Don't say goodbye

Second Chance

Chapter 15 - Don't say goodbye


A vast ray of sunlight woke her up from her deep slumber. The curtain was left open last night.


D*mn it. She cursed to herself.


With her eyes still closed, her hand began scavenging for any pillows near her. Her whole arm swiped the whole right side of the bed before she finally found one. She grabbed it with her fingers and pulled it over her head to shelter her from the sunlight. And that’s when she realized something amiss.


My whole right side is empty…


She snatched the pillow off her head and propped herself on her elbows. She stared wide eyed at the empty spot next to her. She looked to her left and found it empty as well.


She’s not here.


Her eyes scanned the entire room.


There was no one there.


As she continued to scan the rest of the room her gaze caught something familiar. Her eyes landed on the articles of clothing that was neatly folded on the arm chair at the corner of the room. It was Taeyeon’s uniform from last night.


If her uniform was here, then where was she?


Then something struck her. The most frightening thought came to her mind and suddenly she felt sick. An uneasy feeling surged through her stomach as she came to realize what was happening.


No!


Her pulse began racing anxiously. She quickly kicked the covers off her legs and scrambled off the bed.


She dashed into the first room she saw on her way out; Taeyeon’s room. She burst through the door only to find it completely empty.


She ran out of that room and entered the next room she saw; the bathroom.


It was empty as well. It didn’t seem like anyone used it at all either. But then why would Taeyeon need to use the bathroom? She’s a spirit. She never used the bathroom.


Why the hell am I thinking about this!? 


She shook those nonsensical thoughts away. It wasn’t the right time to be wondering about that.


She scurried over to the living room, then the dining room and then the kitchen. Every single room was empty. They were completely void of any soul.


She searched the whole condo for any sight of the girl, but she was nowhere to be found.


She sluggishly dragged herself back to the living room. As she did, questions raided her mind like a gun fire.


Did she leave?


Did they find out already?


Did they take her away?


Is she gone forever?


What happens to me now?


Her mind was going haywire. Thoughts and thoughts ran through her head like a marathon. It was too much for her. Her energy was slowly being drained away. She felt like collapsing.


She managed to reach the couch before she completely broke down.


Tears streamed down her face as reality slowly dawned to her.


She didn’t want to accept it. She can’t accept it. Well, how can she?


Last night her lover confessed her love for her. They were happy. She was happy. For the first time in her life since her previous’ lover’s passing, she found love and happiness. Taeyeon filled the voids she’s been missing and longing for a long time now. She was feeling content, but then they suddenly take her away. Now who in the right mind would easily accept that?


Although she knew her lover was going to leave eventually, she didn’t think she’d actually disappear the next day. She couldn’t even enjoy her lover’s company. She didn’t even have any time to form any new memories with her. Everything was so absurd, so sudden. It wasn’t fair. Everything was unfair. Why was she being treated this way?


Her silent cries soon turned into loud sobs. She buried her face in her palms and wept.


She couldn’t hold it in anymore. She wept and wept, her sobs becoming louder and her breathing becoming deeper with every cry.


She was completely devastated. Her heart wrenched painfully inside her chest as she wept.


“S-Sooyeon?”


Jessica abruptly stopped crying.


That voice…


She could recognize it anywhere.


She lifted her head up from her palms and slowly turned to where the voice came from. Her eyes widened when she saw the very person she has been searching for all morning standing there holding two plastic bags in both hands.


“T-Taeyeon?” Jessica asked in bewilderment.


Seeing the girl’s drenched face, Taeyeon’sheart dropped. “Oh my God, you’re crying.”


Taeyeon dropped the bags of grocery in her hands and rushed over to where Jessica idly sat, still frozen in shock from seeing her.


Taeyeon kneeled in front of Jessica and began wiping the tears trickling down the girl’s cheeks.


“Omo, what happened?”


Taeyeon was really worried. When she departed early in the morning, she left Jessica sleeping peacefully in the bedroom. Coming home to a crying girl wasn’t what she was expecting at all. She was completely baffled by what prompted the girl’s tears.


What is going on?


Instead of responding, Jessica just stared at Taeyeon. She still can’t wrap her fingers at the fact that Taeyeon was still here. She can’t believe it. She thought the girl has been taken away and has left her. She thought she was gone forever, but she wasn’t. She didn’t leave. She’s still here.


Jessica raised her trembling hand towards Taeyeon’s face.


She traced every detail on the blonde’s face just like the way she traced it last night; from her eyes, to her nose, her lips, her brows, everything. Every single feature was perfectly in place, just like the way she remembered it.


Taeyeon silently studied Jessica as the girl grazed her fingers on every outline of her face. She closed her eyes, savoring the soothing feather light touches of Jessica’s fingers. She doesn’t know what she was up to but she’s definitely not complaining.


Although Jessica had already confirmed that the girl kneeling in front of her was really Taeyeon, she still wasn’t satisfied. What if her illusions were playing tricks on her? She needed to confirm it.


Taeyeon’s eyes shot open when Jessica suddenly leaned her head on her chest. She sat there stiff, her arms wide open and dangling awkwardly to her side. She really wasn’t sure how else she should react to Jessica’s odd behavior but sit there and allow the girl to do whatever she pleased. She just shrugged off the questions in her mind and played along with the brunette. She slowly wrapped her arms lightly around the brunette’s frame.


Jessica had her face pressed against Taeyeon’s chest. She wanted to make sure that the person in front of her was the real deal and not just some hallucination her mind has conjured up just to please her.


*Ba-thump, ba-thump!*


There it was! The confirmation she’s been waiting for!


Her heart is beating for me. It really is her.


Her heart fluttered with relief.


Jessica slightly pulled back, her hands still on Taeyeon’s shoulders. She stared momentarily at Taeyeon’s brown orbs.


Taeyeon just studied the girl’s every move, trying to make sense of what she was doing. She was still left clueless though.


“Sooyeon, what’s wrong?” She finally voiced out her concern. She was really worried at the way Jessica has been acting.


Out of nowhere, Jessica burst out into another wave of tears.


Seeing her tears immediately ignited every senses in Taeyeon’s body. Now she’s really worried.


“Sooyeon, what’s wrong—”


Taeyeon was taken aback when Jessica suddenly threw her arms around Taeyeon’s neck and hugged her tightly.


“I-I didn’t see you this morning. I thought they took you away. I really thought you left me. Taeyeon-ah…” She sobbed into the blonde’s shoulder.


Taeyeon immediately softened.


So she was crying because she thought I left her.


Jessica’s shoulder began shaking uncontrollably as her cries became louder.


Taeyeon instinctively tightened her hold around the girl.


“I’m sorry.” She apologized genuinely. She really was. She didn’t intend to make her suffer. “I’m sorry for making you cry. I’m really sorry.”


Taeyeon buried her head in the crooked of Jessica’s neck in shame. She hurt her again. Why must she always hurt her?


Jessica stifled her cries and gently pulled away from the hug. Seeing her girlfriend so defeated made her feel guilty.


She cupped Taeyeon’s face, making the latter lift her head up and meet her gaze.


“It’s ok. Just please don’t do that again ok? You gave me a fright when I saw you gone beside me. Didn’t you promise me you’ll be there when I opened my eyes?”


Taeyeon felt a pan in her chest. Yup, she did promise her that the night before. Guilt consumed her again.


“I’m sorry.” She lowered her head again.


“Pabo, I said it’s ok already. Come on, lift your head up. I want to see your beautiful smile.”


Taeyeon slowly raised her head and gave Jessica a sheepish smile.


Jessica smiled in response. “There you go. You look so much better smiling.”


Taeyeon’s chest heaved in a relief. At least the tears had stopped and she made her smile. But she still felt guilty though for making the girl cry. She wanted to make up for it.


A thought came in to her mind.


Taeyeon pecked Jessica on the lips, startling the brunette.


“What was that for?” Jessica arched a brow.


“It’s my way of apologizing.” Taeyeon grinned widely.


Jessica let out a hearty laugh. “Apology accepted.”


Taeyeon smiled wider. She got up from the floor and settled herself on the couch right next to Jessica. She pulled the girl by the waist.


Jessica complied and rested her head on Taeyeon’s chest.


As she fiddled with Taeyeon’s shirt she remembered a question she wanted to ask Taeyeon a while ago.


“Oh yeah, Taengoo, why did you leave so early in the morning? Where did you go?”


“I wanted to cook breakfast for you, but when I checked the fridge and the cupboards this morning, there were no more food left so I went out to buy some groceries from the nearby supermarket. I was planning on coming back before you woke up but I…”


“But you didn’t.” Jessica frowned. “The supermarket isn’t that far away and it didn’t seem like you bought much.” She pointed out as she glanced over the bags of groceries scattered all over the floor.


“Right…the shopping didn’t take that long.” Taeyeon admitted.


“What held you up?”


“See, as I was walking back from the supermarket, I ran in to Sunny and Sooyoung…”


--Flashback--


“Hey, Taeyeon.”


Taeyeon’s heart literally stopped beating when she heard that familiar voice. 


She slowly turned around hoping and praying it wasn’t who she expected it to be. But of course, since when did luck turn to her favor?


“H-hey, Sooyoung. Fancy seeing you here. Hehe…” She chuckled awkwardly.


Sooyoung didn’t look amused. Her arms were folded neatly over her chest and her face was stoic, devoid of any emotion whatsoever.


Taeyeon gulped nervously. The look that Sooyoung was giving her was scaring the sh*t out of her. She has never seen her with such a serious expression on her face before. Sure she gets mad from time to time but she never got this angry before.


I’m screwed.


Taeyeon backed away slowly from the angel.


Sooyoung kept her gaze locked on her.


Taeyeon continued to back away, her gaze locked on Sooyoung as well. She took another small step, and another and another and another, before she finally spun around and made a dash for it.


She stopped almost immediately when Sunny appeared out of nowhere in front of her, causing her to stumble backwards.


“Oww!” She fell on her .


--End of Flashback—


“Wait a second. So you’re telling me Sunny and Sooyoung, your so called ‘friends,’ are actually angels?”


“Yeah. I forgot to mention that didn’t I? Hehe…” Taeyeon scratched the back of her neck awkwardly as she tried to avoid Jessica’s questioning gaze.


“You forgot to tell me or you didn’t want to tell me?”


Jessica folded her arms over her chest and arched an eyebrow.


Taeyeon gulped nervously.


Crap! She caught me!


Taeyeon cleared to diffuse the tension.


“Ahem. Anyway, as I was saying…”


--Flashback--


“Where do you think you’re going Tae Tae?” Sunny scowled at her.


“I, um, I was just…”


“You were trying to escape weren’t you?” Sooyoung appeared behind her.


Taeyeon squealed. 


D*mn! These angels are so intimidating!


Taeyeon scanned the perimeter hoping to find a way to escape the two angels. 


Sooyoung noticed what she was doing. “Give it up, Taeyeon. You can’t go anywhere.”


Taeyeon sighed in defeat. She knew she can’t escape anymore. Even if she tries to, she knows she won’t be able to outrun them. 


Plus, they’re angels, they can just snap their fingers and they’ll appear right in front of me before I can even blink.


Taeyeon raised her hands in surrender. “Alright. I give up. I’m not going to run away ok? You can take me back to heaven, or wherever that place is. But before you take me away, can you please grant me one last favor?


The two angels glanced at each other.


“What do you want?”


“Can you please let me say my goodbyes to Sooyeon first?”


They glanced at each other again.


“Please. I just want to say goodbye.” Taeyeon pleaded.


“No.” Sunny replied coldly.


Shock was written all over Taeyeon’s face. “W-what?” She thought for sure they’ll at least grant her that wish. 


“Sunny-ah, Sooyoung-ah, I said I’ll go willingly! Please! Just let me say goodbye! That’s all I ask for!” 


By this time Taeyeon has dropped to her knees. She was really desperate. The last thing she wanted to do was leave without saying goodbye. If she did that she knows she’ll break Jessica’s heart. And she didn’t want that.


Sunny sighed. “Get up, Taeyeon.”


“I’m not getting up until you grant me my wish.” Taeyeon was resolute. She held her ground.


“Yah, midget, get up.”


Taeyeon didn’t move. 


“Taeyeon, you don’t have to say your goodbyes yet.” Sunny revealed.


Taeyeon’s head shot up and met Sunny’s gaze. “W-what do you mean?”


“Come on, get up, and we’ll explain everything to you.”


Taeyeon got up to her feet and dusted her pants.


“What’s going on?” She asked curiously.


“You see, the Goddess has proposed something. She is fully aware of your situation and she wants to make a deal with you, Taeyeon.” Sooyoung started.


“A deal?”


Sooyoung nodded. “Yup, a deal.”


“What kind of deal?”


“The deal is, you will complete the last task in your agenda. If you successfully accomplish the third task then we’ll allow you to stay with Jessica until the two month period is over. Which means you’ll have at least one more month with her, Taeyeon. Isn’t it a great deal? So, what do you say?”


Taeyeon’s face brightened immediately at the offer. She can’t believe the Goddess was giving her more time with her loved one. This is definitely an offer she can’t refuse.


“I’ll do it!” She responded immediately.


Sooyoung and Sunny both smiled. 


“Great! You don’t have to start your third task now, but do make sure you finish it before the two month period is up.”


“I will!”


With that, the two angels vanished.


--End Flashback--


“So, you’ll be staying here for one more month?” Jessica clarified.


Taeyeon nodded. “Yes. We’ll be together for one whole month, princess.”


Jessica couldn’t contain her happiness. She’s overjoyed at the fact that they’ll get one whole month together.


One whole month of being with Taeyeon. 


One whole month of making memories. 


And one whole month of happiness. 


She was grinning from ear to ear.


Taeyeon was amused by the wide smile on her lover’s face. “Yah, are you really that excited to be with me for one whole month?”


“Of course! Who wouldn’t be?”


Jessica leaned her head on the crooked of Taeyeon neck and wrapped her arms around the blonde’s petite waist.


“One whole month just for the two of us. Isn’t that great?” Jessica sighed dreamily.


“It’s definitely great.” Taeyeon replied as she wrapped her arm around Jessica’s shoulder. “Speaking of which, what would you like to do today princess?”


“Hmm…can we just stay in for today?”


“You don’t want to go out?”


Jessica shook her head. “I don’t feel like going out today. I just want to laze around at home.”


“Ok. If that’s what you want. Why don’t we go eat breakfast first, then we can just sit here on the couch and watch movies. How’s that?”


“Ok, fine.”


Jessica reluctantly got up and dragged herself to the kitchen with Taeyeon trailing behind.


------


After breakfast the two went back inside the bedroom and grabbed a blanket and a couple of pillows. They fixed the couch before plopping themselves down comfortably on it.


Throughout the morning and the afternoon, the two stayed snuggled in each other’s arms while they watched random movies on HBO.


Their positions shifted a few times. As of now, Jessica was laying in front of Taeyeon’s body, her back pressed against Taeyeon’s front, with her head nestled underneath Taeyeon’s chin.


Taeyeon laid behind Jessica, an arm wrapped around the brunette’s waist protectively.


They just started watching Atonement. Taeyeon didn’t really understand the plot since she didn’t understand English. But she did pick up some things from the body language of the characters so she kind of had a clue of what was going on.


Jessica seemed to be really intrigued by the movie, at least that’s what Taeyeon could tell from the girl’s unwavering attention from the TV. Taeyeon on the other hand found the movie stale and boring. She tried her best to keep herself awake but she could feel herself slowly drifting off to sleep.


Her eyelids were drooping down slowly. From what she can still see between the slits of her eyes, the two characters had just walked in to a room full of books, which she assumed to be a library or a study room.


Her tired lids almost shut completely when something caught her attention.


Her eyes shot open when the man pressed her lips against the woman’s lips. This definitely got her attention. She was now wide awake. She watched attentively at what was going on in the movie.


The kiss soon became hot and heavy. The couple was practically eating each other’s faces.


Taeyeon blinked incredulously at the scene. Her ears and cheeks have turned completely bright red. Thankfully the room was dark and Jessica was facing the TV so she didn’t notice anything at all.


As she continued to watch the scene her heart began palpitating faster. For some reason watching them kiss is making her excited. She could feel herself growing hotter and hotter by the second.


She gulped.


She wondered how Jessica was handling the scene. Her eyes slowly darted down to Jessica’s face to see how she was reacting to the kiss scene. To her disappointment, Jessica had on a blank look as if it was normal for her to see such a scene.


Here she was having a weird feeling building inside her while Jessica just laid there like nothing was happening.


Her eyes darted back to the TV when she heard soft coming from the woman.


The guy now has the girl pinned on the shelves. His hands roamed every curve of woman’s body while his lips kissed every exposed skin on the woman’s body.


This was the first time she’d ever seen such a thing. She could feel a strange sensation building up inside her body. It was making her insides churn madly and it was driving her mind insane.


The couple continued to make out.


Her breathing has becoming ragged. and her lips felt dry from the rapid breathing.


For some reason she felt like doing the same thing to Jessica, but she wasn’t sure if it would be appropriate to do so or not. The whole idea of taking advantage of Jessica was absurd enough, but actually proceeding with it was insane! Sure they’ve made out but they’ve never taken it farther than that. But seeing the movie was making her want to try it out. It was very, very tempting.


The man now had the woman totally pinned on the shelves, his body pressed against the woman’s body, his hands gripping the woman’s wrists and his legs anchoring the woman’s leg open.


The gripped Taeyeon had around Jessica’s waist unconsciously tightened as a response to the sudden action of the man in the movie.


This caught Jessica’s attention.


“Taengoo? Are you alright?”


Jessica rolled over on her back and stared up at Taeyeon. Her brow arched suspiciously when she saw the blonde’s reddened face.


“Taengoo—”


Before she could finish her sentence, Taeyeon silenced her with .


Jessica was startled but she didn’t push her away. She sat there frozen.


Taeyeon sloppily kissed the brunette. As she kissed Jessica, she noticed that the girl wasn’t reciprocating any of her kisses. She decided to deepen it by pushing her tongue in to the brunette’s slightly opened mouth.


Soon Jessica found herself melting in to the kiss. She closed her eyes and kissed Taeyeon back with the same passion. Her hands buried themselves between Taeyeon’s golden locks and her legs wrapped themselves around Taeyeon’s waist.


Taeyeon supported herself with one hand, while the other held on to Jessica’s thigh.


She felt Jessica rubbing her thigh on her thigh.


This aroused Taeyeon even more.


It was getting hot and heavy just like how it was in the movie.


She copied the man’s actions and began kissing the brunette fervently.


She took in the girl’s upper lip in to , while Jessica took in her bottom lip into hers, biting it and nibbling it.


Their tongues battled for dominance.


Jessica, having had more experience than Taeyeon, was clearly winning the battle.


Taeyeon didn’t mind though. She liked the feisty Jessica and the amazing sensation she’s feeling from the brunette’s every caress to her tongue.


It drove Taeyeon nuts.


It made her want Jessica even more.


Jessica was going insane as well. It has been a while since she had done this with someone. Taeyeon and her had made out before but it never escalated to anything big like where this one was heading to.


She didn’t want to stop. She wanted to take things further to the next level.


She buckled her hips up causing both their lower regions to touch.


Taeyeon grunted in pure satisfaction.


Hearing Taeyeon’s moan encouraged her even more.


She buckled it again.


Another beautiful moan resonated through her ears.


Soon, Taeyeon grasped on to what Jessica was trying to do. In response, she aided Jessica’s efforts and began pulling her thigh, allowing better access for the both of them.


Jessica moaned in response. Taeyeon was definitely getting the hang of it.


The two continued their antics.


Their bodies continued to rub against each other.


It was making Jessica’s lower region very hot, if you know what I mean.


She loved it.


Jessica hasn’t been this aroused since months back. To be honest, she missed this wonderful sensation dearly. She’s quite delighted she can finally experience this again with the one she loved.


Taeyeon’s entire body was scorching hot as well. Their bodies pressed together were burning her up. Her heart was thumping madly against her ribcage. The more it pounded, the more she wanted.


She wants more flesh.


Jessica’s flesh.


Without another thought, she dipped her hand underneath Jessica’s shirt, her cold hand coming in contact with Jessica’s bare stomach.


Jessica gasped at the contact.


Taeyeon silenced her, engulfing the girl’s mouth in to hers.


She rubbed Jessica’s stomach gently and softly, making circles with her hand.


Jessica’s mind has gone berserk by Taeyeon’s soothing and delicate touch. Her soft touches were making her stomach do flips. She loved it. She wanted Taeyeon’s hand to do more than just rub the same area though, so she clasped her fingers around Taeyeon’s wrist and guided it upwards.


Taeyeon allowed the girl to guide her without restraints.


She could feel her hand rise and rise, her fingertips touching new regions of Jessica’s flesh she’s never come in contact with before.


Everything was going smoothly. Jessica continued to guide Taeyeon’s hand to her most sensitive spots.


Taeyeon’s hand was about to reach Jessica’s mounds, when the doorbell suddenly rang.


The two girls froze in place. No one moved. They waited, hoping it wouldn’t ring again.


The doorbell rang again.


Taeyeon silently cursed in her mind. Just when everything was starting to become heated up, something just had to interrupt it.


Stupid doorbell! 


Jessica gently pushed her shoulder, forcing her lips to be detached from the brunette’s swollen ones.


Taeyeon grunted in annoyance.


Jessica giggled at her adorable reaction.


“Come on, sweetie, get off of me and go open the door.” Jessica instructed.


Taeyeon pouted. “Do we really have to stop? I mean we can just pretend we didn’t hear it and go on with our business.” Taeyeon suggested with a smile.


Jessica let out a chuckle. “But that’s probably the delivery boy. Remember, we ordered Thai food earlier?”


“I know, but do we really have to eat now? Let him leave, I can just cook for us.”


She really didn’t want to stop now.


The doorbell went off again.


Jessica glanced up at the girl hovering above her.


“Taengoo…” She purred cutely. She mustered up the best aegyo she could come up with hoping it’ll coax the girl to open the door.


Taeyeon gazed at Jessica’s adorable expression. Seeing her do aegyo has won her out. She was actually going to get up and open the door, but then an idea came to her mind.


“Hmm, but I’m really tired. I can’t get up. My entire energy has been drained from out little activity earlier on.” Taeyeon complained. “But you know what? An energy boost would really restore my strength back.” She suggested nonchalantly.


Jessica smirked. She already knew what the girl wanted, but she played along anyway. “What do you have in mind then?”


Taeyeon puckered up her lips. “Kiss.” She mumbled as she pointed to her pursed lips.


Jessica cupped Taeyeon’s face in her hands and leaned forward, capturing Taeyeon’s lips in hers.


Taeyeon smiled between the kiss.


The kiss was short and sweet, but she loved it nonetheless.


When they pulled apart Taeyeon had on a silly grin on her face.


“Are you energized now?”


Taeyeon nodded like a child. “I certainly am! I think I can go open that door now.”


She disentangled herself from Jessica’s clutch and fixed herself a bit. She patted down her messed up hair, courtesy of her lover, and straightened down her shirt. She didn’t want to chase away the delivery boy with her tousled appearance.


“Be right back princess.” Taeyeon winked before making her way over to the door.


As she walked, a contented smile was plastered on her face. To be honest, she would do anything for Jessica. One tug on the reins in her heart and she’d react immediately. The girl has total control over her, but she doesn’t mind it at all. As long as her heart beats for the brunette, then she’d gladly be owned by Jessica.


Taeyeon turned the brass door knob and pulled the door open.


On the other side of the door stood a beautiful girl with long raven hair and skin as white as snow. She was wearing a pink floral dress with a pink purse and pink flats to match the dress. She definitely doesn’t look like your ordinary delivery person.


Wait a second, she's not a delivery person.


Her smile slowly turned in to a line as she continued to eye the unknown girl.


“Um, may I help you?” She asked politely.


“Hi, um, I was wondering if a Jessica Jung resides here?”


Jessica Jung?


My Jessica Jung?


Jung Sooyeon?


My princess?


“Hmm…I’m pretty sure she still lives here.” The girl mumbled to herself.


“I—”


Taeyeon was about to respond when Jessica’s voice resonated from behind her.


“Omo! Tiffany!” She heard Jessica exclaim excitedly from behind her.


“Jessie!” The girl’s eyes formed crescents.


The girl named ‘Tiffany’ suddenly pushed Taeyeon aside and dashed inside the foyer, meeting Jessica in an embrace half way through.


Taeyeon silently watched from the side as the two girls excitedly hugged each other. There was only one question ringing through her mind as she watched the two girls jump up and down giddily.


Who the heck is that!?


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


A/N: I feel like my chapters are getting longer and longer. Lol. Anyway, so, um, there's goes chapter fifteen! Hope you enjoyed that Taengsic moment! I really don't have much to say right now. It's two in the morning and I'm really tired. But do let me know what you thought of the chapter.

As usual, comments are very much appreciated!

Thank you to those who commented and subscribed! =]