Reaction

The Last Written Piece

Jungsu sat there, not moving. People called his name, but he couldn’t hear them. Not really. He continued to stare at nothing. Nothing. Nothing.

That’s what he was: nothing. Everything, all he’s worked for, all they’ve worked for, was falling apart, crumbling before his eyes. He could do nothing about it. This was the end. As he sat there silently, he wondered if he could have done anything to prevent this.

This. What was this?

Too many things were happening too fast. What had he done wrong? He made sure to be a good hyung, to provide love and comfort to those who needed it. He shared all their pain and all their heartbreaks, but he kept his own tears to himself. Not a single tear was to fall for his sake.

It wasn’t enough, though. Morning came, and Hankyung was gone. Just gone. All that was left was a piece of paper that read I’m sorry. The dorm broke into a panic, and everyone attempted to contact the Chinese member.

His dongsaengs were scared. Scared that there was one less. One less to share their success, their happiness, everything they had just achieved with. Except it wasn’t only one now; it was three. Three members had gone and not even a year had passed.

All of them were hurting, Jungsu knew. Super Junior--ELF--he failed them. He failed to keep them together as he promised. If he couldn’t even do that, what was the point? His efforts to do anything were useless. He was so useless.

Their hearts broke. And so did Jungsu’s. They let the remains just lay there, while Jungsu took the pieces of his, and gave it to each of them. He couldn’t stand seeing them so empty.

The members gathered around their leader, watching the tears roll down his face, the strangled cries he choked out almost unbearable to hear. They called out to him, but they were ignored. The leader had finally broken, and they were unsure of what to do. When Kibum had decided to pursue his career in acting, he just nodded and gave the boys a pat on the back. When Kangin was forced to leave, Jungsu seemed a bit uneasy, but he still kept strong. Now, he was sobbing, sobbing harder than ever.

All the emotions he felt, all the pain that he’s gone through, just burst out, along with the tears he’s held in for so many years. It was a delayed reaction to what he’s gone through, a delayed reaction that was so overwhelming that everything came out, leaving nothing behind. Only Jungsu was left. Not Leeteuk, not Teukie hyung, not Angel Leader, not any of that. Only Jungsu.

Suddenly, he felt a hand squeeze his shoulder, and looked up to find the maknae. Kyuhyun’s swollen eyes and red nose indicated that he had been crying too, but he smiled at Jungsu; a weak smile that held a silent promise. They were going to get through this. This wouldn’t stop them. They didn’t get this far only to give up now. No, there was still plenty of sapphire blue to spread. And they were going to do it.

Because they’re Super Junior: The last man standing.


(A/N): So, um, yeah. I decided to take that idea you gave me for 'Never', and just wrote it on here. I DON'T KNOW OKAY. It's a bit too much, isn't it? Anyway, yeah, this took me really long. I don't know why I'm feeling so angsty these days, it just works. Er, anyway, yeah, bye.

538 words