Chapter 6 - The Cousin

✩ What Goes Around, Comes Around

 

“Seunghyun, stop this car. Right. Now.” I said in between my teeth. I was so angry, I could have just jumped out then and there.

“Eunji-ah, he’s only my cousin. He’s not my brother.” Seunghyun reasoned.

“I don’t care! Stop driving and let me out!” I yelled. My fingers hooked around the car door’s latch, silently threatening to jump out myself if he didn’t stop. Seeing that I was ready to escape at any given moment, Seunghyun didn’t risk my life and drove the car off to the side of the road. Once he reached a full stop, I hopped immediately out of his car, slamming the door as angrily as I could.

“Eunji-ah! Wait!” He called after me. Seunghyun grabbed my wrist. “Why is this a big deal to you? It’s not like we are extremely close relatives. I hardly talk to him nowadays.”

I pulled my arm away from his grip. “You knew how hard it is for me to face him, to even talk to him! And then here you come along, revealing that you’re that idiot’s cousin? How do I know that you’re just a spy for Jiyong, huh? What, did he hire you to pry my deepest emotions so you can later disclose them to him?”

Seunghyun looked at me like I was from a different planet. “What are you talking about? I told you, I don’t talk to him much. And besides,” Seunghyun oppa smirked, throwing me a bit off-guard, “no one hires me. I hire them.”

I rolled my eyes. “That’s beside the point. Tell me! Did Jiyong ask you to make me fall in love with you so I can make a fool of myself?”

“Where are you getting these ideas? You should hear how eccentric you sound right now. In a way, I find it adorable.”

I pouted. “Choi Seunghyun! I’m not being funny!”

“Eunji,” Seunghyun said, looking me straight in the eyes. “Jiyong never asked me to do anything. It’s just coincidental that you happened to be his ex, and that I happened to be his cousin. Before I met you, I never told a lot people about Jiyong being my cousin. One of the reasons is, as I’ve mentioned multiple times already, that I hardly ever talk to him. Today was just the first time we’ve spoken.”               

“How do I know you’re not the same as him? How do I know you won’t become cold as him whenever you feel like it?” I asked.

“Well, let me answer that with another question: how do I know you won’t treat me the same way you treated Jiyong when you broke up with him?”

I scowled. He had a point there. “Ugh, fine. But I’m not going inside that car with you,” I said, crossing my arms.

“Then what are you going to do? Walk home?” Seunghyun oppa challenged.

I glared at him. He smirked at me, making me feel a little weak in the knees. Secretly, I wish Jiyong was here with me, because I was slowly getting attracted to Seunghyun oppa and the only way I could stop myself is by seeing Jiyong’s face again. “You know what? I’ll do just that. It’s not far anyway,” I lied, turning around and heading towards no particular direction.

Just as I took a few steps away, rain started to pour. I turned around, facing Seunghyun. He was laughing at me. I was getting wet and cold, and he was laughing. Frustrated, I stomped my way back inside his car. He got in with me, and tried to stifle in his laughter. I continued glaring at him.

“Are you done?” I asked him.

Seunghyun nodded. “Oh, Eunji, you never fail to amuse me.”

“Hmph.”

Seunghyun started the car. “Well, shall we? I think it’s too late to turn around and drop you home. It’s only a five more minute drive to our destination.”

I crossed my arms again. “Whatever.”

Seunghyun continued driving, a smile still plastered on his face.

I was too angry to speak, but I couldn’t help but ask where he was taking me.

“Almost there, you’ll see.” Seunghyun oppa said.

Seunghyun stopped in front of a huge amusement park. I looked around and saw that we were the only ones there.

“Isn’t this the new amusement park that was supposed to open in January?” I asked him.

He smirked. “My father’s company owns this. So, as part of the board of Choi Corporation, I get exclusive access even before the official opening.” He offered his hand to me. “Will you join me?”

I grinned, taking his hand. It’s been a while since I went and had fun like this. The last time I ever went to Lotte World was a year ago….

With Jiyong.

Although I looked happy in the outside, my heart secretly ached as it reminisced in the things Ji and I enjoyed while we were at an amusement park. Though he was smarter, taller, richer, and maybe even more handsome, Seunghyun oppa could never compare to my Jiyong.

“What do you want to do first?” Seunghyun asked me, as we entered the park. It was huge. Everything about it looked so lovely, and everywhere you turned there was always something fun to do.

I looked at the Merry Go Round at the center of the park. “Let’s go there,” I said, pointing at it. Just like a child, Seunghyun oppa pulled me towards the ride, and then he picked me up himself and placed me on one of the horses.

“Don’t fall off. Management is not responsible for any injuries inflicted on the customers.” Seunghyun joked.

As the ride began to move, I immediately zoned out, thinking what if it was Jiyong with me and not Seunghyun. Noticing that I wasn’t talking, Seunghyun asked me what was wrong.

That’s when I took the opportunity to ask him about Ji. “What were you two talking about earlier?”

“Nothing important,” Seunghyun said nonchalantly. "He asked me what I was doing at your school, and I told him that I was taking you out. He didn’t say much after that because you just came by.”

“Oh…” I said half-heartedly. If only I had stayed away a little longer, he would have said something about me.

Seunghyun once again saw that I was slightly disappointed so he said, “If it makes you feel any better, he looked a bit jealous when I told him what I was doing there.”

 

 

A/N So, it's been revealed! Haha i don't know if this new revelation is alright or what.. I'm thinking maybe it's  a bit too melodramatic, like an overused Kdrama plot! What do you think? I think it's only essential for my plotline because it gets pretty crazy from here... And if you're starting to fall in love with TOP, don't get too used to him, because it's time for Jiyongie to make his big comeback lol. Happy reading you guys! And thanks for all the subs and comments. Only the sixth chapter and already 17 subs. I feel happy! :D