Miserable

As Rare as a Halley's Comet that Goes Away Just as Fast

“Do you know how worried Gyu hyung is?” Sungjong scolded Dongwoo as he opened up the door to his little apartment.  Dongwoo hurried into the warm apartment and immediately gave a happy sigh as the warmth immediately relaxed his cold body.

            “I don’t see why he would care,” Dongwoo muttered.

            “Hyung,” Sungjong sat down beside Dongwoo, “Sunggyu hyung wanted to tell you when he stopped, but he was afraid of losing you.  He really does love you!” Sungjong muttered. 

            Dongwoo could feel his heart breaking.  He couldn’t even think about Sunggyu right now He would either break down or destroy things. 

            “Maybe he told you a little too late, but he did tell you,” Sungjong was looking down at his toes.  

            “Sunggyu hyung is on the phone.  He wants to talk to you.  He doesn’t sound good,” Myungsoo came into the room with a phone in his hand. 

            “I don’t want to talk to him!” Dongwoo shouted.  Myungsoo jumped slightly in surprise and quickly went back into the kitchen to finish his call.

            “Hyung, if you both love each other, shouldn’t it be easy?” Sungjong pleaded.    

            Dongwoo turned to the young boy with wide eyes, “Maybe you should take your own advice.”

            Myungsoo came into the room and fell down beside Sungjong who shot a glance at him before glaring at Dongwoo.  Myungsoo who was oblivious to the young boy’s stares turned to Dongwoo.    

            “Sunggyu hyung has literally been calling us all day, saying how miserable he is without you,” Myungsoo said, “Just give him another chance.”

            “We can’t afford our group to break any further,” Sungjong said silently. 

            “I don’t want to hear anything you have to say,” Dongwoo put his hands to his ears and entered the bathroom, “And especially if it involves that Hamster!”      

 

            “Sungjong.  So I was thinking----“ Myungsoo walked out of his room to see an empty living room.  Myungsoo scratched the back of his neck.  It was a habit he had developed when he tried to cover up his nervousness.  He walked over to the couch to check if anyone was sleeping on it.  Dongwoo was gone.  Maybe he did go back home.  But if he didn’t….  Myungsoo shook his head as he tried to get rid of the bad thoughts that were coming into his mind.  Dongwoo just broke up with Sunggyu.  There was no way he would go to Sungjong for comfort would he?   

            Myungsoo slowly walked to Sungjong’s bedroom and slowly opened the door.  But there was no one there.  Now Myungsoo was really confused. 

            “Sungjong?” Myungsoo shouted.  He was about to call out again when his phone rang. 

            “Myungie.  I need you.”

            “What?” Myungsoo’s eyes widened. 

            “I need you now.  Really bad!  Please!”

            “What are you talking about?  What do you mean you need me?” 

          “Just come here!  I love you Myungie!  Do you know how much I love you!  I love you so much!  This much!” 

            “Where are you?” Myungsoo asked into the phone.

 

“Oh hey.  You’re here again,” Dongwoo said enthusiastically as he saw Hoya walking aimlessly down the road where he’d met the boy just two days before. 

            Hoya looked up at him and a smile erupted on his face, “You came back!”

            Dongwoo laughed.  That day they saw Halley’s comet, Dongwoo and Hoya stayed on that roof until 3AM before Dongwoo decided to call Sungjong for a place to crash.  After their conversation about comets, both had remained silent again.  Hoya stared at the slow moving comet while Dongwoo froze his off.  Honestly Dongwoo had hoped that Hoya would offer him a place to sleep so he wouldn’t have to ask his friends.  Especially since they aware of his situation with Sunggyu, but it was apparent that Hoya wasn’t going to offer.  So Dongwoo said a quick bye and jetted out of there. 

            “Um I guess I did,” Dongwoo said as he neared Hoya who walked towards him and stopped at the bench.  Dongwoo noticed that Hoya was wearing the same gray hoodie and sweat pants that he’d been wearing two days before.  Maybe Hoya was homeless?

            “I hoped you would come back here again.” Hoya was giddy and Dongwoo smiled at the boy. 

            “Maybe we can go somewhere else today!” Hoya exclaimed excitedly.  With no hesitation he grabbed Dongwoo’s hand and together they walked down the road. 

 

sorry for those of you who aren't myungjong fans but i love the couple so i can't resist adding them here!