Knight in shining armour

I never thought it'd be you ~ [ON HIATUS]

Soon we were up on the restaurant at Mount Faber. The weather was getting cooler. Zelo and Himchan were busy stuffing their mouths with food that they nearly choked. Sometimes I do wonder who are the hyung and the dongsaeng ~ surprisingly we finished our food early. I took the boys out to walk around Mount Faber since the sun was about to set. A perfect romantic getaway right? I couldn’t help but to smile at myself. How I wish …

As the restaurant was at the very top, we had to walk down a long stretch of steps to reach the main road. The boys made their way down first; Zelo and Himchan were playing a game of catch while Yongguk and Jongup were busily talking. Daehyun and Youngjae were together talking too. From behind it warms my heart seeing both of them smile and interact. If I could keep this up for a week, I’d be satisfied with myself… A week, no actually 6 more days left. I sighed deeply and my steps slowed down a bit. I didn’t even realise I was far behind them.

“Hazel-ah, you ok?” I heard a recognizable voice. I looked up to see Youngjae beside me.

“Yeah I’m fine. Just distracted. How’s Singapore for you so far?” I questioned him back.

“Interesting and warm.” He replied.

*awkward silence* actually it was more of us appreciating each other’s presence. I bit my lip as I stole a glance at him.

“Why?” he asked. I shook my head and smiled to myself.

“Ani, oh but may I ask something? If it’s uncomfortable though you do not need to answer me.” I asked.

“Yeah, ok. Shoot.”

“Why were you so quiet yesterday? You were down since yesterday afternoon. Was it something I did?”

Youngjae stopped in his tracks for a while before continuing his walk; all before I could realise he was lagging behind. *I wish you knew Hazel. Somehow I want to get closer to you but …*

“Sorry about that. And no. It is not you. I was just … jet-lagged.”

“Oh…”

“Don’t worry. I’m usually not like that. Daehyun can vouch for me” *yeah… him* He smiled at me with his genuine smile. I smiled at him back. Our eyes locked with each other. Somehow I knew he was hiding something from me but I couldn’t bear to pry him for more details. After all, I couldn’t expect him to spill his personal secrets to me. ONE: we were in public. TWO: They barely knew me. But that perfect moment when Youngjae and I looked into each other’s eyes. No words exchanged. It made me feel like I could rely on him. That was all till...

“NOONA!!!!!!!! I WANT ICE CREAM” Zelo bellowed. *oh that dear boy, forever hungry*

“Araso!!!” I replied as I shook my head and went towards him. I glanced back at Youngjae and smiled at him.

We made our way to an ice cream stop where an uncle was selling ice creams. The boys were sitting on a bench nearby. Daehyun was helping me to carry the ice creams as I paid the uncle.  Daehyun went ahead to pass the ice cream to the boys. Just when I placed my wallet in my bag, a middle aged man grabbed my bag and pushed me to the side as he dashed through the walkway.

“YA!” I screamed as I landed on the floor with a loud thud. The impact from his body weight made me fall face flat however I was quick to support my body weight with my hands. All the B.A.P members heard the commotion and came scurrying to me. Yongguk saw what happened earlier from the corner of his eye and ran towards the man. Jongup and Zelo caught on to their hyung’s action and immediately sprinted towards the man.

My knees were scrapped and were bleeding. The pain was bearable howver it still stung a lot. The palms of my hands were slightly bruised but nothing major. Daehyun, Youngjae and Himchan rushed to me asking if I was fine. I gave them a smile assuring that I was alright but Himchan caught sight of my bloodied knees. He opened the cap of the water bottle he had with him and lightly washed my bruise. I winced in pain begging Himchan to stop.

“Mmmm fine, yeah right Hazel. You’re really bad at lying you know” Himchan retorted as he carried me up to a bench and continued to clean my wound. Daehyun sat beside me and took my hand in his.

“Squeeze my hand if you’re in pain. Don’t hide it”

“Oppa, but I’m really fine. Yongguk oppa need not have ran after him”

“Really?! And to think we ran all the way for you!” Yongguk’s voice boomed as he approached us breathless.  Zelo and Jongup held the man captive in an arm lock. *WOW, that was fast*

“Oppa… how?”

“Too bad for this guy, Jongup here practically lives in the gym 24/7 whereas Zelo is blessed with extremely long legs” The man in captive lowered his head in shame.  Soon, security from the nearby hotel up on Mt Faber came to drag the man away. I limped towards the security guards begging them not to spread the news about today’s event. After all I was fine. The security guards gave me queer looks questioning my intentions but I merely told them that I didn’t want any drama. Luckily for us they complied. *Phew, temporarily B.A.P’s whereabouts are still safe*

“Thank you ~ “I bowed as I watched them walk away. I turned to face the boys. Every one of them gave me worried looks as they stared at me limping.

“Oppa I’m fine really, I just ---aaahhh---“ I closed my eyes and braced for the impact. Nothing. I opened my eyes to see myself in the arms of Himchan.

“Again… Bad at lying Hazel” With a quick lift, Himchan had me on his back. He refused to let me down despite me flailing and repeatedly hitting his back insisting I was fine. Yongguk simply shook his head and had his arms slung over Zelo and Jongup, ruffling their hairs like a proud father.

“Let’s go!” Yongguk beamed. Youngjae and Daehyun glanced at each other and smirked. Youngjae ran beside Zelo whereas Daehyun ran beside Jongup and they made their way down. Behind that smile someone was hurting inside. *I wished that was me carrying you Hazel*

“YA, HAZEL STOP SQUIRMING. You’re not that light!”

“OPPA!” I smacked him on his back. I glanced to the back seeing the other members smiling and laughing. *Finally, I think I made their day here fun.* The sky was getting dark. Unknowingly, I had fallen asleep on Himchan’s back as we made our way into the van back into the hotel. The last thing I remembered was that Himchan had placed me on my bed, tucking me in being careful about my bruises.

-------------------------------------------------

1am

Unfortunately for me the pain on my knees was starting to sting again. I had twist and turned in my sleep causing the friction with the bed sheets to only worsen the injury. I sat up and blew on my knees. I puffed my cheeks. *No choice Hazel, you need to treat it now.* I slowly limped to the door and made my way to the kitchen. The night was dark but the full moon brightened the living room just enough for me to navigate myself.

“Ow……” I yelped in silence when my toe kissed the side of the table chair. Great, another injury. Now literally hopping I carried the first aid kit to the sofa. Lifting my legs up I rubbed my toe first as the throbbing pain was too much to bear. As I cursed myself for being a fool, I looked up to see Youngjae by the balcony; sitting with his back facing me.

*Why’s he still awake?*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOOTS! Yesh I'm diligently updating so do comment. AND I PROMISE YOU NEXT CHAPTER IS *melts* Love you all for supporting *MUACKS ><*