Chapter 16: The Outside

The Maiden's Locket
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     Eun Na found it rather hard to concentrate the whole breakfast. Not after she had witnessed a new different side in L earlier. The fact that the she had managed to make him laugh and smile, due to her clumsiness, was something she could never get over with. Sure, she was aware that L was the kind of person who was not open to other people apart from his brothers, and that he must have laughed and smiled with them on several occasions. The girl had always thought that the said male must have some kind of dislike towards her, and maybe he still does, but now her heart feels a little bit at ease. She was glad she could push that thought away for now.
     She glanced at L, who was busy munching on his toast, and suddenly, a small yet dazzling smile appeared on his face. Instantly, her heart fluttered at the sight. There it was again. That feeling. She does not understand why her heart kept on hammering hard against her chest whenever she was around him lately. The only time that this has happened was when she had first met Kai, but it couldn’t be right? Surely this wasn't the same feeling she had years ago.
    Dongwoo turned to face Eun Na, but as he did, he noticed her hand resting against her chest. He furrowed his eyebrows in worry. "Hey, are you okay?" He asked as he lightly nudged her with his elbow. She looked up at him and gave him a small nod.
    "Y-yeah, I'm fine!" She smiled and Dongwoo smiled back, affectionately ruffling her hair in the process. The lass paused and watched Dongwoo closely. She could not deny the fact that Dongwoo was indeed handsome too, with sharp features and a kind and loving personality, almost those of a brother. Not to mention, he had one of the most beautiful smile she had seen. It was the kind of smile that could brighten up anyone's day, but unfortunately she did not get the same feeling that she got when she saw L's smile. Letting out a small sigh, she looked around the table and examined each and everyone's smile, trying to find the familiar feeling but to no avail. It was not happening.
    She bit her bottom lip and took a deep breath before turning her attention back to L. She furrowed her eyebrows at him as she waited for a smile to appear on his face. L, however, was able to sense someone watching him with intensity. As he slowly shifted his attention to the other side of the table, he was met by her, looking at him with full concentration. He raised his brow while still munching on his toast, both of his hands shoved inside his pockets. Eun Na, not caring about the fact that he was looking back at her, furrowed her eyebrows deeper, if possible, and her lips formed into a thin and straight line. Smile, she thought. Smile, L! Smile!
    L silently chuckled to himself as the girl's thoughts entered his mind. Yet instead of giving her a smile just like she wanted, he smirked rather arrogantly at her. The girl puffed her cheeks at him and looked away, shifting her gaze down at the bowl of cereals in front of her.
    "Why do you look so down, Eun Na?" The girl looked up only to be met by Woohyun’s handsome face. Her eyes widened realising that she and Woohyun were so close that if she leans in a little bit, the tip of their noses would come in contact. The thought immediately made her blush in to a deep shade of crimson red.
    "Hey! Not too close, Woohyun." Dongwoo hissed and pushed Woohyun down on his seat. His eyes pierced at him, but the latter just laughed, causing everyone to look at both Woohyun and Dongwoo with their eyebrows raised. Eun Na looked away, not wanting everyone to see her blushing. L, on the other hand, saw the whole thing. From the beginning to the end. He clenched his fist inside his pocket as something inside him flared up. He really did not like the fact that Woohyun was being so intimate with the girl. Yet, he felt uneasy because he was not sure whether she blushed because she liked his closeness. Why did he care anyway? It was not like he liked the girl or anything. Still, he kept his eyes glued on the girl.
    Eun Na, oblivious to L’s stare, kept herself busy by thinking of any ideas that could make him smile and laugh with her without being uncomfortable. Unfortunately, much to her disappointment, nothing popped up inside her head. She does not even know anything about L apart from being a cold-hearted, distant and emotionless Immortal, who happens to have a soft side within him. How tempted was she to knock down the wall he, himself, had built.
    Suddenly, a different idea popped up inside her head. "Hey guys, what do you think a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter