Elation

The Last Written Piece

I mentally curse my life as Yesung dragged me towards the huge cage filled with birds. “Um, Yesung? Why are we here?” I asked, knowing his answer wouldn’t answer my question in the slightest.

 He looked back at me, squeezing my hand that was clasped in his. “Well, obviously, we’re here to look at some birdies!” he exclaimed excitedly.

“Yes, I realized, but why are we doing it at this hour? It’s almost midnight!” I squeaked the last part of my sentence when I felt a pair of wings flutter much to close to my head for my liking.

“But owls are asleep during the day! I just wanted to see them while they were awake,” he whined. I could sense his pout through the darkness, and I sighed. I should be paid for this or something.

“We can barely see anything,” I muttered.

“I brought a flashlight!” he assured me whilst turning said flashlight on.

I gasped. We were completely surrounded by owls; their huge eyes all staring us down. “Ah, aren’t they beautiful?” Yesung smiled up at them, making sure to wave quite enthusiastically.

Despite all the creepy owls glaring at me, I couldn’t help but smile at Yesung. He’s so cute. Sure, he’s a bit odd, but he was just too adorable not to love. “Hey, Yesung oppa. Someone actually told me that you looked an owl earlier,” I tell him as we continue to walk through the huge cage by the guidance of the light of his torch.

He stopped walking, and turned to me. “Who?” I giggled and shrugged. “Who? Who? Who?!”

I gave him a look, and his lips form an ‘O’ in realization. He chuckled. “Yah, you think you’re so funny don’t, you?”

“I’m hilarious,” I said, sticking my tongue out at him.

“Is that so?” Yesung  tilted his head to the side before suddenly attacking my sides with his fingers. “Who’s funny now, huh?”

I squirmed and squealed, begging him to stop tickling me. “You are, you are!” I gasped. “Stop tickling me, oppa!”

“Alright, if you insist,” he sighed. He continued to laugh as I collapsed to the floor, tired from laughing so much. His elation began to piss me off, so I decided to wipe the smile off his face by kicking him in the shin.

“Jerk!” I stick my tongue out at him once again before running away, forgetting about the darkness ahead.  “Eep!” I trip over my own feet and cry out. Oh crap, that hurts. I definitely twisted something.

The bright light from Yesung’s flashlight approached me, forcing me to cover my eyes with my hands. “Are you okay?” he asked worriedly. He took one look at my face, and nodded. “I’m guessing no.”

He took my hand, hoisting me onto his back. Grunting at the weight, he adjusted both our positions so that we’re more comfortable.  I wrapped my arms around his neck and bury my face into his shoulder. “You’re totally enjoying this.”

“So what if I am?” he asked, obviously smiling.

“I love you, Owl Oppa,” I giggled and kissed his cheek.

“I love you, to— wait, what did you just call me?”

“Owl Oppa. Now, let’s get out of here, your brethren are giving me the creeps.”

“I’m not an owl!” he whined.


(A/N): This doesn't really have anything with the word elation. But it's based on a dream I had two days ago, so yeah. Woohoo! Yesung!

547 words