Nightmares

Knights of the nights

His normal chocolate brown eyes glowed yellow as his raven hair clung to his face as the rain beat down on him from above. He could smell the liquor on the breath of his target as he drew the man into the alley he occupied. The target wasn’t even scared, he didn’t make a sound as his life was drained from him. The golden-eyed man smirked as he the blood from the corners of his mouth. Lightning illuminated his face, the face of a beautiful man.

Lee Hyukjae woke with a start sitting up from his bed drenched in sweat. Glancing around his room, he noticed the sun being up and yelling coming from the kitchen. Groaning, Hyukjae made his way through his normal morning routine. Sungmin was reading the newspaper with a face as he read an article about another missing person.

“That makes the fifth one this week..” The man groaned as he closed the paper.

“Is there a connection yet?” Shindong asked glancing up from his coffee.

“No, the cops are not releasing any info.” Sungmin replied with a sigh. Hyukjae placed his head down on his arms after listening to his roommates talk.

“Hankyung said he would help out at the studio today, didn’t he?” Shindong asked the newest resident of the kitchen. Hyukjae nodded, still upset over his nightmare.

“You been sleeping Hyukkie?” Sungmin asked worried.

“Yeah, sorry hyung,” Hyukjae muttered before standing.

“I’m going to go ahead and leave for the studio early and do some practices.” And with that the front door opened and closed on the blonde.

“Shindong watch him today for me. I promised Wookie I’d help at the restaurant.” Sungmin said before standing as well.

“Sure thing, Hankyung, Hyukkie, and I will come by after practice.” Shindong promised. Sungmin smiled before rushing from the house to help out at Leeteuk’s restaurant.

SAPPHIRE SARANGHAE

A restaurant that served the best food and had the best looking waiters. In short Leeteuk’s restaurant was a girls paradise. The waiters were always eager to learn your name and flirt with you if you had a bad day.

“Sungmin hyung, thank god!” Ryeowook screamed as he raced to his friend.

“What’s up?” Sungmin asked worried by the makanae’s pale look and wide eyes, not to mentioned disheveled hair.

“Teukie hyung is having a melt down because the shipment that was due today is delayed meaning that we have to precook over a hundred different foods.” The boy panicked.

“Wookie, calm down before I have to knock you out.” Sungmin ordered effectively shutting the boy up.

“Now, lead me to the kitchens and I’ll do all I can to make sure the food is ready on time.” the older male smiled pushing his dongsae towards the back of the building.

Leeteuk was being comforted by a disheveled Henry as his friend Zhou Mi stood close by protectively.

“Hey,” Sungmin smiled as he entered the room dragging a now blackout Ryeowook. Leeteuk glanced up taking notice of his knockout cook.

“OMO my cook, what happened!” Leeteuk yelped.

“He was having a meltdown, I just put him to sleep he should wake up in a few moments.” Sungmin assured the boss.

“Aish, I only have four people to help out today, what have I done for the heavens to treat me like this?” the wingless angel cried as he hugged a regaining conscious makanae in his arms.

“Henry, as youngest you and Zhou Mi are in charge of dressing the tables and getting things ready for the guest.” Sungmin began already taking charge for the two men having meltdowns infront of him.

“Aish why did you two open this place if you couldn’t handle the stress?” Sungmin asked with a shake of his head.

Hankyung sighed as he pushed the sweat from his face. Beside him Hyukjae glared at the floor as if it had personally offended him.

“Are you okay?” the Chinese dancer asked with worry. Hyukjae jumped at the sudden noise but calmed as he looked over at his hyung.

“Yeah, just tired.” Hyukjae stated as they both glanced up at Shindong as he scolded a dance student for misbehaving.

“Why, did you have the nightmare again?” Hankyung asked with a lowered voice. Hankyung was the only person Hyukjae had felt confident in telling about his nightmare.

“Yeah, it keeps changing though, like I’m actually there when it happens.” Hyukjae shuddered as flashes from the dream came to his mind. They were so clear, clear like memories not dreams.

“Maybe your under too much stress, why not take a few days off from classes and stay home and rest?” the dancer suggested.  

“Yeah, maybe I should, thanks Hankyung.” Hyukjae smiled.

“Anytime, you really do look like .” Hankyung smiled.

“Thanks,” Hyukjae laughed.

“Hey, you two get back to work now!” Shindong called signaling the both of them to move forward.

The end of practice brought exhaustion  and pain as the three men made their way to their friends restaurant. Hyukjae shivered as he passed an alley, images feeling his head and causing him to groan. Heat shot up his arm as it brushed against something. The young dancer grabbed the arm and checked for any injuries before being rushed inside.

Henry smiled at the sight of the three members walking in.

“Welcome you guys,” the mochi smiled urging Zhou Mi forward. he noticed his silent lovers intense stare and stiff muscles as he stared at the shadows behind Hyukjae.

“Something up Mimi?” Henry whispered as the other three took a seat for Sungmin to wait on.

“Nothing for you to worry about, can you cover my shift I need a short bathroom break.” The tall Chinese waiter whispered.

“Sure, but your telling me tonight at home.” Henry huffed, puffing out his cheeks in a pout. Henry shivered, the shadows Mimi had been watching moved.

“Yeah, he has some explaining to do later.” The mochi pouted before taking a seat to check out a customer.

Zhou mi glared at the shadow before him, his eyes golden, his handsome face twisted in an angry sneer.

“Stay away from him, this is your only warning.” Zhou Mi instructed.

“Their coming, he’s found you,” the voice smirked from the shadows as a cold wind blew against the area.

“I see,” Zhou Mi mused.

“You plan to run?” the shadow asked.

“No,” Zhou Mi answered.

“Then you’re a fool, as you’ve always been.” The shadow laughed.

“Zhou Mi get back in here and work!” Leeteuk snapped as he walked outside the restaurant. Zhou Mi nodded before stepping towards the man.

“Coming,” he replied, golden eyes flashed through the darkness as he watched the china man retreat inside.

“Is this war?” the shadow pondered with an amused look.