KAI (1)

A Series Of Exotic Events

The noise is deafening, her ears hurt.

Bright lights shine in luminous flashes, startling her.

She runs up to a gap in a circle and pants, out of breath before standing completely still.

All is silent.

Time ticks by and suddenly the place is ablaze with red lights. Sound pours out, rocking the place with its beats.

She smiles as her body jolts.

They start chanting and cheering, and she draws energy from them.

Its exhilarating to be here, on the stage.

•••

'You did well Sunminnie!' my friend Kai said, smiling as he patted my head.

I nodded, 'You did the best, Kai-sunbaenim!' and bowed. Kai laughed. 'Here, drink up, you must be tired.' he said, tossing a bottle to me.

We were all tired. Sweat glistened on the skin of every member who performed for our School Annual Dance Competition.

I collapsed onto a plastic chair and started inhaling the water eagerly, it tasting sweeter than usual.

I looked around for my other friend Chemi as she would usually be near by.

You couldn't miss her because she had a loud yet charming voice and a hairdo that bobbed, vigorously whenever she moved.

"Looking for me?" Chemi's voice rang out behind my ear and she giggled. 

I turned around to face her and her cheeky smile.

" Neh~ When will the results be out? I am really excited." I said, looking at the live transmission screen above us in the dressing room.

She shrugged her shoulders, pouting. " We'll come in first for sure. Hmm, do you wonder if Kai will finally get to debut soon? I mean he's been training in S.M for so long."

I motioned for her to come closer, looking around to see if any of the other dance members were near us. I had reason for them not to hear.

" I don't know, but these days he looks really tired. He even shouted at his best friend Kyungsoo who he never EVER shouts at." I whispered in Chemi's ear.

" Yah, how'd you find that out!" she exclaimed. " Yah, yah shush!!!" I frowned at her and slapped her shoulder.

If our members found out, they'd try to help Kai, and Kai was the kind of guy who didn't like to be helped. He always looked out for others but when it came to himself he was ridiculously stingy.

" I accidentally saw them. Chemi, you'd better not tell anyone or else we're all going to make him feel bad. You know he doesn't like to be helped." I warned, looking her in the eye. 

She gulped. 

" Who doesn't like to be helped? Who are you talking about?" Kai asked, coming to face me.

Holy mother of cow.

Oh no what do i do? I just pray he didn't hear me...

" Ahaha, its my uncle, samchoon, he has to run er, a ramen store and we were debating wether to help him." I lied, smiling.

Chemi nodded violently next to me, smiling widely at him. Kai narrowed his eyes.

Take the lie, take it and eat it and believe it. Please please pleaaase!

" We should go and help him then! Anyway i've got an off day tomorrow from training." Kai grinned, his eyes curving into cresents.

O shoot. " A-ah, Kai sunbae!" I said, " Later, i gotta go off to talk to Lu Han~" he said, before straightening his lanky frame and walking off.

Chemi stared at me blankly, her eyes wide as saucers.

What have i gotten myself into? I groaned inwardly.

 

A/N

Yay! The first chapter is up! More will be revealed in the next chapter so stay tuned~

And, i have got exams this and next week, so i will update like a snail for now kekeke ^-^

PPYONG!