sometime.  You can trust me with him for a few minutes can’t you?” Woohyun gave Dongwoo a smile. 

            Dongwoo looked at Sunggyu who was sleeping peacefully on the hospital bed.  Luckily Sunggyu was doing well and hopefully he would be released tomorrow from the hospital.  All of his friends were taking turns watching over Sunggyu, aside from Dongwoo who was beside Sunggyu almost every single minute. 

            Dongwoo nodded as he patted Woohyun on the shoulder.  He left the room and stopped by the vending machine to get a snack.  After bending down to pick up his skittles, he saw a shadow on the floor and looked up to see Hoya looking down at him. 

            Dongwoo got a shock and jumped back, “Hoya!  What are you doing here?”

            “I was worried about you.  How is your friend?”

            Dongwoo got up and smiled, “He’s doing well!  He should be going home tomorrow!”

            “I’m really glad for you,” Hoya smiled.  He held out the shirt that Dongwoo gave him the day of the accident.  

            “I told you to keep it,” Dongwoo laughed as he noticed that Hoya was wearing the same hoodie and sweats, “You should wear something new!”

            “Hyung, who are you talking to?”

            Dongwoo turned to see Sungyeol and Sungjong walk up to him.  Sungjong was wearing a coat and his cheeks were slightly red from the wind he just encountered while Sungyeol had two steaming cups of coffee in his hands, one for him and the other for Woohyun.    

            “This is Hoya,” Dongwoo gestured to Hoya but before he could introduce the two, Sungjong asked, “Who is?”

            He was looking right at Hoya but with blank unseeing eyes.

            “What do you mean? He’s right here,” Dongwoo gestured at Hoya but when he met Hoya’s eyes, the boy only smiled at him. 

            “Hyung are you okay?  Maybe you should get more sleep,” Sungjong said worriedly.  He glanced at the spot where Hoya was and put an arm around Dongwoo. 

            “Wait.  What?” Dongwoo turned back to Hoya but the brunette only gave a weak smile. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Did anyone guess correctly???? :D     ...or anyone still confused?? LOL

There's only  two chappies left!  A Myungjong chapter that will include the conclusion of the Yadong story line and then a small final chapter about Donggyu!