Forever

Kpop One Stop One Shots

Another one of my "forgotten requests" from pixiecut


“You ready?” Hyun Joong asked as he held her hand even tighter.

“Yes, I’m just really nervous about what the public will think of this.” She replied

He kissed her forehead.

“Don’t be scared Sooyoung, I’m sure if they’re really your fans and they really love you I’m sure they’ll stand behind you no matter what happens and they’ll continue to support you for as long as you’re happy.” He said.

Sooyoung nodded. Hyun Joong then kissed the back of her hand and turned around to open the car door.

They were immediately greeted by lights flashing continuously. Voices overlapped one another so that it was almost impossible for them to understand what they are saying. Hyun Joong held Sooyoung’s hand tighter as they walked towards the building. Sooyoung took a deep breath and got ready to face the press.

 

“Hyun Joong-shii, Sooyoung-shii, what do you say about the scandal?”

“Yes, it is true. We have been dating years now, and we are actually thinking about getting married.” Hyun Joong said as he wrapped his arm around Sooyoung’s waist.

“Sooyoung-shii, what about the rest of Girls’ Generation? What do they think about you and Hyun Joong?”

“Well, I know that my fellow members will support me and continue standing behind me for as long as I am happy. I also hope that my fans will do the same.” Sooyoung replied.

“Now, we heard that you’re already planning to get married? What are you going to do with regards to your career?”

“I have no intention whatsoever to leave Girls’ Generation. I might go on hiatus for a while to prepare for our wedding day but I will always come back for my members and for my fans.” Sooyoung said.

They continued to answer questions of the press until their interview was over. They both headed home and rest after the long tiring day they had.

 

 

*5 Years later*

Hyun Joong and Sooyoung lived their lives as a happy couple after their marriage. They already have a kid, Chunhee, who is already in preschool. They thought that this would last but little did they know that nothing lasts forever.

 

It was a week after Chunhee’s birthday and Hyun Joong was away. Chunhee was already in school so Sooyoung was left alone in the house. She did her usual routine and finished everything she needed to do, she took a shower and looked at herself in the mirror, and she noticed a bruise on her back.

‘I wonder there I got this.’ She thought to herself.

She ignored it and just continued with what she was doing. She pushed it at the back of her mind and soon enough, she forgot all about it.

Days continued to pass and Sooyoung found herself getting more and more tired. She realized that she was getting tired easily as the days passed. She also noticed that she was getting more bruises. When she realized that her bruises were not getting bigger but also spreading, she decided to go to the doctor. After the check-up, she found out that she was diagnosed with cancer stage 4. She felt her whole world crash down, questions started flooding her mind.

‘What about my family? What will happen to our daughter? What will my family do? How can I tell them about all of this?’ she thought to herself.

She walked around town all by herself, the words of the doctor still echoing in her head.

 

*flashback*

“I’m sorry Mrs. Kim, but I’m afraid this means your days are limited.” The doctor said in a straight voice.

“How long?” She asked him, still in shock.

“6 months at the most.” He replied.

“Thank you doc.” She said standing up.

*flashback ends*

 

Unknowingly, tears started flowing down her face.

“I’m dying. What do I do now? Our child is still too young for me to leave him and I can’t bear to think about what Hyun Joong would feel when he finds out about this.” She said to herself.

Confused, she decided to pray. She went to the closest chapel and started to pray.

After praying, she decided to just accept everything and just make the most out of everything. She decided to just make sure to make Chunhee and Hyun Joong happy before she passes away.

When she got home, she prepared her own bucket list, determined to finish it all within her numbered days.

 

4 months later, Sooyoung finally reached the end of her bucket list, there was only one thing left, to surprise Hyun Joong.

She planned it carefully. It was perfect. The moment Hyun Joong arrived home, Sooyoung greeted him by the door. She led him to the kitchen where Sooyoung had cooked him dinner. After that they had a bottle of wine and ate their dinner together. After eating Sooyoung stood up and played their theme song on the player.

“Do you remember the first day we met?” she asked him.

“”excuse me miss, did you drop this/” Hyun Joong asked her reenacting the moment when they first met.

“Oh, thank you. You seem like such a nice guy.” Sooyoung played along.

“Thank you. My name is Kim Hyun Joong.”

“I’m Choi Sooyoung.”

“You’re such a pretty lady. Maybe you would like to have coffee, you know, to get to know each other better?”

“Uhm, we’ll see. Why don’t you give me your number and I’ll give you a call if ever I change my mind.” Sooyoung said playing hard to get.

“I’ll wait for you for a thousand years if I have to miss beautiful.” Hyun Joong said as he kissed her hand.

Suddenly, the song that they danced to during their wedding started to play. Hyun Joong let go of her hand and bowed in front of Sooyoung. Sooyoung on the other hand curtsied and they started dancing. Once the music ended Sooyoung wrapped her arms around Hyun Joong’s neck and kissed him on the lips. Hyun Joong then carried Sooyoung, bridal style, back up to the bedroom. They both lay down on the bed and Hyun Joong wrapped his arms around Sooyoung’s waist, spooning her. He just can’t get enough of her, her laugher, the smell of her hair, the sound of her heartbeat. He loved everything about her. Soon enough, he fell asleep, knowing what he needed most was right there in his arms. Sooyoung on the other hand stayed awake. When she felt that her husband was already asleep, she turned around to face him. Tears started streaming down her eyes. She touched his lips, the lips that she loved to kiss, the only lips that made her the happiest, the lips that would spout out some random jokes that never failed to make her laugh, the lips that contained the funniest laugh and the most beautiful smile. She caressed his cheek, just below his eyes. His eyes that always seem to see through her, the eyes full of warmth and gentleness, the eyes that she fell in love with.  She ruffled his hair gently. The hair she loved to run her hand through, the hair that always looked so handsome, the hair that she loved to smell. She’ll miss so much. Sooyoung wished she had more time with him but this is all she has. She leaned in closer whispering

“I’m sorry my love. I’m going to miss you so much. I love you and I always will. Looks like nothing really does last forever. I’m so so so sorry.”

She kissed him on the lips, closed her eyes and moved no more.

 

It had been 2 months since Sooyoung died and Hyun Joong still hasn’t gotten over it. He could still remember it like it was yesterday. He woke up the following day and cooked breakfast, wanting to surprise his wife. He did not want to disturb Sooyoung anymore and wnt straight to the kitchen and started preparing. He cooked Chinhee’s breakfast and prepared Sooyoung’s meal as well. He was surprised when he came home to din Sooyoung’s meal untouched. He ran to the room and found his wife’s lifeless body lying peacefully on the bed.

He decided to go look through his wife’s stuff and at the bottom of her drawer was a pale pink notebook. Hyun Joong opened the notebook, it was Sooyoung’s diary. He read

 

March 19

      I have no idea why I decided to write this but this is the only way I can think of that will help me feel better. You see, today was the day I was diagnosed with cancer stage 4. I know what that meant, it meant death. I don’t know what to do anymore and I don’t think I can abandon my family this early. I feel scared.

~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>

March 22

      I finally decided not to receive chemo, I’ll just spend mu money making my family happy while I still can. I know Hyun Joong will not be happy about this if he finds out that I refused to receive treatment but that’s my choice, he’ll just have to accept it. I’m sorry my love.

 

~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>

April 10

I’m grateful that I managed to survive another month but I still haven’t told them the news. I’m afraid at how they will see it and I couldn’t bear to see my beloved Hyun Joong so sad. I guess I am a coward. I’m afraid to hurt my loved ones but that;s who I am. I can no longer change that. I’m sorry

 

~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>

April 21

My family still has no idea that my days are limited. I had the perfect opportunity today when we were eating dinner but I didn’t I have no idea why I didn’t. I can’t keep this a secret forever. I promise you. I will tell them soon.

 

~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>

May 12

Chunhee went home early today so I decided to take him and watch movies together. We went to the mall and had some fun. We watched a movie, had lunch and went to the arcade. I wanted to tell him that time but I couldn’t spoil the fun we were having. Whenever I see my dear son smile, I don’t think it’ll even matter.

 

~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>

May 18

It is starting to look obvious. Hyun Joong kept on asking me earlier if I was okay since I was looking pale. I nodded my head and told them that I was just tired. I don’t know whether they believed me or not but they didn’t bother me after that. I could’ve told them right there and then but I still couldn’t. I do pray that they forgive me.

 

~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>

May 22

      It was a day before Chunhee’s birthday and I decided to buy her a gift. I walked over to the nearest toy store and looked around. After a few minutes I passed by a doll that, if I remember correctly the exact same doll that Chunhee has been dreaming of for months now. I decided to buy it for her and hid it under her bed. The following day Chunhee woke up and found her gift and out of joy, ran all around the house and jumping up and down. I watched him from the kitchen smiling widely. I felt Hyun Joong put his arm around me and kissed me on the forehead. My heart stung, ‘ll surely miss this scene.

 

~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>

June 6

Today is Hyun Joong’s birthday. I was happy that I managed to celebrate his birthday with him. I’m thankful that I was still alive after several months We celebrated his birthday with our child. Everything was just perfect. I prayed silently that this happiness can last forever but in what I’ve learned after getting sick, nothing lasts forever.

 

~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>

June 14

I wanted to surprise Hyun Joong once more. Exactly 7 years ago, I was walking home from my schedule when I bumped into him. I wanted to relive that feeling. I wanted to remember what it was like to fall in love again. I want to see that spark in his eyes when we first met. That’s all I ever want. I just need him to hug me like he did before. After that I’ll be willing to go.

~>~>~>~>~>~>~>~>

 

Hyun Joong’s face was already stained with tears. A mix of emotions filled his heart. He was angry that she kept this a secret from him, depressed that she left him alone so early and guilty that he didn’t do anything for her before she died. Unconsciously he got into his car and drove. He drove and drove until he decided to head to the cemetery and just release everything. When he got there, he sat down in front of Sooyoung’s grave and cried like he never cried before.

“Why my love, why didn’t you tell me, I would’ve spend more time with you. I still have a lot to say to you Sooyoung. I still have a lot of love to show you. I still have a lot of things to give you, places I want to take you, things I want to do with you. I can’t believe you left us like this.”

Hyun Joong got up and fetched Chunhee from school. The little girl happily climbed in their car.

“Appa, can we go and buy balloons?” she asked.

“What for>” Hyun Joong asked.

“I want to send a message to mommy.’ She said.

“What do you mean?”

“Well, my classmate told me that when his dad died, he wrote his message on a piece and tied it to a balloon and let it fly to her mommy.”

“Alright, why don’t we go home first so that you can write your letter first?” He said smiling at Chunhee.

They got home, wrote their letter and bought balloons. When they arrived at the cemetery Chunhee happily ran to her mother’s grave, tried to tie her letter but couldn’t so Hyun Joong came over to help him and they released her together.

“Chunhee-ahh, why don’t you talk you mommy for a while, she must be missing you a lot.” Hyun Joong said while stepping back to give them some privacy.

Once the little girl started talking, Hyun Joong pulled out his letter from his pocket, it read.

      My dearest Sooyoung

It has been 2 months since you died, 2 lonely months. I can’t bear to look ay out pictures anymore, it hurts me too much. You know the night before you died I was reminded of why I fell for you. You were always happy; it was your smile that caught my attention. Your reactions were always so big and so cute. You never failed to make me laugh; you were always the cheerful one, the strong one, the one who I run t. I know you were strong my love but why did you have to bear all those hardships yourself, Why did you have to keep this to yourself. I’m upset because I wasn’t able to tell you how much I love you. I never got the change to touch your face, or smell your hair. The only thing I’ve ever wanted was to make you happy all your life. I’m sorry my love for everything. For all those times I hurt you, I disappoint you, I didn’t say the things you wanted to hear. I have a lot of things I wanted to day to you but I didn’t have the guts to. I fully understand what you mean when you say opportunity knocks but once. You were always right except for tone thing my love. You always claimed that nothing lasts forever. I want to show you that that is not true. I once told you my love that I will never stop loving you. I’ll make sure that our love does last forever. I will always always love you.

 Hyun Joong rolled his letter and tied it to his balloon. He kissed the balloon and released his letter, sending his letter and his love to his one and only.

 


*sigh* My first attempt at a sad love story, not exactly how I wanted it to turn out but, ohh well, hope you enjoy.