The Call

In the Club


In a restaurant...
6:45 PM

"Are you sure this is well-done?" Seungri was asking the waiter while observing the steak he ordered.

He kept turning the steak and poking it with his fork.

"Why don't you just slice it? Babo!" Daesung said looking annoyed at what he was doing.

Youngbae, who was chewing his food, glanced at the two.

Seungri glared at Daesung.

"Mind your own business!" He snapped.

Daesung frowned.

He reached for Seungri's steak with his fork then he sliced it and ate a piece.

Seungri was shocked.

"Yah, hyung!" He yelled with his eyes widened.

"Yup! It's well-done." Daesung said giving him an annoying grin.

"Aish!" The maknae swore at him.

The waiter who is standing and watching the two chuckled.

Seungri glared, making him clear his throat.

"I'm sorry sir, is there anything else that I can help you with?" He politely asked them.

"No thank you," Daesung answered looking at the waiter then to Seungri.

"I think we've solved his steak issue." He added, giving the waiter a wink.

Seungri continued giving him his death glare while slicing his steak.

"Enjoy your meal, sir." The waiter bowed and left them.

Youngbae who is quietly watching the whole scene shook his head while eating.

"So hyung,” Daesung called his attention.

He was staring at him while slicing his steak.

Youngbae looked up from his food.

"We've been doing this for a month now,” His friend said. "I'm surprised that Dara nuna hasn't caught you yet."

He just gave him a poker face look and continued eating his food.

"You know what?" Seungri chimed in. "Some people are talking right now."

"What do you mean?" Daesung asked.

"You know," Seungri said, glancing at Youngbae. "Hyung cheating on Dara nuna."

Upon hearing what he said, Youngbae stopped what he was doing.

His expression changed and the two knew he was pissed.

He reached for a napkin and wiped his mouth.

"Hyung, what are you gonna do now?" Daesung asked him, almost taunting.

He didn't answer and took a sip of his wine

"Some are also asking me if you two really did split up." Seungri went on, still looking at him.

Youngbae slammed the glass on the table causing his two friends to flinch.

"Tell them to mind their own in' business!" He said with an angry tone.

Daesung sneered at him. "It's not like you're doing your THING privately, hyung. People see you with her in clubs, bars, and restaurants."

Youngbae didn't respond, not knowing how to defend himself.


= Flashback =

Weeks ago at Youngbae's office.

"Yes, Sanghee-sshi?" Youngbae answered the phone.

"Youngbae-sshi, there's someone on line four who wants to speak with you." His secretary said. "She said she's your friend but wouldn't say who she is."

He wondered. "Okay, I'll take the call."


"Yoboseyo?"

"Youngbae-oppa!" A woman's voice on the other line greeted.

He recognized the voice.

Long silence.

"Yoboseyo?!"

"Angela?!" He asked.

"Oppa! I thought you've forgotten me already." She exclaimed.

He gave out a chuckle.

"So when did you come back?"

"Just got back last night. I was wondering if I can invite you for a drink tonight." She asked.

It's a surprise to Youngbae that Angela contacted her two years after their break up.

"Uhmm..." He uttered.

He suddenly remembered that he's eating out with Dara that night.

"Oh c'mon Youngbae oppa, for old time's sake!" Angela pleaded.

He was still hesitating.

'Dara wouldn't like this.' He thought. 'Then again, it's just one drink, and besides I'll tell her about it after.'

He broke up with her two years ago for Dara.
He always thought that she hated her after what he did and he feels guilty everytime he remembers how good Angela treated him.

"Alright, let's meet later."

= End of Flashback =


"What I don't understand hyung is why you're doing this?" Daesung said. "We're friends since kindergarten, but why do I feel like you're hiding something from us now?"

Youngbae just stared at his food.

He knows he got some explaining to do.

"Youngbae hyung," Seungri called with a serious tone. "Don't you love Dara nuna anymore?"

He was taken aback by his question.

Automatically, he glared at Seungri and looked straight in his eyes.

"Listen, my love for Dara has nothing to do with this." He said with an angry expression.

Then he looked at Daesung.

"Like you've said, we've known each other long enough to know what the other is thinking or feeling."

His expression suddenly changed from angry to confused.

Daesung and Seungri exchanged glances.

"We're your best friends, your brothers. You can tell us what's happening." Daesung comforted him.

"When you started secretly going out with Angela, we never questioned you but we're still waiting for you to explain. This is not right and fair, especially to Dara nuna."

"Hyung, you said you love nuna." Seungri added. "We've seen you change for the better because of her, but why all these?"

"Do you..., " He was about to ask something but he hesitated and looked at Daesung.

His friend nodded knowing exactly what his friend is going to ask.

"No." Youngbae suddenly answered raising his head and facing his friends.

They were friends for a long time that they indeed know what the other is thinking.

"But did you...," Daesung asked not finishing his question, but instead he gave him the look that only the three of them understand.

Youngbae took a deep breath.

He pushed aside his plate and wrapped his hands over the back of his head and resting his elbows on the table.

His friends gaped.

"No, you couldn't have." Daesung whispered.

"What's going to happen when Dara nuna finds out about this?" Seungri worriedly asked.


= Flashback =

Youngbae entered the club looking around.
The place was packed.
He walked passed the people in the crowded dance floor.
Girls would look at him and attempt to dance with him but he just continued walking in search for Angela.
Then suddenly, not far from where he was standing, he saw a short-haired girl staring at him smiling.
He stared back at her and was surprised.

She approached him.

"Surprise!" She greeted.

"Angela?" His eyes widened.

She gave him a quick friendly hug.

"Oppa, let's go to the bar area, it's crowded here." She said.

They went to the bar area and order some drinks.


"Has it been that long that I couldn't even recognize you?" He asked while scanning her.

Angela laughed.

Back in college, Angela used to wear simple feminine clothes, and wear light make up.
Her hair was long and plain black.
Now she's very different.
She cut her hair short with highlights and she wears heavy make up.
She was also wearing a skimpy short skirt and fitted sleeveless which surprised him even more.

"It's just two years, oppa" She said, sipping her beer.

"So how has it been?" He asked.

"I'm back for good." She flashed him a big smile.

"Really? That's cool!" He exclaimed.

Moments of silence.

Angela suddenly turned to face him.

"How's Dara-sshi, by the way?" She asked.

Youngbae felt his heart jumped.

He almost forgot that he lied to Dara that night just to meet her.

"She's fine." He answered, smiling without looking at her.

"Does she know we’re meeting tonight?" She asked curiously.

 

He shook his head.

Angela sighed. "I guess you're still together."

She turned towards the table again and rested her chin on her hand.

"Why? No boyfriend yet?" He asked.

"The real reason I came back is that my father made wedding arrangement with his business partner's son." She said.

"Really?" He asked with a laugh.

She looked at him with sad eyes and nodded.

"So have you met the guy?" He asked.

"Yup." She answered sipping her beer. "We dated in the States before."

"Then it's not that bad, right?"

Angela made a face.

"I guess so." She simply replied.

"Hey, why so gloomy?" Youngbae chuckled poking her shoulder.

"I don't love him." She answered without thinking twice.

"Ohhh." He said, finishing his second bottle of beer.

He heard Angela let out a big sigh.

"Hey c'mon," He poked her shoulder again.

"You invited me for a drink and it's been two years since we've last seen each other. Wae geurae?"

She smiled at him faintly.

"Let's have fun tonight, okay?" He said winking at her.

They spend the whole night drinking and catching up.
Youngbae drank too much that he's starting to get tipsy.

"Oh man, this is my last bottle." He said.

"No way, you promised that you'll entertain me." Angela objected.

"Hey, I still need to drive and I have work tomorrow." He said shaking his head.

"Agghhh... I drank too much." He mumbled.

"Okay one more bottle. Please." Angela pleaded.

He smiled. "Okay, last bottle."

"Oppa, let's dance first, c'mon." She grabbed his arm and dragged him on the dance floor.

Youngbae head was throbbing because of the loud music and crowded dance floor, but he still managed to swing his body to the music.

To his surprise, Angela put her arms around his neck and got closer to him.

"A-a-Angela...” He uttered.

He tried to remove her arms around his neck but she wouldn't let him.

"Relax, we're just dancing." She said as she leaned closer to his ear.

Youngbae was feeling uncomfortable but he feels he has no energy to push her away.

He felt Angela's lips touching his neck.

He shrugged the feeling.

She loosened her arms around him and looked at him.

Though his vision was a bit blurry because of being drunk, he still noticed the sad and longing look in her eyes.

"C'mon let's go back for our last drink." She told him.

Angela pulled him to the bar area.

She handed him a bottle of beer.

"Straight?" She dared with a smile.

Youngbae smiled back and gulped his beer.

He looked around the crowded dance floor and felt everything around him seemed to be spinning around.

He closed his eyes.

"Youngbae oppa." He heard Angela's voice calling him but he couldn't open his eyes.

Later the music in the club and voices of people were slowly fading.

**********

Youngbae was having a hard time opening his heavy eyes.
He can feel that his back was lying against something soft.
When he rubbed his eyes and his vision was becoming clear.
He tried to sit but felt someone assisting him.
He felt weak and dizzy to refuse.
As he turned to look, he was shocked to see Angela sitting beside him on the bed.

His eyes quickly roamed around the room.

It was unfamiliar.

What confused him more was when he noticed that he doesn't have his shirt on.

"Youngbae oppa? Are you okay?" She asked, holding his hand.

He released his hand to press it against his head.
His head was still aching.

"Wow! I've never been this drunk before." He grunted. "Where am I?"

"You're in my room." Angela simply answered.

"WHAT?!!!" He exclaimed in shock.

Youngbae felt like the whole room was spinning again.

"I-I need to go Angela, I'm sorry that you have to bring me here." He said as he quickly got up from the bed.

"Ahhh.." He moaned when he felt his head throbbing in pain.

He closed his eyes and Angela was quick to assist him back to the bed.

"You don't need to hurry, oppa." She said. "You can rest here."

Youngbae opened his eyes and turned to her. "A-Angela,"

He was lost for words when he saw her leaning and pressing her lips on his.

He tried to speak and was pushing her away but she just kept leaning forward, holding onto him.

Youngbae knows that what's happening is wrong, but he can't seem to help himself.

Feeling Angela's soft lips against his, he felt that he needs to do something.
The next thing he knew, he was already on top of her kissing her in return.
Everything happened so fast.
He knew what it was wrong but he couldn't stop what he was doing.

It's been a long time since he felt a woman's bare skin against his.
He has forgotten what it feels like to have this kind of pleasure.

His mind was debating.
He loves someone and to cheat on her is the last thing in his mind.

'What am I doing?' He thought. 'I can't stop.'

Youngbae went home the next morning.
He went straight to the shower.

The cool water coming out of the shower was enough to open up his senses.

'I can't believe I did it.' He thought. 'How can I face the person I love now? How can I face Dara?'

He put his hands on his face as he felt the warm tears coming out of his eyes.

"Dara. Baby, I'm sorry." He whispered.

= End of Flashback =