Chapter 12 - "I Still Love Her"

✩ What Goes Around, Comes Around

 

Kwon Jiyong was beyond pissed. It was ironic how the one person he despised the most was now in the same room as him. Had not his mother and father been right there, Jiyong would have been more than willing to strangle Seunghyun to death. The only thing restraining him from further spiteful violence was the fact that he nervously looked at his phone every few minutes, anticipating a call for help, if necessary.

“Well, everything is set up for you. Hope you have a good rest,” Mrs. Kwon told Seunghyun, right after she laid down the rest of the pillows and blankets for him on his makeshift bed. “Sorry if you’re going to settle with sleeping on the floor. Little Jiyong is a bit too stubborn tonight, but we’ll fix up the guest room as soon as possible. “

Jiyong shot his mom an annoyed look, but she simply ignored it, continuing, “If you need anything, your uncle and I are just down the hall. But I’m sure Jiyong would help you out somehow.” Mrs. Kwon turned to leave the room. “Good night.”

As soon as she left, Jiyong immediately plopped down on his bed and threw his comforter over his body. Seunghyun stood awkwardly by the foot of Jiyong’s bed, staring down at his sleeping area that was set up on the floor.

Annoyed, Jiyong sat up. “Well, are you just going to stand there all night? Is that how you fall asleep? At least turn off the lights…”

Seunghyun scowled at him, but proceeded to hit the lights. Already donned in his sleeping attire and ready for bed, he sighed approvingly as he sank into the mattress on the floor. Though he was used to the comfortable bed and lush sheets of his own room, he was content with his cousin’s homey space.

 

“You have that picture of you and Eun Ji still up,” said Seunghyun unexpectedly. Though it was dark, and clearly very late in the evening, he could tell that his cousin was still awake. He had been tossing and turning from where he laid, which probably showed that he was feeling a little uneasy. He heard Jiyong shift a little on his bed, but he was silent. Not expecting a reply, Seunghyun decided to just shut his eyes and fall asleep.

However, Jiyong spoke.

“I can put up pictures that belong to me anytime and any way I want.”

“But you two no longer are together-”

“So?”

“Wouldn’t you want to put up a picture of you and your current girlfriend instead?” asked Seunghyun.

Jiyong hesitated.

“Your stepmother kicked you out because of Eun Ji.”

Seunghyun knew that this was not a question. He knew, also, that Jiyong was just doing that to avoid discussing about that picture of Eun Ji and him. Not wanting to be defeated, he pressed on with the issue.

“Does she know you still have that picture up?”

Jiyong sat up and switched on the lamp on his bedside table. He moved so that he could look down on his cousin from where he laid.

“Look, it’s none of your business, alright? I know that you enjoy poking your nose into other people’s business, because your life clearly , but please, just this once: Shut the hell up and mind your own damn business.”

Surprised by his cousin’s rant, Seunghyun didn’t say a word. Jiyong sunk himself back on his bed, but sat up suddenly. Seunghyun looked up at him, anticipating another outraged babble, but was proven wrong when Jiyong’s tone was suddenly soft.

“It’s pretty obvious, isn’t it?”

Seunghyun sat up. What was his cousin trying to say? He watched as his cousin stared blankly into space, trying to catch a thought that drifted away.

“I love her – I still do.” Jiyong said, turning to look his cousin straight in the eye. “I’ve been hiding it, pushing it aside, but in all honesty… I still love her. I want her to be happy, I want her to move on, but a part of me still wants her for myself. Seeing you with her causes my heart to ache. But what can I do? I lost her once, and I treated her badly. Do you think it’s right for me to suddenly turn around and ask her back? Do you think she deserves for her heart to be toyed with like that? I know she broke up with me for no good reason, but I also know that she feels remorseful. I know that she realized what she did was wrong, but I was also in the fault, too. I shouldn’t have shown her revenge by being so cold.”

Jiyong let out a deep breath. It was strange for him to open up to his cousin, the one guy that he hated the most, but he couldn’t take it anymore. The minute he held onto Eun Ji earlier that afternoon, his pent up emotions began to pour out of him, wanting to be released. When he stood by her at the boardwalk earlier, every part of him was urging him to just grab her and tell her the truth. The only thing stopping him was his mind.

“This wouldn’t have ever happened if I had listened to my heart, instead of my mind. My heart kept telling me to take her back, but my mind said no. My mind told me to teach her a lesson.” A tear escaped Jiyong’s eye. “What kind of man am I to use revenge on the one girl I love?”

Jiyong quickly wiped his eyes before it could get any worse.

Seunghyun stared up at his cousin, who was now letting his mask of defiance down. He had never seen his cousin put forth this sort of emotion, but what really surprised him was the fact that he was relaying such a deep secret to him.

He waited a minute for Jiyong to compose himself, before he spoke.

“I’m sure she still loves you…”

“No,” replied Jiyong, still dabbing his eyes with the edge of his comforter. “I doubt it. She’s so happy with you that it’s impossible-”

“No, stop,” said Seunghyun abruptly. “She loves you. I know it. The way her eyes brighten when she hears your name… I can just tell.”

Jiyong eyed his cousin incredulously. A part of him wanted to believe what he was saying, but another part of him knew that this was the same cousin that cheated and deceived so many. He couldn’t just simply take Seunghyun’s word for it.

“But the funny thing is,” Seunghyun spoke suddenly, “that I’m in love with her, too.”

“Well, that makes the two of us,” Jiyong said.

 

 

________________________________________________________________

A/N: Yahh~ Jiyong finally confesses what he really feels about Eun Ji! The long wait for his feelings is over... But there is still a lot more to reveal! Sorry for taking me a lot longer to get this chapter out. I recently opened up my graphic requests site and I've been getting a lot of poster requests! (You can go ahead and request too, if you like! Just visit my thread over here!) :) So, chapter 13 will appear very soon! What will happen between Seunghyun and Ji now that they both confessed that they both love Eun Ji?? Ahhh~