08

WHAT DO YOU MEAN, I'M THEIR STYLIST?

LONG chapter ahead. 2,732 words on Word!

 

08

“I wonder what manager hyung wants to talk to us about?” Himchan said while zipping up his jacket. “It’s odd for him to just call us out to TS like that.”

“Maybe we’re finding out our new concept?” Zelo said excitedly.

“But we haven’t finalized anything yet,” You said, confused. “We’re still working on hair styles and what sets we plan on using…”

“Well, there’s only one way to find out, right? Are we all ready? The vans already waiting outside.” Daehyun adjusted his mask in the mirror. “ZELO! HURRY UP! Aish, this maknae.”

“Coming, hyung!” Zelo opened his door, still teasing bits of his hair.

“Aish, my hair looks so bad today~ Should I just go back in and get a hat?” Zelo complained.

“Zelo! You look fine. Let’s go!” Yongguk started to drag Zelo towards the door.

“Yah, hyunggg! You’re ruining my hair!”

“This is all Himchan and Youngjae’s fault. Stupid diva’s.” Yongguk muttered under his breath, although loud enough for you all to hear it. You smiled a little at his comment before following them into the elevator.

“Come on~ you guys take so long!” Jongup said once they were outside, already waiting in the car.

“It’s all Zelo’s fault.” Yongguk grumbled. “That boy spends too much time in front of a mirror nowadays.”

“Come on, let’s just go~” Zelo chirped, completely ignoring Yongguk. “We shouldn’t be keeping manager hyung waiting, right?”

“Then don’t spend so much time getting ready then,” Yongguk retorted once more before dropping the subject. *How come I feel like something bad is going to happen?*

-

“Yongguk oppa?” you poked his leg, and he looked back at you, breaking his gaze from the window.

“Ah, yeah.” He climbed out of the van, leaving you slightly confused. *I really, really don’t get him. First, he’s nice to me, then seems to hate me, then flirts with me and now he acts like I’m not there. He’s so bipolar sometimes.* you huffed and blew your fringe out of your eyes before following him out of the van.

“Chief Kang hyung, we’re here!” Zelo cheerfully opened the door to the office, bouncing in.

“Annyonghasaeyo!” you and Youngjae both bowed.

“Take a seat.” You all sat down, BAP on one side of Chief Kang’s desk, and you on the other. You couldn’t help but notice the gap between you and BAP. *Why are we seated so far apart?*

“What’s happening?” Himchan took a seat next to Yongguk.

“It’s come to my attention that I feel that I should know more about your… relationships with one another.” He eyed you. “Are any of you dating?”

Your eyes widened. “What? Of course not! Why would you think that?”

“Certain photos have been brought to my attention and are under the risk of being published. They’re offering a price for it to be not published, naturally.” He raised his eyebrows. “We’ll be denying all claims regardless of course, and making a statement saying so later, but I still need to know.”

“What photos?” Daehyun asked, curious.

He sighed and opened his laptop, browsing through some files before turning it around to show the others.

Your eyes widened. They were all pictures of you and BAP at Lotte World – you and Youngjae talking alone (although in reality, the others had just gone to go get food), you and Yongguk lining up for the Haunted House, you poking a squatting Daehyun.

Youngjae sighed. “Hyung, we were just going out for a day because we both had a break. Zelo really wanted to go to Lotte World, so we went.”

“Nothing else?” Chief Kang asked.

You shook your head. “Nothing else!” you confirmed.

He nodded. “I’m glad. We’ll just let them publish it as we agreed then.”

You bit your lip. “But wouldn’t that create bad publicity for BAP? Like a scandal? It’s not true, can’t we just tell them that and hope that they don’t publish it?

Chief Kang sighed. “The media doesn’t work like that, ~~~~~. If only. They would make a scandal out of anything, even if it’s false, like this accident. The best we can do is release a statement stating so.”

You nodded. “Of course… I’m so sorry.” You looked down at your feet, sighing.

“It’s okay. After all, all you wanted to do was take Zelo out. At least they didn’t find out you living together… that’s always a plus. Although, while we’re on that topic, ~~~~~ I think it might be time we find you your own housing. I’m aware that several apartments, all quite close to the TS building, have been cleared out and up for sale.”

Zelo’s eyes widened. “Noona’s leaving us?”

“In a sense, yes. You’ll still see her at work though – and that’s all that really matters.”

*I have to move out?* you thought, dazed. *Of course, I can’t expect to be living with BAP forever, right?* you thought of the other stylists at the 1st Look photoshoot, and their harsh words.

“Apparently she even LIVES with them because the manager couldn’t ‘find a place for her to live’! Since when does he care about where we live? We have to pay for our own houses! How come she gets free housing, huh?!”

“But why can’t she just stay with us? I mean, it’s not like she’s disturbing us. And we finally put our spare room to good use.” Daehyun tried to reason.

Chief Kang sighed. “I know, and it’s going to be hard on ~~~~ to suddenly move out again, too.  But we can’t risk it if you are found out. They’ll end up finding your address, and you’ll be constantly barraged by media all day. ~~~~ won’t even be able to take a step outside without her face plastered over the front pages. It won’t turn out well, Daehyun – for you, BAP or ~~~~~.”

BAP seemed defeated at this statement. Although they didn’t want to accept it, they know you would have to move out.

The room was quiet for a while. *Come on, say something ~~~~~.* “So until when do I have to move out?” you knew BAP was looking at you shocked. *They probably think I want to move out, huh…*

“I’ll give you a month to find an apartment and so on. If they find out about you living there during that time, we’ll say you were doing stylist-related things. That’s all for today, you’re dismissed.”

The seven of you filed out almost silently, the only sound being Zelo bumping into Jongup by accident.

“So, do we want to go anywhere seeing as we’re already out here? Or should we just go back home?” you suggested, as soon as you were out by the road.

“NOONAA!” Zelo wailed. “I don’t want you to leave me! Don’t leave me, okay?” he tried to pull aegyo.

“Zelo-“ you started.

“I don’t get why you have to leave either.” Youngjae grumbled. “It that our dorm will just become messy again without you there. Himchan at cleaning.”

“Hey!” Himchan protested. “I’m the best at cleaning okay!”

You giggled slightly. “Himchan oppa, Youngjae oppa is right… your definition of ‘cleaning’ is just moving stuff around and out of sight.”

“Out of sight, out of mind right?” Himchan smirked.

“So was that all I was to you, Yonugjae oppa? Your cleaner?” you stuck out your tongue at him.

Youngjae grinned. “Of course!”

“Yah!” you pouted, hitting him on the shoulder. “I’m going to move out straight away then, and let you live in a pig sty!”

“Noona andwae! Don’t leave me! Youngjae hyung, apologize!” Zelo said frantically, glaring at Youngjae.

You chuckled at the sight of Zelo panicking, jumping up and down and trying to get Youngjae to apologize. “We were just joking Zelo. Although I do have to find a place to move into soon…”

“You’re really going to move out?” Yongguk asked.

You looked up at him, surprised. “Of course. I can’t disobey orders, after all, right? And I don’t want you guys to be caught up in a scandal, right?”

Yongguk opened his mouth to reply, but all seven of you received a text at that moment. Curious, you took out your phone and read the text.

You should all head home. I just gave permission for the media to publish the article. I’m giving them a few hours before I release an official statement, but until then, you should probably stay home to avoid reporters or at least, angry fans. It’s not that enjoyable.

“Well then, let’s go home before anyone sees us.” Himchan zipped up his jacket so that it covered his neck and mouth, and Zelo took out his mask. You, too, put the top of your hoodie over your head so that it would conceal part of your face.

“Did the van leave already?” Daehyun’s voice was muffled through his black mask.

“Yeah, I think we have to go catch the bus.” Jongup replied, his hoodie also covering his face.

“Or we can walk!” Yongguk added.

“I think walkings safer… we don’t want to get trapped on the bus if someone knows us.” Youngjae shivered.

“Come on, let’s go then. It only takes twenty minutes to walk.” Daehyun started to walk, and you all followed.

“Hyung, we’re getting weird looks!” Zelo whispered.

“Don’t we always? It’s just because our faces are covered, after all. That and we might seem ‘familiar’ to them.” Yongguk chuckled.

“That, and we’re so tall. And handsome!” Himchan smirked.

“Handsome? I haven’t heard that one before. How would they even be able to tell that when we’re all covered up?” Jongup commented.

“That’s because those comments are only made to me~ My beauty radiates, you know?” Himchan sang.

“Babo Himchan oppa. Are you sure you’re not hearing things?” you teased.

BAP chuckled. “AAH! UNNIE!” suddenly, a girl ran in front of BAP, almost running over Youngjae in her attempt to get to her friend. “HAVE YOU HEARD? ABOUT BAP?!?!!”

The seven of you stiffened. *People already know?!*

“YES! OH MY GOD. I CAN’T BELIEVE THAT GIRL WENT TO LOTTLE WORLD WITH THEM!” her friend squealed. “She can’t be her girlfriend, right?” they both gasped.

“AHHH! I’M SO JEALOUS!! WHAT EXACTLY IS HER RELATIONSHIP WITH THEM?” they continued to gossip.

“Come on, ~~~~~. Let’s go home before anyone recognizes us.” Himchan whispered, pushing you gently. You shuffled your feet obediently, still shocked at how fast news had spread. *Fangirls these days…*

“We’re almost home… for once, I was actually nervous about all the looks they gave us. Normally I don’t even think twice about them.” Daehyun sighed.

“One more street… ah. Wait a second. What are we eating for dinner tonight?” Yongguk stopped. “Our fridge is empty…”

“Can we get pizza?” Zelo grinned.

“We had that a few days ago! We need actual food!”

“Shall I go to the market?” you suggested.

“I’ll go with you,” Daehyun said quickly. “I don’t want you to be mobbed by angry fans…”

“But if they see us together, they might think something is going on between us even though it’s not. That’s even worse.” You pointed out. “Just go home, I’ll meet you all there later! The supermarkets close by anyway. Maybe it’s even better we’re seen entering at different times…”

“How about I go?” Jongup smiled.

“Jongup go grocery shopping? Last time you went grocery shopping, you bought all the wrong things.” Himchan argued.

“That was once, hyung!” Jongup argued.

“I’ll just go, oppa. See you guys later!” Fixing your hoodie, you started off to go to the market before they could stop you.

-

“So, what should we buy for dinner?” you wondered, walking along the aisles. “Should I make fried rice?” you stopped at the section and started to choose eggs. “Hm… ah! What about kimchi stew?”

After getting all the vegetables and things you needed, you started to walk to the self-check out section, while checking your phone for any new texts. Accidentally, you bumped into someone and you quickly looked up in alarm. “Oh! Ji Yeon unnie, sorry!” you apologized. [A/N: Ji Yeon is one of the original stylists.] “I wasn’t paying attention!”

“Okay, whatever,” she walked right by you while your head was still bent. “Suddenly being respectful… what’s the point of that?”

Your eyes widened and you stood back upright. *What was that for?*

“Jung Ah~” you heard Ji Yeon say over the phone, a few metres away from you. “That stupid new stylist is here~”

You gaped at her. She was badmouthing you to someone else right in front of you? What had she even done to offend her?

“Mhm… she did WHAT!?!” she suddenly turned and glared at you, still listening to the phone.

*Oh no. Please don’t tell me she knows about the Lotte World photos.* you prayed.

“Well, isn’t that expected of someone like her, who uses ungodly means to get a job close to celebrities?” every word was full of malice as she glared at you, not even blinking once. “Yeah, okay. See you later Jung Ah~” she hung up and heel, breaking eye contact with you.

Biting your lip, you sighed and turned back to the self-service lane, buying the things you would need for dinner tonight.

-

“I’m back!” you called, putting down the bags on the kitchen table.

“Ah! Noona’s back!” Jongup and Zelo jumped out of their room.

“What did you buy?” Jongup asked, looking through all the bags.

“Ingredients for kimchi stew and fried rice.” You replied, taking out the ingredients and putting them either in the fridge or out on the kitchen island.

“Wah~ is my yeobo cooking for me?” Himchan popped out from behind you, holding onto your waist.

“Oppa!” you dropped the greens that you were holding. “You scared me!”

“HIMCHAN HYUN’S A ERT~” Jongup and Zelo chorused, smirking.

“yah, Don’t say that! Or Yongukkies going to lock me in our room again and not let me even go within a 5 metre radius of ~~~~~!” Himchan complained.

“Yah Kim Himchan!” a deep voice boomed, and Himchan dropped his arm from around your waist.

“Ehehehe, neh, Yonggukkie~” Himchan smiled innocently.

“Are you harassing ~~~~ again?” Yongguk’s eyes bore into Himchan’s.

“Of course not~” Himchan sang. “Right, ~~~~?”

You looked at their expressions – Himchan’s angelic face, Yongguk’s determined face, and the two maknae’s smirks. You inwardly smiled. “Himchan oppa tried to me!” you wailed.

“W-what?!” Himchan’s jaw fell open. Jongup and Zelo bent over from laughing so hard.

Yongguk tried to suppress his own grin. “Yah. Kim Himchan – come with me.”

“Yonggukkieeeee! I didn’t do anything!” Himchan tried to pull aegyo. “Our dongsaengs are just playing with us, right?”

“Why would ~~~~~ lie to me, huh? It’s so much more believable that you tried to her, right?”

You, Jongup and Zelo were almost crying with laughter – Himchan was holding onto Yongguk’s side like a koala, trying to pull as many aegyo faces as possible.

Finally, you called out to Yongguk while still laughing. “Yongguk oppa, you can let Himchan oppa go now.”

“Okay~” Yongguk promptly dropped Himchan, earning a loud groan from the latter.

“Yongguk, you .” Himchan pouted, picking himself up off the floor.

“You, too! How could you treat your hyung like that, huh?!” Himchan glared at Jongup and Zelo, who were grinning goofily.

“We didn’t do anything, hyung!” Jongup protested.

“Yeah, Himchannie hyung is so mean~ Picking on us for nothing!” Zelo faked a cry, burrowing his head into Jongup’s shoulder.

You shook your head at the comical sight before turning around to start on dinner.

-

“She really – AISH!” Jung Ah threw the newspaper on the floor, seething.

“How come she gets all the publicity?” Ji Yeon glared at the now-discarded newspaper.

“How come she even got to GO to Lotte World with them?” Ji Young spat while biting on her nails. “This is just too unfair. She is so… ugh!”

“Thinks she’s all that because she’s suddenly head stylists for one photo shoot, and gets praise for her fluke?” Jung Ah stood up from her spot on the couch. “We need to ask Chief Kang about this, really! This untreatment…”

“OR… we can just let her know a little lesson by ourselves.” Ji Young smirked. “Nothing serious… not anything childish. But something to let her know that we’re more senior to her. She should respect us!” 

 

Sorry for not updating! I SERIOUSLY DID NOT KNOW THIS CHAPTER WOULD BE SO LONG... and I write out my chapter BY HAND before hand and then type it up... and unfortunately I'm going camp for three days and two nights tomorrow (wed-fri) so no updates then... but hopefully this long chapter makes up for it? I TYPED IT ALL UP IN AN HOUR.. and now my hand feels kind of... dead. LOLOLL 

Okay! Also, I put in Chief Kang as the manager, because I didn't want to use 'manager' or some random OC. So yeah. :D Hope thats okay with you all~

Anyway, I have to go to bed now ;~; Not reaaally looking forward to this camp, but eh, whatever. See you guys on Friday onwards! :D

comment and subscribe !

theduck