03

WHAT DO YOU MEAN, I'M THEIR STYLIST?

 

 

It was your first day actually being BAP’s stylist, and you had to get them ready for their photoshoot later on in the day. You were nervous and jittery. It was fine when you picked out clothes for yourself and your friends (they always asked for your help whenever they were picking clothes out for a date, especially Eun Mi), but as a profession? You were scared that you would screw up, especially on your first day.

At breakfast, all of BAP were eating quite happily, except you. You were so nervous, you were barely touching your breakfast.

“Noona?” Zelo questioned. “Why aren’t you eating?”

You look up at him and made a small smile. “It’s nothing, Zelo. I’m just a bit nervous…”

Youngjae scoffed. “Just a bit? You look like you’re about to keel over from anxiousness.”

“Noona~ Don’t be nervous! I’m sure you’ll be fine!” Zelo tried to reassure you.

You smiled. “Aw… Thanks, Zelo.”

“Well, we should get going! Noona’s at 1st Look will probably get mad at us if we’re late!” Jongup stood up and put his plate in the sink.

You look over at the clock – 10:27am. You had to be down at the photoshoot at 11, whereas BAP could be there half an hour later. Seeing as you were going to the same place and half an hour wasn’t much difference, BAP decided to head down with you anyways. "Shall we go?" Daehyun suggested, and all of you started to put away your dishes.

A few minutes later, you were all piling into the company van and sped off to the photoshoot. As the ride progressed, you were becoming more and more nervous; you kept fidgeting in your seat and playing with the hem of your shirt. Himchan noticed, and spoke up. “~~~~~! Do you need me to hug you so you stay still?! You’re moving around like crazy…”

You looked up at him. You hadn’t even noticed you were fidgeting; you were just immersed in your own thoughts. “Ah… sorry, oppa. I’ll stop! Don’t hug me.”

Himchan pouted. “Wae? Don’t you want a hug from your precious, beloved, AWESOME, Himchan oppa? All the fangirls probably wouldn’t be happy at your response, ~~~~~ ah~” Himchan winked at you.

You rolled your eyes. “Himchan oppa, you’re so greasy…”

“That’s why he’s the visual of the group. Manager hyung wanted to put his greasiness to good use!” Yongguk grinned.

You giggled. “He’s obviously very smart, then.”

“YAH! Manager hyung chose me as the visual because no-one can match, or resist, my iness!” Himchan glared at Yongguk. “Don’t be so jealous.”

“Who’s jealous, huh!” Yongguk retorted.

“Mehrong! You are, because you aren’t as beautiful as me!” Himchan stuck out his tongue.

While the oldest two bickered, you and the other members of BAP were just giggling at their silly antics. “Are you still nervous, ~~~~~-ah?” Youngjae asked you, ignoring the two which were still arguing.

“Not as much,” you smiled. “Oppa’s are good at making me laugh.”

“Well, we’ve had practice! Do you know how nervous Zelo and Jongup were on our debut stage? They almost burst into tears.” Yongguk stopped throwing words at Himchan and snickered.

“Hyungg!” Zelo pouted. “Don’t make me seem so unmanly!”

You laughed. “I can’t imagine that. You’re so confident on stage…”

“Noona watches our stages?” Jongup’s eyes lit up. You nodded.

“~~~~~! I’m the most iest on stage, right?” Himchan put his face right in front of yours, smiling expectedly.

*He’s so close… ohmygod ohmygod our noses are almost touching omghfiomhsoimoie* You turned a bright red. “U-uhm…”

“Yay! We’re here!” Zelo yelled suddenly, and hopped out of the van. You had arrived at the studio.

You sighed. *Thank god. Saved by Zelo…* you quickly jump out of the van after Zelo before Himchan could demand an answer from you.

Walking into the studio for 1st Look, you noticed many stylists were already there, talking about today’s photo shoot. Well that’s what you thought they were talking about, anyway. But when you walked past them, you overheard their conversation. Which wasn’t about the photoshoot at all – it was about you. [A/N: I’m not sure if there is actually a studio or anything… just pretend theres a backstage, kind of like the Inkigayo/Music Core/Music Bank backstage.]

“Tch. She thinks she’s so special, just because she’s the head stylist right away? We’ve been with them ever since their debut and we’ve never once been as recognized as her!” One of them gossiped.

“There are rumors that she even LIVES with them because the manager couldn’t ‘find a place for her to live’. Since when does he give about where we live? We have to pay for our own houses! How come she gets free housing, huh?!” another one said.

“There are rumours that she’s the daughter of Bang Corporation’s CEO! She must’ve asked her father to get into this job…”

“Really? I heard she seduced the manager!”

“Either way, she must’ve used some horrible means to get in! I bet she isn’t even a good stylist, either…”

That was all you heard of their conversation before you walked off, trying not to listen to them and let their words hurt you. BAP had also heard their conversation and tried to chase after you, yelling words out like “Noona! Don’t listen to them! They’re just jealous!” “~~~~~-ah, I’m sure you’ll choose something super y for me that will blow them away from my sheer iness!”

You turned around to face them, and tried to smile. “Thanks oppas. It’s okay though, don’t worry about me! I have to go prepare for you guys. Why don’t you go relax?” you waved goodbye to them.

“Ah… okay…” sighing in defeat, BAP walked off. *Thanks for your support, oppas. I’ll make sure to show you, and the other stylist, what I can do!* You rush off over to wardrobe.

At the photoshoot, half an hour later

“Ok guys! Change into these, please.” You headed towards where BAP was waiting, still in normal clothes. You put down six sets of outfits on a nearby table.

“Ne, noona!” Jongup and Zelo grabbed their clothes and went off to change right away.

Daehyun seemed a little reluctant to leave, though, even after everyone else had left to go change.. You looked up at him from your clipboard. “Daehyun oppa? Why aren’t you going off to change?” you asked him.

“You’re alright… right? Those stylists haven’t gotten to you, right?” Daehyun asked, after a pause.

“It’s ok, oppa. Really, I’m fine. Go change!” you shoo him off, giving him a smile. Looking at you one last time, he followed the others out to change.

*Phew… that’s done. Now I can just go and relax and watch the photoshoot.* you blow your fringe out of your eyes, and decide to go off to the cafeteria to get something to drink.

While walking towards the cafeteria, you pass the other stylists again. *Ignore them, ~~~~~. Just walk right by them, and don’t listen to them! Don’t take anything they say to heart.* Still, you couldn’t help but hear them talk while you walked past.

“She even calls them oppa! Really, who does she think she is.”

“She dressed them ALL in shades of white and blue. Really! How does she think that will look nice on them?!”

You bit your lip. *I thought it would look nice and make them seem uniform… after all, it’s similar to what they did with their hair color.* Trying to keep back tears, you run off to the cafeteria.

BAP’s Managers POV (weird, I know. But important!)

Rushing over to the other stylists, I was wondering where ~~~~~ was. “Girls, have you seen where ~~~~~ is? She did an amazing job at choosing today’s outfits. And it’s her first day on the job, too!” the other stylists stood there, staring at me with their mouths agape. Was there something on my face? “Well…? Have you seen her anywhere?” I asked again. Gosh, these stylists, sometimes.

“Uh, no…” one of them finally decided to answer me.

I nodded. “Okay, thanks. Do you know where she is, at least?” they shook their heads. I sighed. “Ok, I guess I’ll find her later then.”

Taking out my phone, the other stylists quickly turned to each other and started talking to each other in hushed voices. I shrugged them off, and headed back towards the photoshoot in case anything went wrong. Again.

Chocolate Stylist POV

“I can’t believe this! She actually got PRAISED?” Jung Ah spat.

“We’ve never, EVER been praised by the manager before!” Ji Yeon wailed.

“What was so good about her outfits, huh! It was so plain. I bet she really DID seduce the manager…” I said, seething in anger. “Let’s go…”

Your POV (2nd person, ‘you’)

After getting a coffee, you head back towards the photoshoot. You let out a sigh of relief when you see the other stylists have gone.

“NOONA!” Zelo came running up to you. It looks like you had come in during their break.

You smiled. “Hi, Zelo. How’s the photoshoot so far?”

“Really fun~ I love the clothes noona picked out for us,” Zelo grinned at you. “You have to pick out my clothes for me more often, neh!”

“ANDWAEE! ~~~~~ can only pick out clothes for me!” Himchan came running over.

“Nooo! Noona can pick out my clothes, too!” Jongup pouted. You smiled. *These boys.*

“~~~~~-ah! We’re almost finished our break… then we have our final group photos, and then we’re going to Korean BBQ with everyone! Do you want to come?” Youngjae asked.

“Ah… nah, it’s okay. I think I’ll head back to the apartment first…” You weren’t exactly in the mood to eat with the other stylists in such close proximity. “Thank you for the offer, though.”

Zelo pouted. “Aw, I wanted to eat BBQ with noona…”

You patted his head. “Maybe another time.”

“2 MINUTES!” Someone yelled over the general chatter.

“Seeing as we’re leaving right after the photoshoot, why don’t we take a photo with ~~~~~ first? Seeing as this is her first photo shoot!” Yongguk suggested.

Daehyun piped up. “That’s a good idea. Who has a camera?”

The others shook their heads. “Manager hyung has our phones…” Youngjae bit his lip. “There’s no time to go get it, either.”

“I have mine.” You pull out your phone from your shorts pocket.

“Yay! We can take photos now!” Zelo cheered.

The seven of you decided to take selcas until someone yelled, “Ten seconds!”

You put away your phone. “You should probably go. I’ll head back now, too.”

“Are you sure you don’t want to go with us?” Himchan pouted. “I want to eat dinner with you, ~~~~~-ah~” he opened his arms to hug you, but Yongguk held him back.

“It’s ok, Himchan oppa. I’m tired. Go have fun at dinner!” you reassured him.

“BAP! We’re shooting!!”

“Let’s go, then. Go ask manager hyung for the keys to the apartment, ~~~~~. Take care while heading back, okay?” Yongguk patted your head.

“Thanks, Yongguk oppa. Have fun at the BBQ~” you waved.

“BAP!” someone yelled again.

“Bye, noona~” Zelo and Jongup waved back and left back to the photoshoot.

“See you later!” Daehyun and Youngjae followed them.

“Don’t miss me too much, okay ~~~~~?” Himchan winked.

“Be careful getting home.” Yongguk walked back, dragging a protesting Himchan who had tried to rope you in for a hug.

You waved back at them, trying as hard as hard as you could to ignore the looks that the other stylists were giving you from a corner of the studio. Sighing, you grabbed your stuff and left.

Yongguk’s POV

“Ah~ We’re finally finished!” Youngjae stretched.

“YAYYY~ Time for BBQ!” Jongup cheered.

“I still wish ~~~~~ noona could eat with us.” Zelo pouted.

I shook my head. “Silly Zelo… We LIVE with her. We can eat with her any time.”

“For now, let’s just go eat! I’m so hungry… they didn’t even give us food, and we’ve been shooting since 11:30… it’s been like seven hours!” Daehyun complained.

I was about to open my mouth to agree, but quickly stopped when my stomach felt like something was punching it from the inside. “Urgh.” I groaned.

“Hyung?” Youngjae looked at me, a worried look at his face. “Are you okay?”

“I feel like someone’s punching me in the stomach repeatedly.” I groaned again.

“It’s that time of the month,” Himchan snickered. I punched him. “Ow, hyung! That’s going to bruise my beautiful skin!”

“You deserve it,” I muttered. “Maybe I shouldn’t go eat with you guys.”

“Hyung!” Zelo whined. “First ~~~~~ noona, now you?” I smiled weakly.

“Mianhe. You guys go first! I’ll text manager hyung to say sorry that I couldn’t make it.”

“Okay! Bye, Yongguk hyung. Palli, Palli! Let’s go eat. I’m so hungry!” Daehyun rushed out the door, and the others followed him.

Back at the apartment – Yongguk POV

Taking out Himchan’s keys, I opened the door slowly just in case ~~~~~ was asleep - the same reason why I took a spare set of keys. After all, she did say she was tired, and the last thing I wanted to do was to be locked out…

The apartment was quiet, and I guess taking Himchan’s keys wasn’t a bad idea after all. Walking in, I saw this… lump of clothes on the living room sofa, all bunched up. Was that… ~~~~~? Walking closer, I noticed her brown hair poking out of the clothes. Why was she sleeping out here? I brushed the hair out in front of her face. Her cheeks were… wet? Had she been crying? It couldn’t have been because of those stylists, could it…

“Pabo. You shouldn’t be sleeping here.” I whispered, and picked her up, carrying her into her room. She hadn’t unpacked; all the boxes were still littered everywhere. I took extra care in not tripping over anything, and laid her carefully onto the bed and tucked her under the covers.

I stared at her for a while, taking in her features. Long eyelashes, full lips, brown hair that seemed to fall in the right places… she was actually really pretty. I felt my cheeks go red. *Yah Bang Yongguk! Why are you standing here, watching your stylist sleep? You pedo!* I left her room quickly, hitting my forehead against my palm repeatedly. *Pabo. Pabo.*

 

OKAY! So this chapter is FINALLY up! I spent all day writing it, phew. With breaks, of course. I wrote it all out on paper, and my hand died D:

Anyway, I’M REALLY SORRY I haven’t updated since Sunday. Long chapter to make up for it? :)  Anyway, here’s some good news: I’m on holidays for two weeks, yayayay! So I’ll be updating whenever I can, seeing as I’ll have more free time. I already have the plotlines up to chapter 8 planned out, and have the rest of the story briefly outlined in my head. ^^

Sorry for lack of Daehyun in this chapter! :| I wanted to keep him having a kind of mysterious and quiet personality, so he didn’t really kind of fit into this chapter. I tried to give him a little moment, though!

btw, do you like my poster? LOL. First time doing something real on photoshop, I guess. P: I hope you like it! ^^

ONE MORE THING WHICH IS SUPER. SUPER IMPORTANT.

Basically, I’ve decided it’s about time for the love triangle to kind of surface, and I’m kind of torn between who I should choose. So I decided to pick out of the eldest three – Daehyun, Himchan and Yongguk. I didn’t really want to choose the maknaes, sorry! ^^’ They’re too cute to be ruined by a relationship P:

So basically, I’ve decided to kind of make a deal. On this poll, vote for who you want to be part of the love triangle. The top two will be picked! Don’t worry for the person who doesn’t get picked out of the three, though – he’ll still play an important role in my story.’

So what’s in it for you? Well, I’ve decided that I will try and update every two days – normally. But, seeing as this is a pretty important part of the story, I’ve decided to give a… reward, I guess? Basically, if I get 10 votes, I’ll update tomorrow. But if I get over 20, then I’ll double update! Sounds good, yes? SO GET VOTING! ^^

Of course if this doesn’t work then I’ll just update in two days. P: Although I’m pretty sure I should get at least 10 votes. 20 I’m a bit iffy about, BUT HEY. PROVE ME WRONG, RIGHT? ;)

Anyway, have a nice day! See you next chapter. (Which is hopefully tomorrow!)

remember to comment and subscribe. :)