It's Over

Kpop One Stop One Shots

Jeongmal Mianhe for not updating. Another long lost request from Farajun. It's not a lovestory between a Sunbae and Hoobae but I hope you still like it. Enjoy!


Nicole was a typical 19 year old girl when she first met Hyun Joong. He was young, attractive and rich, Nicole on the other hand was immature and naïve. Hyun Joong made her believe that he was really in love with her and she was in love with him. It was not long after that Nicole and Hyun Joong became a couple.
 

Nicole was loyal to Hyun Joong but he felt that he needed something else, something that he cannot seem to find in Nicole. Nicole did everything for Hyun Joong but it just wasn’t enough. Hyun Joong still longed for something else; something that he cannot seem to explain but Nicole still pushed through and held on. Hyun Joong tried to show Nicole that he appreciated everything that she was doing for him but in truth he can’t seem to stand that girl’s presence. Nicole being so happy with Hyun Joong remained obsolete and did not seem to notice that Hyun Joong was already having a hard time.

 

There came a time when Hyun Joong grew tired of pretending and decided to make Nicole hate him. He decided to just show Nicole that he was tired of their relationship. He started criticizing Nicole in everything she did and started arguing with her over the littlest details. Nicole on the other hand remained strong and never lost faith in their relationship. She believed that Hyun Joong is the one she was destined for. Annoyed, Hyun Joong decided to just dump her.

When their third anniversary arrived, Hyun Joong and Nicole went out for dinner. After their meal, Hyun Joong opened up to Nicole.

“Uhm Nicole,”

“Yes Hyun Joong?”

“I’m sorry Nicole; this is not exactly what I imagined for the two of us.” He said

“What do you mean?” She asked, sadness can already be heard in her voice.

“I’m sorry.”

“Why are you apologizing?” She asked.

“It’s not working out.” He said.

“Why? I can still make it work.” She said trying to sound hopeful.

“Nicole can’t you get it? I don’t want a situation like this: he said his voice becoming stronger.

“Then what do you want me to do?”

“Nothing Nicole, I’m letting this go.”

“What do you mean “letting this go”?”

“It’s over Nicole. I’m tired of this.” He said standing up.

“But Hyun Joong…” Nicole said grabbing his arm, tears flowing.

“I’m sorry Nicole. I’m sure you’ll be meeting a lot more people out there. People who are better than me

Nicole ran out the restaurant as fast as she can. She did not want to let Hyun Joong see her cry. Hyun Joong on the other hand was left standing there feeling sorry for Nicole. He did not want to hurt Nicole but it would hurt her more if he let this continue. It was better to end it while it’s not too late he thought.

 

Nicole didn’t see or spoke to Hyun Joong after their break-up. In fact, she didn’t speak with anyone. She would put on the usual cheerful smile she always had during filming or broadcasts but other than that, she was always gloomy. Nicole also never entertained boys after that. She became distant with them and would always decline whenever someone asks her out on a date. Her fellow KARA members were afraid that she would never look at a guy ever again. One day after practice they decided to talk to her about it.

“Nicole?” Gyuri asked

“Yes unnie?” She replied.

“Why don’t you start going out again? It’s already been 6 months since you broke up with Hyun Joong. Who knows it might help you move on.” Gyuri said

“What’s the point unnie? All the guys are the same. I’m perfectly happy staying single.” She said smiling at Gyuri as she went to her room.

“What’s the point when all I could think about is Hyun Joong? He’s the only one I can ask for. It has always been him. It’s either him or no one unnie. Mianhe.” She said to herself.

 

It had been 2 years since Hyun Joong broke up with Nicole. As time passed Nicole grew more and more distant with guys. She wasn’t like the old Nicole who made friends with everyone and everyone but instead she regarded men as bad guys. She acted like all guys were like Hyun Joong. They were all the same. They’d befriend you, court you, love you, but once they grew tired of you, they’d leave you lying on the flood. She promised herself that she would never love again but that’s when he came along.

Dongwoon first saw Nicole during one of their music broadcasts. He tried greeting her but Nicole ignored him. Dongwoon made several attempts to befriend Nicole but with no luck. After the umpth time, he decided to ask help from his friends.

“Bro, didn’t you hear what happened to her previous relationship?” Yoseob asked him

“What?” he asked him back.

”Well apparently their relationship didn’t end well. From what I’ve heard, the guy grew tired of her and dumped her. She took it pretty hard and ever since then she never entered a relationship anymore.” Said Yoseob

Dongwoon kept quite. He felt bad for Nicole but that was no reason to act that way.

“Just because one guy hurt you don’t mean that every guy will do the same.” Dongwoon said to himself

 

Nicole’s story never left Dongwoon’s mind until after 3 days of thinking, he decided to ac t. He wanted to show Nicole that not all men are the same.

An opportunity came when KARA’s comeback song won first place. Dongwoon decided to play Mr. mysterious by sending Nicole a bouquet of flowers but he did not sign it, however he did leave a clue in order for Nicole to guess.

Dongwoon continued sending Nicole flowers on a weekly basis for 5 while months. During the last week of the 6th month Dongwoon wrote:

 

“If you want to know who I am, change the curtains of your dorm to white. You have six days to do that. IF you change your curtains before Sunday, I will personally deliver your flowers to you.”

 

Nicole felt a mix of emotions when she read the note. She was curious to see who this persistent man was but she was also apprehensive, not wanting to get hurt like last time and confused whether or not it is time for her to love again.

 

Nicole contemplated a lot on what the note said for a couple of days, “If you want to know who I am…” she said to herself. Nicole decided to meet him. Besides she could easily dump him after meeting him so she did what he asked for.

When Sunday morning arrived Nicole waited for the arrival of this mystery guy. At around 11 am, the doorbell of their dorm rang. Nicole volunteered to get it.

“Who is it?” she asked as she opened the door.

She was struck by surprise when she saw Dongwoon standing in front of their door holding a bouquet of flowers.

“Hello Nicole, I’m Dongwoon and these are for you.” He said

Nicole just stood there staring at him. A mix of emotions suddenly rose inside of her. She wasn’t expecting to see him standing there. In fact she thought that her mystery guy wouldn’t come at all. Out of curiosity, her fellow members went to see who it was.

“Oh thank you Dongwoon, is this for Nicole?” Gyuri asked.

“Uhm, yes. I was actually wondering if it’s okay to borrow Nicole for a while. I was wondering if we could go and have lunch together, just for today.” Dongwoon asked looking at Nicole.

“Oh sure,” just be careful and Nicole we don’t have a schedule for today so just go and enjoy yourself for today. We’ll see you later.” Gyuri said, practically pushing Nicole out the door.

 

Dongwoon held out his hand for Nicole but she just looked away. Dongwoon then lead her to his car and was about to open the door for her when she said

“It’s okay I can do it myself.” And got in.

All throughout their “date” Nicole was quiet and it was pretty uneventful. When they arrived back at KARA’s dorm, Dongwoon suddenly held her hand.

“Look Nicole. I like you. A lot. And I want you to give me a change, please. I promise I would never hurt you. Please.” He said, and then he kissed her hand.

“Alright.” She said smiling at him.

 

It wasn’t long until they made their relationship public. Nicole was once again in a happy relationship with Dongwoon. It was like Dongwoon was able to cover up the scar that Hyun Joong left on Nicole’s heart. Everything was going smoothly until one very eventful day.

The night before Nicole’s birthday Hyun Joong dropped by the jewelry shop and bought a necklace. The following day Hyun Joong was found standing in front of KARA’s dorm.

 

*Flashback*
~Hyun Joong’s POV~

My god! What’s wrong with me? I finally got rid of that pest but why am I canting this way? What if she wasn’t really a pest at all? What if I really do love her as much as she loved me? God I’m so pathetic. How can I let a girl do this to me? Ugh! Come on Hyun Joong pull yourself together. It might not be too late.

*Flashback ends*

 

When a car arrived in front of their dorm, Hyun Joong immediately hid from view. That’s when he saw Dongwoon drop off Nicole. He couldn’t help overhearing their conversation.

“Thanks for the date. I had so much fun.” Nicole said kissing Dongwoon’s cheek.

“Me too my love. I’ll see you tomorrow. I love you.” He said

“I love you too.” And leaned upward to kiss Dongwoon on the lips.

 

Hyun Joong turned around not wanting to see more. He slowly sat on the ground and said to himself.

“I guess this is how it feels like, loosing. It’s no use not. He loves him, he loves her. They’re both happy. What’s the point of ruining this perfect picture?  It’s over.” He said walking away with the thought that he probably ruined what should be his happy ending.