Fire

A collection of Hanchul drabbles!

After a long and tiring day of work, all Hangeng wanted to do was take a nap on the couch.

But, living with Heechul, relaxing was never possible.

Driving through the neighborhood back home was weird. He kept seeing some sort of fog, even though on the weather it was supposed to be a sunny day. But, he didn't think anything of it. Weather people make mistakes too.

Yet, as he neared the house, this "fog" got thicker. And as he pulled into the driveway, he realized that this was not a simple fog.

It was smoke.

He ran out of the car, slamming the door behind him and ran inside, ignoring his instinct to stay away from the smoky house.

All he thought was, Is Heechul in there?

When he entered the house, he covered his mouth with the sleeve of his jacket not to inhale the smoke, and he tried to find his way to the room Heechul probably started the fire in.

The kitchen.

As expected, there he was, trying hopelessly to put out the fire on the stove.

"Get out of here, are you crazy?!" Hangeng yelled. Heechul turned around.

"Im sorry!" he said. "I tried to put it out, but it just-"

"Just get out of here!" he grabbed Heechul's wrist and pulled him towards the door. Once they were outside, Hangeng called the fire department.

Once he was off the phone, and they were outside by the sidewalk, Heechul pulled him into a tight hug.

"Im sorry," he said in his shoulder.

"I don't care about that," Hangeng almost laughed. "The house could've burned down and I wouldn't have cared! I'm just glad you're okay."

The firemen came quickly, and the fire was contained even quicker. The house wasn't damaged much, only the part of the house that contained the kitchen burned a descent amount.

After the firemen left, Hangeng suggested they go to a hotel until they get the house fixed.

"Alright, and... thank you again," Heechul said. "If you hadn't have come home, I surely would've died."

"And if you died, I would die," Hangeng said.

Heechul smiled. He was so lucky.