Chapter 25: The Unexpected Meeting

The Maiden's Locket
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     The bell rang, signalling the end of lesson and the beginning of lunch. Eun Na quickly, but gently, packed all her things back in her canvas backpack, shoving her sketch pad and other art supplies inside. It seemed like her lesson had magically extended today; they felt longer than usual, but she was not complaining. For some reason, she was glad that her lesson felt longer, it distracted her from further thinking of what had happened earlier. Until now, be careful, okay? His words still continuously played inside her head, like a broken record. He had always told her to be careful, but why did it suddenly feel like there was something behind his words this time?
    Glancing at her watch, she mentally scolded herself upon seeing the time ticking away. If she doesn't hurry up, she would be late. The lass bid goodbye to her Art teacher before walking out of the room. As soon as she closed the door behind her, she was greeted by L, making her slightly flinch back in surprise. He was leaning against the wall, his hands shoved inside his pockets and his head was hung low, staring down at his own feet. A smile curled up to her lips, knowing he had been waiting for her.
    Upon feeling her presence, L looked up wearing his poker face. "Took you long enough." He said, straightening up from his position.
    The girl sheepishly scratched her head. "Sorry." She mumbled, giving the tall male an apologetic smile. L shrugged his shoulders and nudged his head to the side, indicating her to lead the way towards the cafeteria. The girl obliged and took the first steps, and L followed closely behind. It wasn't long until the said male was able to catch up with her slow pace, and they both walked side by side.
    Eun Na stole a quick glance at L, only to find him looking down at her with an expressionless face. He blinked once, so did she. He blinked twice, so did she. They both blinked at each other before the girl finally snapped out. Flustered, she immediately looked away, her face threatening to blush crimson red. A smirk curled up in L's lips while he crossed his arms behind his head and darted his attention forward. They walked along the corridor quietly. The boy was looking up ahead, ignoring the girls who were trying to get his attention by calling his name in a flirtatious way, or waving at him. At the same time, the girl tried her best to avoid any unnecessary contact with his 'fangirls', keeping a safe distance between her and L. The murderous and heart-piercing glares she was receiving was enough to make her shiver, but she chose to ignore it. It was not like it hasn't happened to her before.
    The lass let out a small, inaudible sigh and slumped her shoulders down. In a matter of seconds, all hell would break loose. A volcano was ought to erupt and as honestly as she could admit, she dreaded the forthcoming. Yet, there was a small hope sparkling brightly inside her, reassuring her pretty little head that nothing will happen. That everything will be under control and there will be a fire extinguisher ready once the fire starts.
    Focused on her own thoughts, the girl failed to notice the quick pace of the football heading towards her direction. A hand circled around her slender waist and the next thing she knew, she was yanked to the side, trapped between the wall and someone's chest. A loud bang was heard on the other side of the corridor, surprising most of the students lounging, but Eun Na took the moment to glance at the saviour. L.
    L gave the fellow college student a dark glare, earning a continuous bow from him. He averted his gaze away from the culprit and glanced down at Eun Na. "Are you spacing out or something?" His voice must have brought the girl to her senses as she blinked repeatedly, snapping her out of over daze once again. He looked at her with eyebrows furrowed and lips formed into a thin line, but his eyes were full of worry.
    Realising she still ought to give him an answer, she tried to collect herself together. "I... I-I'm sorry..." she stammered, finding it hard to focus knowing that his arm were still securely wrapped around her waist, keeping her body close to his. Heat crawled up to her face, and her cheeks begun to blush rosy pink noticing how close their body were pressed against each other. She could practically feel his warm and fresh breath on her forehead, and it made her remember the time when his lips accidentally brushed against her forehead when they were attempting to hide from the Trackers. It was an accident that never left her mind ever since.
    L sighed. "Are they even allowed to play football in the corridor?" He asked, glancing at the spot where the ball had clashed. Eun Na followed his gaze, but eventually, her eyes found its way back to his face. L felt her eyes on him so he looked back. Both found themselves absorbed by each other's eyes, determined to keep their gazes still. It was as if time had stopped around them, and there was no one around but the two of them, looking at each other with intensity, taking every possible detail. He travelled his eyes down to her cherry red lips and it was as if a rope was wrapped around his neck, he suddenly found himself slowly leaning down. The girl stiffened in her position, but she did nothing to stop the male and instead, she shut her eyes close.
    KISS. KISS. KISS. Those were the words that spiralled around her head as she felt the male come closer. They were merely an inches apart when suddenly, an interruption arose.
    "BASTARD!!!" A loud voice roared from the end of the corridor, snapping them out of their own world. Students stopped chatting with each other and followed the source of the voice. L awkwardly cleared his throat before unwrapping his arm around Eun Na's waist, and the said girl instantly stepped away from him, her cheeks flushing madly. The fact that he was about to kiss her made her heart flutter crazily against her chest like a million butteflies, but that was least of her concern right now. Taking a moment to calm herself down, she followed the direction everyone was looking at. Her eyes widened upon seeing who it was.
    Eun Na felt her heart drop, her body statued itself to eternity and every limb in her refused to follow her command. She was frozen. The person strode towards their direction with heavy footsteps and fists clenched tightly, making his knuckles turn white. His brown eyes were narrowed into murderous and bone-piercing glare, and an angry aura surrounded his whole being. "Kai..." she finally managed to say his name, after what seemed like a long struggle of finding her own voice. The said male halted to a stop directly in front of them, but his eyes were glued on to L. Before the girl could do anything, the volcano erupted. Kai grabbed L's collar and pushed him against the wall, earning a small wince from the poker-faced male.
    "Kai!" Eun Na gasped and she trie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter