DAY I: Mr. Clean? I think not.

Dollar $igns


::

My life is not normal. It's the opposite, sadly.

See, normal seventeen year olds tend to not have a part-time job as a maid in order to actually have a decent meal and a place to live.

Normal seventeen year olds don’t have to hope their bosses follow the three B’s. Which is to not care when their bosses get y, to hope that they’re always busy, and to pray that they’re barely around.

Sadly, only two out of three of my bosses follow the three B’s. Then again, who am I to consider a seventeen year named Lee Taemin my boss?

Right.

He’s just their kid who adores to scream at me and basically everyone who works under his parents.

Until yesterday.

See, he decided to at me in front on not only his friend, but also his mom. He didn’t know the latter was there though. So now, one of my bosses (his mom) decides her princess of a son needs to learn the value of a dollar, and suddenly, I need to teach the brat how to be a commoner otherwise I’m fired.

Oh, and he'll lose his inheritance.

Ugh. I hate my job.

 ::

“SHE DID WHAT?” Monkey ears, a.k.a Minho, one of the gardener of the Taemins and one of my closest work-friends spewed.

I had just told Mrs. Taemin’s plans to him and well…he wasn’t taking it too well. I then chose this moment to tell him the how I’ll be fired if I don’t make him act non-spoiled-brat-like.

“SHE DID WHAT?” He repeats, shaking me roughly. “TELL ME THIS IS A SICK, HORRIBLE, TWISTED JOKE, LIN. C’MON, TELL ME. PLEASE.”

Oh god. I wonder how everyone else will handle the news.

Minho broke down weeping, "Oh, god…I think I‘m going to puke. Oh, my god. I‘m going to puke. I mean, sure, seeing that brat once a while is okay, but everyday for a year? WHY GOD? WHYYY?"

I felt the urge to cry a little bit too. Then something hits me.

“Hey, wait,” I say. “What about me getting fired? Isn‘t that devastating news as well?”

“That’s horrible too,” he says quickly, wiping his tears. I think they're fake, though.   

I feel offended. This was coming Monkey Ears, one of my sole best friends! Actually, that’s partially a lie. Everyone in the right wing on the servant quarters is like family to me, mainly because we’re the people who handle the cooking, cleaning and gardening, you know the real work.

We don't like the people in left wing mostly because they handle things like sewing up clothes, planning out the Taemin’s day, driving them around, doing Mrs. Taemin’s makeup…a.k.a the easy crap.

Well, that, and they’re es. They think they’re better than we right-wingers because their salary is a portion higher than ours. And that they don’t live the servant’s quarters all-year-long like we do.

Tch.

"Buthey," Minho brightens suddenly, “How about I beat him senselessly every time he even looks at a dollar bill or screams at a right-winger? That will teach him for sure!"

I scoff. “Monkey Ears, we’re trying to teach the kid a life lesson, not traumatize him and enforce one of your freaky dreams.”

Minho just looks away, depressed. "It's not freaky," he mutters.  

“Oh, and Minho?” I say.

“What?”

“He’llbesleepinginyourroom! Okaythanksbye!”

I then run out of the room.

One…

Two…

Three…

“WAIT, WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY? LIN? LIN! GET BACK HERE! I AM NOT SHARING THIS ROOM WITH THAT…THAT…THING! LIIIINNN!”

 

::

 

“And that’s basically all there is,” I explain.

Tae just stares at me like I’ve grown a third head. “There’s no point of this.”

“Are you serious? Look, you just take the damn plunger and—”

“My mom is just mad at me, okay? But don’t go thinking what she said was serious,” blurts Taemin. “I’ll be out of here by the morning. She's real forgiving.”

I shrug. “Whatever. That‘s not my issue, I’m just listening to my boss. Which is Madame Taemin. Here.” I hand him the toilet plunger and take my life. “Oh,” I say re-entering the bathroom, “if you don’t clean that, I’ll just tell Madame Taemin”

He then threw the toilet plunger at my face. He’s so lucky he’s my boss’s kid.

So very lucky indeed.

:

By lunch, every right-winger knows about Tae’s abrupt stay here. All right-wingers were—as expected—horrified. By dinner, every y and fake left-winger knew about it too. They were—as expected—money hungry hawks circling Tae.

It’s really irritating.

And kind of funny.

And pretty scary.

“Oooh, young master is serving his own food!”

“Oooo, young master would you like some help?”

“Evening, young master!”

The hilarious thing is he thinks they’re being genuinely nice.

They all eye me questioningly as I hold in a ‘pft’.

 ::

By nightfall, all the left-wingers left poor little Tae to fend for himself. He was actually so paranoid that he never left my side.

Seriously.

Sir Bicthness, the person who would only scream at me to clean something, was currently clinging to my sleeve every two seconds.

It’s kind of sad seeing him like this, but I get over it because, , you’ve been terrorizing me for four years.

Then I remember that, , I’m going to lose my job unless this brat learns what the hell a penny is.

And then I feel like I want to cry.

This happened about fifteen times tonight. And I learned that it’s actual possible to hate a woman so concerned with poor kids.

But I have this theory that Mrs. Taemin is the Devil in disguise, which is the only reason someone as monstrous as Mr. Taemin could be attracted to her since you know, he's aual (I'm not kidding. Don't ask how I know...). Obviously there must be some magic at work, right?

RIGHT? Right. Her cruelty. Plus she DID give birth to Tae, so…DONE. Theory proved.

“Okay, you need to seriously leave me alone,” I tell Tae when I reach my room. “Go find Minho. You’ll find him really easily, just look for the guy with huge monkey ears.”

“I heard that!” Minho cries walking up to us, he then glares at Tae.

“You can’t leave me with that…that thing!” They say in unison.

Creepy~!

“What did you say?” Tae snarls. “You’re the poor person, not me! God knows what twisted things you commoners do to the rich!”

“What the hell do you think we’re going to do?” Minho cries, “ you or something?”

Tae blanches at what Minho says. God, you’d think the kid would have some sense of humour. Then again, Minho never was good at jokes. 

end of DAY I 

A/N:

OMG. I LOVE YOU GUYS. SERIOUSLY. TEN SUSBCRIBERS, ALREADY? And the comments just killed me with joy. I screamed so loud a person could have thought I was getting . XD

I hope you enjoy this chapter too! ^_^