16.2 - Visions

Second Chance

Chapter 16.2 - Visions


“Aish, where is that girl? She calls me out here and tells me to hurry yet she’s not even here.”


Taeyeon is standing in front of the ice cream parlor waiting for Yoona to arrive.


She checked the clock hanging on the wall inside the ice cream parlor.


It was way past their agreed upon meeting time and Taeyeon was aggravated. She has always been a punctual person. There was never a time when she was late for any meeting. It really bugs her when people arrive late. The agreed upon time was chosen to suit both parties’ convenience, so why still come late?


She really hates that. It’s one of her biggest pet peeves ever.


Wait a second, I have a pet peeve? Since when?


That was a very unusual thought for her. Now that she thought about it, ever since she arrived here on Earth, random facts about herself started popping up; things like being able to cook, being anti-social, having a motor mouth, sleepwalking, and now having a pet peeve.


Was that the me from the past? 


I thought my memories have already been erased? 


Wait, maybe it isn’t even me. 


Or is it?


Ugh! This is giving me a headache! 


She massaged her temple with her fingers.


Aish, why am I even thinking about this? I’m supposed to be worrying about other things for now. And where the heck is Yoona?


Taeyeon pursed her lips in annoyance. “Aish, where is she?”


“Pssst!”


Taeyeon’s ears perked up. “What the—”


She looked behind her thinking the sound came from there, but there was nobody there except for a green trash bin. She turned back around.


“Pssst! Taeng!”


She jumped from fright.


What the…


“Over here!”


She followed the inaudible voice down the sidewalk, which eventually led her in front of a thick brush. She stared at it hard wondering if this was where the sound came from.


She bent over and began inspecting the brush.


“Yoona…?”


Out of nowhere, a head popped out of it. Taeyeon squealed in fright, causing her to stumble backwards and land on her bottom.


Yoona smiled dorkily at her, who in turn glared at her for scaring her.


“Sorry about that, Taeng.”


“Aish! Yoona! What the heck are you doing behind a brush?” She pushed herself up from the ground and dusted off her pants.


“Duh! I’m hiding of course!”


“Why are you hiding—”


Before she could finish her question, Yoona grabbed her by arm and pulled her in with her behind the thick green brush. Yoona quickly covered to stop her from releasing her ahjumma scream.


Taeyeon thrashed and squirmed trying to get away from Yoona’s tight grip, but Yoona just pushed her down on her back and signaled her to be quiet. Taeyeon rolled her eyes.


“Hmnnmm!” She mumbled into the tall girl’s palm.


Yoona signaled her again to be quiet. “Sshh! Be quiet or they’ll hear us!” She hissed in a low whisper.


Taeyeon stopped struggling. Instead she bit Yoona’s hand, causing Yoona to wince in pain and in turn release her grip on Taeyeon’s mouth.


Taeyeon inhaled a huge breath and began choking.


“Yah! Why’d you bite me?!” Yoona hit the choking girl on the shoulder.


Taeyeon smacked her hand away. “If I didn’t, I would have suffocated to death!” She retorted back as she continued gasping for air.


“Ok, shush! They’re coming out!”


Yoona kneeled and peeked through the brush.


Taeyeon stopped talking and followed Yoona’s gaze that was focused on the ice cream parlor’s front door.


The door opened, revealing a handsome tall young man. Right behind him was a girl. Taeyeon’s eyes widened when she recognized who it was.


“S-Seohyun—”


Yoona covered with her hands again. “I told you to be quiet!”


“Hmnpphmnn!”


“Ok, come on, Taeng, they’re leaving!”


Yoona grabbed her forearm and dragged her towards the bike rack. She pulled the bike out of the rack and hopped on it in one swift motion.


Taeyeon eyed the bike warily.


“Taeng, what are you waiting for? Hop on!”


“I’m  not sure about this…”


“Oh come on! Don’t tell me you’ve never ridden a bike before?”


Taeyeon shook her head embarrassedly. Yup, she’s never ridden a bike before. At least in this life she hasn’t.


Yoona gave her a look of disbelief. “You serious?”


“Yes I am. What of it?”


“Aish, I don’t have time for this, just hop on behind me and hold on tight. That’s all you have to do.”


“But—”


Yoona didn’t let her finish. She grabbed her arm and forced her to climb on the bike.


Taeyeon climbed on reluctantly.


“Ok, now put your arms around my waist.”


Taeyeon did as she was told. But her arm hung loosely around her waist.


Yoona turned around her gave her a look. “I’m telling you, if you don’t hold on to my waist tightly, I guarantee you'll definitely  fall off.”


But Taeyeon refused to listen.


“Suit yourself.” She said shrugging and turning back around.


With that, Yoona pedaled as fast as she could to catch up with the car Seohyun was in. Taeyeon squealed like a pig when she almost fell off the bike. She instantly tightened her hold around Yoona’s waist, clinging on it with her dear life.


Yoona glanced over her shoulder and smirked. “Told ya so!”


Taeyeon glared at her.


Throughout the ride, Taeyeon had her whole body pressed against Yoona’s and her arm securely encircled around her waist.


After awhile of riding, Taeyeon began wondering about Yoona’s motives for following Seohyun and that man.


“Yah, Yoona, you never told me, but why we're following them?”


“Don’t you know who Seohyun’s with?”


“No. Am I suppose to?”


“Yes. He’s from our school. Don’t you know Lee Joon?”


Now that Taeyeon thought about it, he did look quite familiar.


“Lee Joon is a troublemaker. Knowing him, he’s probably up to no good. I don’t trust him with Seohyun. He might get her into trouble.” She said worriedly.


Taeyeon was quite surprised by Yoona’s protectiveness over Seohyun. Sure they were friends, they hung out, but never has she seen Yoona show any signs of concern over Seohyun. On the contrary, Seohyun was the one who mostly showed intimacy and any sorts of feelings between the two. Yoona’s mostly withdrawn and less inclined in showing concern towards others, so this definitely threw her off the loop.


Could it be?


She decided to test the waters.


“Yoona, do you like Seohyun?”


Yoona almost lost balance on the bike, causing the vehicle to swerve to the side.


“What!?” She exclaimed loudly as she looked over her shoulder with a surprised expression on her face as if she’d been caught red handed.


Taeyeon smirked. “So you do like her!”


Yoona blushed. “N-no I don’t.” She turned back around and placed her focus on the road. “I’m just worried about her…” She muttered under her breath.


Taeyeon couldn’t help but grin. Yoona reminded her of her when she was still in denial of her feelings for Jessica. But she knew better now.


Yoona helped her with Jessica, now it’s time for her to return the favor.


“Aw, come on, admit it. You like her don’t you?”


“I do not…”


“You know, you sound a lot like me right now.”


“W-what are you talking about?”


“You being in denial of your feelings, that’s what. So this is how I sounded like to you in the past. Hmm…interesting…”


“Yah, who said I was in denial?”


“Ah ha! So you admit you like her!”


Yoona cursed under her breath. She’s been caught. Darn it! There’s no point in lying anymore…


“Fine, maybe I do l-l-liiiike her…” She finally admitted, her ears heating up as she said those words. She’s not one to admit her feelings so easily. “Aish, but don’t tell her, ok?”


Taeyeon smiled. “Don’t worry, I won’t. I’m not going to ruin your confession for you.” She said patting her shoulder reassuringly. “So, when are you planning to confess?”


“Um, not anytime soon.”


“Why?”


“Because…I’m not ready. Plus, I’m not even sure if she likes me like that, you know?”


Taeyeon snorted.


Pabo…she does have feelings for you. You’re just too slow to notice it.


“I have a good feeling she likes you too.” Taeyeon hinted.


“I don’t think she does.” Yoona replied back glumly.


“Yes, she does.”


“No, she doesn’t.”


“Yes, she does.”


Yoona was getting irritated. “No, she doesn’t.”


“Yes, she does.” Taeyeon continued to tease.


“No, she doesn’t.”


“Yes, she does.”


Yoona finally lost her patience. She turned back around and glared at her. “How many times do I have to tell you that she doesn’t—”


“Yoona, watch out!”


Yoona briskly spun around. Her eyes widened when she saw a car driving straight at them. On instinct, she quickly maneuvered the bike handle, circumventing the car and taking a sharp turn to the right to avoid collision.


The abrupt turn, however, was too much for the bike to handle. She lost control and it sent both Taeyeon and her flying off the vehicle and on to the asphalt ground.


Yoona landed on her side, her left arm breaking the fall.


Unfortunately for Taeyeon, she landed on her back. A loud thud echoed as Taeyeon’s head hit the ground first.


Taeyeon grimaced in pain. Her face scrunched up as she felt a sharp twinge shoot through the back of her head. It was throbbing. Her head felt like it was splitting in half.


For some reason she could feel a warm liquid spreading throughout the back of her neck. She wanted to reach up to her head to inspect what it was, but she couldn’t move her arms. She was paralyzed.


It wasn’t helping that her vision was quite blurry either.


The only thing working properly is her sense of hearing. She could hear frenzied shouting left and right of her and the screeching of a car's tires.


Soon she could feel feet scurrying towards her.


A blotched of faces came into her field of vision.


For a quick second her vision became clear, allowing her to catch a glimpse of Yoona’s fear stricken face as well as Seohyun’s frantic expression.


Then it was gone. Everything became fuzzy again.


“Oh my gosh, she’s bleeding!” She heard Seohyun’s distressed voice echo through her ears, followed by soft whimpers.


A figure kneeled beside her. The figure placed her hands over her shoulder and her arm. From the petite fingers, she could tell it was a woman. She just couldn’t tell if it was Yoona or Seohyun.


“Don’t worry, Taeyeon, help is on the way!” The figure reassured her.


Everything around her dissolved.


A vision flashed through her mind.


--OOO--


Everything around her was upside down.


It was hot and the space she was in was small and constrained, like she was stuck in some kind of box, or a vehicle?


There was a thick liquid dripping slowly down the side of her face. She couldn’t tell what it was. It was too dark.


Her eyes darted around her surrounding; thick fumes of exhausts and orange blazes surrounded her. The abhorrent smell lingering in the air clogged her nose and her lungs. It was making it difficult for her to breathe. The extreme heat was suffocating her as well.


She moved her head slightly to side, but just slightly because it was how much space was available. 


Someone was beside her. She couldn’t see who it was for their face was covered with long dark locks of hair.


Suddenly, the person beside her was being pulled and dragged away from the place she was stuck in. 


She couldn’t see who it was pulling the person beside her. Everything was covered with thick black smoke.


She was all alone now.


She turned her head forward again.


Not too far from where she was she could see another person running around.


Who was that?


A shadow loomed over her. A figure appeared in her line of eye sight.


She turned her face to the side and was startled to see a figure kneeling beside her. The person’s face was too blurry. She couldn’t tell who it was.


“Don’t worry miss, help is on the way!” The person yelled above the noise.


--OOO--


And just like that the image faded and she found herself back to reality.


Yoona’s face, along with new faces reappeared before her.


“One, two, three, lift!”


She felt herself rising from the ground and gently placed down on something soft.


Straps followed and were securely placed over her body. Before long she was being lifted up and loaded inside a vehicle.


Ambulance?


Yoona and Seohyun both hopped in to the vehicle along with two other men wearing navy blue shirts.


Everything became distorted again.


“Is she going to be alright?” She heard Yoona ask, her voice trembled as she spoke.


“Don’t worry, ma’am, she’s going to be just fine.” One of the men reassured her.


Her vision slowly evaporated again.


Another image flickered through her mind.


--OOO--


Faces hovered above her, but none of them were looking at her. 


She was lying on some sort of contraption with wheels. She could feel the bumps on the ground shake the contraption as she is wheeled into a building.


As she entered the foyer, bright lights burst out of nowhere and she was quickly consumed by it. The lights overwhelmed her so she had to shut he eyes for a couple of seconds to adjust her vision.


She felt the contraption come to a halt.


Puzzled, she peeked through her eyelids and discovered that no one was hovering around her anymore.


She could faintly hear people yelling and screaming over each other. Well, she couldn’t really hear if they were indeed yelling, but the exaggeration of their moving mouths suggested so.


People in white surrounded her. She could tell they were nurses.


Out of nowhere, a guy in a white cloak appeared before her. He took out something from his pocket and flashed it in front of her face, shifting it from one eye to the other.


She turned her head side to side, trying to avoid the bright light.


It was blinding.


She tried to shut her eyes, but the man forced it open with his fingers.


After a while, the light vanished. 


Fuzzy images replaced it.


A woman, also clad in a white cloak, appeared to her other side, opposite of the man with the light.


The two started arguing, but she couldn’t really see their faces. 


Arms flailed in the air and shouting ensued.


She only heard a part of the argument.


“I have to do it!” She faintly heard in the background.


“No! Don’t do it!” Another voice countered.


When the woman looked down, their eyes met for a quick second. Before she had a chance to really look at the woman, the latter had already turned away from her.


Her vision grew blurrier by the minute.


She blinked a couple of times hoping it’ll get clearer, but it didn’t. Instead it got worse.


Soon, the figures became blobs and the noise ceased.


Before she knew it, everything was absorbed by the darkness.


--OOO--


Her eyes slowly fluttered open.


A vast ray of bright white light welcomes her, blinding her for a moment. She looked around her surrounding, and although everything was fuzzy, she could tell that she was in a white room.


“She’s awake!”


She blinked her eyes a couple more times until the faces floating above her became clear.


“Seohyun?” She mumbled groggily.


The girl flashed a bittersweet smile through her tears.


“Yes! It’s me unnie! It’s me Seohyun!”


She rolled her head to the other side of the bed. Yoona stood there with tears welled up in her eyes as well.


“Yoona?” She croaked out.


The girl nodded up and down gladly.


“Taeng!” She leaned forward and engulfed her in an embrace. “I’m sorry!” She cried in her shoulder, damping her gown in the process.


“It’s alright, Yoona. I’m fine.” She said reassuringly. She placed a hand on the girl’s back and rubbed it soothingly with her palm.


Yoona pulled away and wiped her tears with the back of her hand.


“I’m sorry, Taeng. I shouldn’t have turned around. I should have kept my focus on the road. I’m really sorry.” She uttered again guiltily as she dropped her head down.


Taeyeon reached out for the girl’s hand and held it in hers.


Yoona looked up and met her gaze.


“I’m fine, really.” She gave her a comforting smile.


“But…”


She flashed her a stern look. “Yoona, I’m fine. Don’t beat yourself up for it, alright?”


Yoona’s lips quivered. A tear slid down her face. Although she still felt responsible for her friend’s accident, she nodded anyway. She didn’t want to worsen her condition by arguing with her.


Taeyeon smiled.


“Taeyeon!” A familiar voice echoed throughout the room.


All heads turned to the voice.


“Sooyeon?” She said weakly taking note of the brunette’s tear stained cheeks.


Jessica dashed towards her and wrapped her arms around her neck. She buried her face in the crook of her neck and began sobbing.


Yoona and Seohyun gave each other a knowing look. They both made their way towards the door, giving Jessica and Taeyeon some privacy.


Yoona shut the door close behind her.


The two settled on the seats just outside the room.


Seohyun turned to her and gave her a questioning look. “Yah, Yoona. What were you and Taeyeon unnie doing in the same road I was in?”


Yoona scratched the back of her neck. “We were just, um, we were…”


Seohyun gave her a stern look.


Yoona tried to look away, but Seohyun’s glare made it difficult to do so. She sighed in defeat. “Ok, fine. We were following you and Joon.”


“Why?”


“I don’t know. Because we felt like it?”


Yoona looked away and avoided Seohyun’s gaze.


“Yoona…” Seohyun uttered exasperatedly.


“Ok, fine. I was worried, ok? I know Joon, you know Joon, the whole school knows how he is. That guy has trouble written all over him. I don’t know what you two were up to, but I don’t trust that guy. Especially with you. I know he’ll get you into trouble. I just know it. And what happens if he hurts you and I’m not there? What are you going to do? I just wanted to make sure nothing happened to you. I don’t want you hurt…” She looked down sadly at her hands. “You can’t be hurt. You’re an important person to me…” She admitted unconsciously.


Seohyun was taken aback. “W-what?” She asked surprised.


Yoon’s eyes widened when she realized what she just said. She a mentally face-palmed herself.


“I-I mean I don’t like people who are important to me getting hurt.” She stuttered nervously. “You know, like CL, Eunjung, Hyuna, Jessica and Taeyeon. You know, important friends.” She said, putting an emphasis on the word ‘friends.’


Seohyun sighed.


“And look where that got you.” She shook her head disappointedly.


Yoona felt guilty again. “I’m sorry.”


Seohyun softened. She knew it wasn’t the time to be blaming people. Yoona didn’t mean to cause the accident. She’s as traumatize as everyone else is.


She sighed. “It’s alright, Yoona. I know you didn’t meant any of it to happen. Come here.” She pulled Yoona in for a hug.


“I’m sorry.” Yoona muttered through her shirt.


“Shh…it’s ok.” She patted her back comfortingly.


------


“Is she going to be alright, doctor?” Jessica asked the man in the lab coat.


“Yes. She’ll be fine. She just has a slight concussion, but nothing to worry over. We’ve also stitched up the small cut on the back of her head. It’ll take about four to five days for it to heal, so please restrain from moving too much. And please make sure to come by the hospital in five days to get the stitches removed. Other than that, she can be released as early as this evening.” The doctor smiled.


“Thank you doctor.” Jessica bowed politely.


The doctor excused himself and left the four girls alone in the room.


“Unnies, we’re going to head home now. It’s getting late.” Seohyun pointed out.


“I’m sorry again, Taeyeon.” Yoona lowered her head in guilt.


“Hey, I said don’t worry about it.”


Yoona looked up and nodded shyly.


“Be careful on the way home. See you guys.” Taeyeon waved goodbye.


“Bye girls.” Jessica bid her farewell as well.


The couple watched as the two made their way out of the room.


As soon the door was shut, Jessica turned around and faced Taeyeon. She caressed the back of her hand tenderly.


Taeyeon smiled. “Hey, don’t look so glum. It doesn’t suit your ice princess image.” She joked.


Jessica cracked a smile.


“There you go.” Taeyeon smiled heartily at the sight of Jessica’s smiling face.


“Come here.” She cooed as she tugged on Jessica’s hand.


Jessica complied and climbed on the bed next to her.


Taeyeon scooted over to the side and made room for her to lie on.


Jessica gently laid her head on Taeyeon’s chest, draping her arm over her slim waist.


Taeyeon placed her arm around her shoulders and pulled her close to her body.


Jessica snuggled up comfortably under her chin.


The couple laid there in silence.


A couple of minutes later, an audible sigh cut through the silence.


“What’s wrong?” Taeyeon asked as she starts playing with her brown locks.


“I was really scared when I received that phone call earlier.” She started out. “I-I really thought something terrible happened to you. I was really worried.” She admitted sadly.


Taeyeon stopped playing with her hair and gave her a gentle squeeze. “Hey, I told you I’m fine, right? Well, aside from the slight throbbing in my head, I feel perfectly fine. Plus, the doctor said I could go home this evening. There’s nothing to worry about.”


“I know that. It’s just…” She bit her bottom lip. She still felt uneasy about the whole thing.


Taeyeon glanced down at her face, taking in her lover’s worried expression. She wondered why she was so bothered by the accident. To her it wasn’t that big of a deal. She just fell off a bike. Plus, it’s not like she acquired any serious injuries either, it was just a small cut.


But then she realized something.


This wasn’t the first time Jessica had dealt with something like this.


She remembered Jessica mentioning her ex-fiancé going through a similar ordeal like this, except that didn’t turn up so well.


She frowned.


Now she understands why Jessica was overwrought about the whole incident. This sudden incident must have brought back some unpleasant memories from the past.


She rubbed Jessica's arm tenderly.


“Sooyeon-ah...are you...worried because this reminded you of Donghae’s accident?” She asked carefully.


Jessica was surprised by the abrupt question. She sat up from the bed, accidentally hitting Taeyeon’s chin in the process.


Taeyeon grunted in pain.


“Omo, I’m sorry.” Jessica apologized sincerely. She felt bad for hurting her when she was already injured in the first place.


She brought her hand up to her chin and gently caressed it with her fingers.


Taeyeon pulled Jessica’s hand away from her face. “I’m fine.” She assured her.


Jessica brought her hand down to her side and looked at Taeyeon.


She sighed.


“Honestly, it did remind me of Donghae’s accident. When Yoona called the house, I felt the same feelings I did a year ago when Heechul called me about Donghae. It was like Déjà vu. I felt like I was relieving the same moment all over again. I was really scared.”


She could feel her eyes welling up with tears.


She looked away.


“When Yoona told me you’ve gotten into an accident, I thought for a moment that the past was repeating itself. I thought about what happened to Donghae. I thought the same thing happened to you. I thought you were seriously injured. I was really terrified. I don’t know what I would have done if something happened to you. I…”


She couldn’t hold it in anymore.


She released her tears and allowed herself to express her emotion, her inner grief and her sadness.


Taeyeon’s heart wrenched painfully at the sight. It broke her heart to see her cry.


She pulled herself up from the bed and scooted close to Jessica. She securely encircled her arms around her petite frame and pulled her close.


Jessica reciprocated immediately, leaning in to the embrace and taking in the warmth and comfort her lover’s arms offered.


“I’m sorry for making you worry.” Taeyeon whispered softly. She kissed the crown of Jessica's head affectionately. “I promise I’ll take better care of myself and not let you worry ever again.” She promised as she rocked their bodies back and forth.


Jessica gently pulled away and gazed lovingly into her eyes.


Taeyeon stared back with equal passion.


Seeing those gentle eyes of hers stare back her with so much love, Jessica’s heart swelled with joy. 


With her eyes still locked on her lover's own, she leaned in and kissed her passionately.


Taeyeon held her face with her hand and kissed her back tenderly.


The kiss ended swiftly and the couple pulled away slowly from each other other’s lips.


Jessica could still feel the warmth of Taeyeon's lips linger on her.


The two stared in each other’s eyes with open affection.


As Taeyeon gazed into Jessica’s brown orbs, she brought her hand up to her lover’s face and brushed a strand of brown lock dangling at the side of her face and tucked it behind her ear.


She then proceeded to wipe away the lingering tears off Jessica’s cheeks with her thumb very gingerly.


After her face was cleared from tears, Taeyeon ardently caressed Jessica's flushed cheek with the back of her hand.


“Beautiful.” She smiled endearingly.


Jessica blushed at the compliment.


She reached out and pinched Taeyeon’s cheek. “Cute.” She retorted as she smiled back earnestly.


Taeyeon pouted.


Jessica giggled at her girlfriend’s adorable expression.


Soon, Taeyeon broke out into a fit of laughter.


The two continued with their playful antics throughout the rest of the night until it was time for them to head home. 



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey everyone, sorry this update took so long. I kind of procrastinated -__- sorry...I hope this chapter wasn't too boring. Anyway, tell me what you think of the chapter. What do you think those visions mean? Btw, I'm not sure if you guys have noticed, but throughout the story I've revealed some facts about Taeyeon. They were very subtle, but they're there. They mean something...

As usual, comments are very much appreciated! Thank you for reading and commenting! =]