One Relationship Ends While Another Begins

As Rare as a Halley's Comet that Goes Away Just as Fast

           “Dongwoo, baby.   Please don’t leave,” Sunggyu pleaded as he grabbed onto Dongwoo’s arm as the blond tried to leave the house. 

            Dongwoo was fuming as he tried to escape Sunggyu’s grip.  He was breathing hard and not looking Sunggyu in the eyes.  He knew if he did he might hit Sunggyu. 

            “Baby.  It was in the past.  Woohyun means nothing to me!  He’s with Sungyeol now!” 

            This made Dongwoo explode and he pushed Sunggyu down onto the floor.  Was he only Sunggyu’s second choice?  Was that why Sunggyu was with him?  Because Woohyun was with Sungyeol now? 

            “Don’t call me,” Dongwoo said through gritted teeth as he slammed the door behind him.  Sunggyu looked at the closed door.  He still couldn’t believe that Dongwoo had left him; the blond boy had taken a part of Sunggyu’s heart with him as well. 

 

            Dongwoo was stoping his foot against the cement sidewalk as hard as he could as he walked aimlessly around town.  He couldn’t even calm himself down, anger was overwhelming him.  He’d been with Sunggyu for 2 years.  After 2 years full of ups and downs, he was done.  When they first went out after Sunggyu and Woohyun broke up, Dongwoo thought that it would only be for a few months because it was obvious Sunggyu was still in love with his ex-boyfriend.  But after a half year of dating, Dongwoo was determined to win over Sunggyu’s heart.  And he thought he succeeded.  After a year of dating they moved in with each other.  By one year and a half they had settled into a “married life” without the actual being married part.  By the second year, he found out that Sunggyu had cheated on him three times with Woohyun during their first year of going out.  Three times!  And Sunggyu kept this from Dongwoo for a whole year!!! Two years if you count the length of time they’d been going out. 

            Dongwoo sat down on a park bench near the side of the road and put his head in his hands, letting tears fall down.  His phone was ringing but he ignored it. 

            He felt somebody sit next to him on the bench and quickly wiped his eyes.  He turned to the person beside him and saw a brown haired boy around his age staring back at him with concerned eyes.  He was wearing a gray hoodie and sweat pants.  It looked like he'd been out for a jog even though he wasn’t sweating or anything.  The boy reached out a hand and patted his back. 

            Dongwoo was a bit surprised that this random stranger would do this but he felt comforted by the pat and whispered, “Thanks. It’s been a crappy day.” 

            The boy’s eyes widened and he took back his hand.  He quickly observed the hand and then looked at Dongwoo, “I…I---I’m sorry.” 

            “It’s okay.  It was nice,” Dongwoo smiled. 

            “I….uh….,” the boy was opening his mouth and closing it so much that Dongwoo was wondering if the boy knew how to speak at all. 

            “I’m Dongwoo,” Dongwoo held out a hand.  The boy stared at it and slowly brought out his hand.  Dongwoo was the first to grab it.

            “Hoya.”