He hates me.

A collection of Hanchul drabbles!

"Heechul, please, i don't wanna go!"

"Hangeng, you have to! My mom wants to see us!"

"It's not your mother i'm worried about, and you know it!"

Hangeng never wanted to visit Heechul's parents. He hated it, actually. Sure, Heechul's mother Mrs. Kim was a total sweetheart, always greeted Hangeng with a hug, and even called him "son". Sure, she forgot his name sometimes, but she was old. Heechul's father, on the other hand, wasn't so much of a sweetheart.

Mr. Kim hated Hangeng ever since he found out that he was in a relationship with his son.

 

FLASHBACK

 

"Genghan!" Mrs. Kim exclaimed the last time they visited and they walked through the door.

"It's Hangeng, mom!" Heechul laughed, hugging his mother. "It's great to see you!"

"Oh you too, dear!" She said. She released the hug with her son to hug Hangeng.

"Hangong!" she said, pulling Hangeng into a tight hug. "It's great to see you too!"

"Mom, it's HAN-GENG!" Heechul giggled.

"Sorry, honey," she laughed. "I'm not used to Chinese names!"

"It's alright, Mrs. Kim," Hangeng smiled.

"And I just love his adorable accent!" She gushed. "Heechul, he's a keeper!"

"Mom," Heechul blushed.

"I'm baking cookies, and i must check on them!" Mrs. Kim said. "Your father is in the den, go sit with him! He missed you!"

"Yes mom!" Heechul said. His mother kissed him on the cheek and walked into the kitchen.

There was a pause, until Heechul said, "Do you wanna go to the den?"

"Nu-uh," Hangeng shook his head. "Your father HATES me."

"He doesn't hate you!"

"Fine, then he strongly dislikes me!"

"Stop being such a baby, Hannie!" Heechul patted him on the head. "I'll come with you so it's not as awkward."

Hangeng sighed. "Alrite."

Together, they walked into the den.

"Father!" Heechul exclaimed, walking over to his father sitting in a chair by the television.

"Heechul!" Mr. Kim said, giving his son a hug. "It feels like it's been so long!" He looked over to Hangeng. "And you brought... him."

"Hello, Mr. Kim." Hangeng said, trying to be as formal and polite as possible. He bowed.

Mr. KIm ignored him, however.

"Well," he said. "Take a seat, Heechul and some-odd-chinese-name."

"Father," Heechul said with clenched teeth. "His name is Hangeng."

"Whatever," he said. "Well, sit. How are things?"

They sat. "Things are great, father!"

"What have you been up to?" Mr.Kim asked.

"Well, nothing really. I live with Hangeng now, and that's about it."

"Ah," Mr. Kim said. "Speaking of that, you remember my friend Park Suhan right?"

"Yes," Heechul nodded, confused. "What about him?"

"His daughter is looking for a husband, and i told him you were looking for a wife."

Heechul face turned from confused to angry. He knew exactly what his father was trying to do.

"Father," he said angrily. "I'm already in a relationship. With Hangeng." Heechul took Hangeng's hand in his and held it up for his father to see. "See?"

Hangeng was silent. Mostly because he was too embarassed.

Mr. Kim sighed. "You're not in a relationship with HIM," he said, emphasising HIM like it was the name of a disease.

"Who are you to know?" Heechul yelled. "I am in love with him!"

"Don't ever say that in my house again!" Mr. Kim yelled, pointing a finger at his son.

"Why can't you just let me be happy, father?" Heechul pleaded.

"You'll be happier with a wife."

Heechul stood up. "That's it!" he yelled. "Hangeng, we're leaving!" Heechul grabbed Hangeng's hand once again and led him to the door.

Heechul left his parent's home with a booming door slam.

Mrs. Kim, hearing this, ran into the den.

"What happened?" she asked, oven mitts still on her hands. "I just finished the cookies!"

"They left," Mr. Kim said to his wife.

"Were you being rude again?" Mrs. Kim said, putting her hands on her hips. "Why can't you just accept Hongong?"

"I'm sure that's not his name," Mr. Kim said. "And how CAN you accept him?"

"Because he makes Heechul happy, dear." With that, she walked into the kitchen.

Mr. Kim thought about this. He thought about the way his son looked at the Chinese man. How he... loved him. How they held hands leaving...

Maybe he was to harsh on this Hangeng fellow.

 

 

"I seriously don't wanna go in," Hangeng said outside the Kim's front door. "I can just wait in the car and you can visit your parents. I'm obviously not wanted here," he said, pointing at the house.

"Hannie," Heechul said. "You will come in. We can't let my father win." With that, Heechul knocked on the door.

They were greeted by Mrs. Kim, as expected.

"Heechul dear!" she said, smiling. She hugged Heechul.

"And Han-hon-hang-" she struggled with Hangeng's name. "I'm sorry, dear," she said apoligetically to Hangeng. "What's your name again?"

"It's fine, Mrs. Kim," Hangeng laughed. "It's Hangeng."

"That's right! I knew it!" She pulled Hangeng for a warm, welcoming hug.

Yet when they walked through the door, they found something unexpected.

Heechul's father ws there to greet them.

Hangeng felt his stomach drop. What could he be doing there? Was he there to kill him?

"Hello Heechul," he said. He then looked to Hangeng. "And you, Hangeng."

Hangeng bowed. "Hello, Mr. Kim."

"Hangeng, i'd like to..." Mr. Kim swallowed. "Apologize."

"What?" Hangeng asked.

"I'm sorry for the way i've treated you. You obviously make Heechul happy." He looked over to his son, giving off a bright smile. "Can you forgive me for the way i've acted?"

"Yes, Sir!" Hangeng smiled. "Of course!"

Mr. Kim held out his hand for a hand shake, and Hangeng gladly accepted it.

"Now, why don't you two sit down," Mr. Kim smiled. "Dinner is almost ready."