At a Cafe; Love Intervention

Can I Borrow Some Sugar?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On Wednesday, Minho was taken to a fancy-looking café that Taemin once mentioned working at. It had a calming feel to it even though there were a lot of customers and the smell of coffee was strong but bearable.

  Today was Taemin’s day off and he had requested this free day in advance so that he could hang out with Minho as planned. The manager of the café (Taemin’s boss) is rather strict and would never usually allow any of her employees to take days off, but seeing as this was the lovely and beautiful Lee Taemin who was asking, only yes was the answer she would ever give. It was obvious that she was very attracted to him, as most female and some male customers are.   After ordering and taking their drinks, Taemin led Minho over to his favourite spot in the café, which is a corner near a large window. Once they both sat down, Taemin shook his jacket off from his shoulders but kept his scarf wrapped snugly around his neck as, and then tore open a small sachet of sugar.   “Do you really work here?” Minho asked, surprised that someone like Taemin to worked in such an ordinary place.   “Of course. Anyone can be a waiter or waitress.”    “Jinki-hyung can’t.” Minho mumbled before taking a sip of his coffee.   “Who?” Taemin wondered, his body slightly leaned over the table to be closer to Minho.   “Nothing.” Minho shook his head to dismiss having to talk about his clumsy strange hyung. “You want to know what I think of this place?”   “Sure, okay.”   Minho looked around the cafe once more and settled on his answer. “To be honest, I feel more relaxed sitting in this place with you then I did the other day.” He answered before lifting up his cup again.   “Why is that?”   “When I came here before, I wasn’t alone. I was with…SeoYun.”    The name alone explained so much to Taemin and Minho himself. A picture didn’t need to be implanted in to their minds to be able to recall everything, it was just simply laid out before them naturally. This very café is the place SeoYun chose to meet Minho just before sugar became her enemy after it attacked her.    Out of all the cafes in Seoul, who would've thought they'd come to this one?   “Oh, I’m sorry.” Taemin muttered, feeling guilty.   “Don't be, you didn't know.”   Taemin bit his lip nervously and looked away, nodding along even if he didn't agree. Apologies weren't going to make any opinions about him change and they certainly weren't going to erase what happened yesterday. “....This is the only café within walking distance though.” He mentioned.   “She used her car to come here.” Minho said with a shrug, not completely catching the point that was trying to be made.   Taemin sighed and placed his hands around his half-empty but still warm cup of tea. “But still, the sugar part was my idea and therefore my fault.” He shamefully admitted.   “I know.” Minho sighed. Getting in to this all over again would do him no favours, especially if he'd only end up crying all day and night again. Even to himself he sounded pathetic, and it wasn't a secret that Taemin thought so too, otherwise they wouldn't be hanging out together in this cafe at all.   “I should’ve never given you that advice!”   “You’re right, you shouldn’t have.”   “I really don’t know what to say, Minho.”   “Then don’t say anything, Taemin.”   Taemin’s hands wrestled with his hair as he groaned in frustration. “You loved her, like...seriously loved her!” He exclaimed.   Minho took a sip of his coffee, which he noticed was bitter. But whether that was because he had forgotten to put sugar in it or whether it was because of how he felt, was a mystery. “I still love her now.” He corrected as he opened up a sachet of sugar, poured it in his coffee and began stirring it around.   “I guess in all of this mess though I think I can understand why you did what you did, sort of.”   Minho wondered if he had misheard that last statement. “...Excuse me?”   Taemin looked straight in to Minho's eyes, something he was sure he wouldn't be able to do for the time being out of guilt and shame, and grabbed both of his hands in his own in a gentle way. He wasn't sure how right his instincts were in this situation, but seeing his source of comfort and closure unhappy at the loss of a loved one saddened him deeply, and he wanted to fix everything.   Minho furiously looked around the room and prayed that they hadn’t suddenly became the centre of attention in the entire cafe.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter