Connected at Heart

Kpop One Stop One Shots

Chesunghamnida for not updating for more than a year. This is a long lost request from woonilove. Hope you still like it. Enjoy!


Kim Hyun Joong and Kim Jaejoong were the best friends anyone can hope for. With their cute looks, sweet voices and eye popping dance moves, they became one of the most popular guys in the Kpop industry. They would often be compared to one another and are always the favorite of the ladies but they never let anything get in between them. Or so they thought.

Nicole was a brand new member of the girl group named KARA when she first met Kim Hyun Joong. Because of his funny personality, Nicole immediately became friends with him. He was friendly, outgoing and trustworthy, everything Nicole wanted in a friend. And with Nicole being a bubbly, friendly and a sweet lady, it wasn’t surprising that Hyun Joong fell for her.
There came a time when Nicole saw Jaejoong and television and she immediately fell in love with him. She told Hyun Joong about this and Hyun Joong’s heart fell. In order to hide his disappointment he opened to Nicole about his close friendship with him and suggested that he set him up with her.

 

When the time came when Nicole was about to meet Jaejoong, Hyun Joong decided to come along. When they arrived they met up with Jaejoong and their conversation immediately broke off.

“Hey Hyun Joong! How’s it going?”

“Sup bro, let me introduce to you my friend Nicole, she’s a huge fan of yours.”  Hyun Joong said introducing Nicole.

“Hi, my name is Nicole Jung. Pleasure to meet you.” Nicole greeted shyly.

“Hey Nicole, it’s good to meet you.” He replied shaking Nicole’s hand.

“Good, now that you’re both acquainted, I’ll go ahead, and we still have filming at 9. See you guys around.” Hyun Joong said leaving.

When Hyun Joong left, the two immediately fell silent. When minutes passed Jaejoong decided to break the silence.

“So which agency are you working under?” he asked

“Well I’m currently working with the girl group ‘KARA’ under DSP Entertainment.” She said

“So you’re from Los Angeles?” he asked again hoping to keep the ball rolling.

“Uhu, I was born in LA but I moved here not long after.” She said

“Really? So what’s it like there?”

Their conversation progressed as time passed and Jaejoong noticed how he would pay attention to every little detail about her. How her hair would fall to her shoulders, how she would tuck it behind her ear to prevent it from going into her food, how her dimples would appear as she smiled.

When the time came, Jaejoong offered to drive Nicole home. When she arrived, she reminisced on what happened that night and how he felt about Jaejoong.

 

When morning came, she told everything about it to Hyun Joong and how she wanted to spend more time with him. Hyun Joong on the other hand tried to hide his sadness and jealousy behind a smile. Was the months passed Nicole continued to spend time with both Hyun Joong and Jaejoong. Everything was going smoothly until one particular night with the two of them.

After KARA’s successful comeback Jaejoong, Nicole and Hyun Joong decided to celebrate it with dinner together. When their meal arrived Nicole started talking about Jaejoong’s activities and projects which made Hyun Joong jealous. Hyun Joong just sat there in silence, eating his food while Jaejoong and Nicole chatted constantly. When he finished his food he quickly excused himself and went out. When he exited the restaurant he sat on the ground, feeling stupid. He stared at the sky and said to himself,

“Danm, this is so stupid, why did I walk out? What’s the point of fighting against him; she obviously likes him more than she likes me. I have to let her go.”

Hyun Joong didn’t realizr that Jaejoong was actually standing behind him, hearing everything he said. After a few minutes Jaejoong decided to just come back in and call him instead. When he came back Jaejoong made a n effort to involve Hyun Joong in their conversation and the night passed quite cheerfully.

 

When Jaejoong arrived home, he looked back on the night’s events. He tried to reflect on what had happened. He was lying on his bed when he suddenly remembered Hyun Joong.

“I don’t know what I’m supposed to do., I love Nicole but I can see that it’s hurting Hyun Joong to see us like this. Ohhh… I don’t know what I want now.” And he fell asleep.

 

When he woke up he received a text message from Nicole.

“Hi Jaejoong! Good Morning! We were given a day off today and I was wondering if you’d want to watch a movie with me?”

Jaejoong stared at the message for a few minutes and decided to decline her invitation.

“Sorry Nicole, I can’t. Maybe Hyun Joong would join you.”

In order to forget his feelings for Nicole he decided to take a break. He decided to visit Japan.

After one week Nicole tried to contact Jaejoong but to no avail. She decided to visit Hyun Joong in order to know where Jaejoong may be. When she arrived in Hyun Joong’s dorm, she was told that Hyun Joong was away for an activity and may not be back or a week. In all those times Jaejoong and Hyun Joong were away Nicole felt lonely. After one week she received a call from Hyun Joong, she found out that Hyun Joong came back. She immediately went out to meet him. The two decided to have lunch together, there Nicole found out that Jaejoong decided to travel to Japan the same time Hyun Joong left for the US. Nicole felt heartbroken. Hyun Joong saw the disappointment on her face and tried to cheer her up.

“Come on Nicole, I’m sure he’ll be back son and besides I’m still here.” He said flashing a smile in his face.

“Thanks Hyun Joong. I’m glad I have a friend like you.” She smiled.

“So it there anything you want to talk about?” He asked.

Their lunch date passed by quite cheerfully. Hyun Joong finally had the time with Nicole and Nicole o the other hand, was finally opening up to him. For the following weeks, Nicole and Hyun Joong continued to spend time with each other. Without her noticing it, Hyun Joong became an important part of her life. She was falling in love with him. She still couldn’t forget her feelings for Jaejoong but she decided to give Hyun Joong a chance. As time passed Hyun Joong was getting ready to confess her feelings for Nicole. When he finally mustered the courage, an important news arrived. Jaejoong came back to Korea. Nicole was ecstatic, she immediately called Jaejoong.

“Jaejoong welcome back!”

“He Nicole, how are you? I missed you.”

“Yeah I’m fine. I was wondering if you’d want to have dinner with me sometime, you know, to do some catching up.”

“Alright I’ll pick you up tonight, you still live in the same place right?

“Yup, I’ll see you at around 8.”

“Alright bye!”

“Bye.”

 

When 8pm arrived, Jaejoong arrived to pick up Nicole; Nicole was waiting for Jaejoong outside. This was it, Nicole thought. She was going to confess her feelings for Jaejoong.

When they arrived at the restaurant they exchanged cheerful remarks and news. When their food arrived they continued chatting cheerfully bit when they finished Nicole decided to switch the mood.

“Why did you suddenly leave?” she asked in a flat tone.

“What do you mean?” he asked her back blankly,

“You left without telling me.” she said

“Why do I have to?”

“No, it’s just that, I love you Jaejoong,: She said blushing furiously.

Jaejoong turned silent. Nicole stared at him waiting for a reaction.

“Oh Nicole, you’re so sweet. I like you but not in that way.”

“Jaejoong…”

“Nicole I know we’re close friends but don’t expect me to fall in love with you. You’re nice and all but you’re not exactly my type.” Jaejoong said standing up. He walked over to the cash registrar, handed the waiter some cash and left Nicole seated, feeling heartbroken.

 

Nicole got up after hearing Jaejoong ride off. She wandered around the streets, walking absent-mindedly. She continued walking until she wandered into an alleyway filled with drunken men.

“Hey cutie, where are you headed to?” one of the guys asked.

“Wow you’re a real hottie. How about you share a drink with me>: The other guy said grabbing her arm.

“Let me go!” she said trying to fight them but they were too strong.

She started to stop struggling. She thought to herself

“What’s the point of fighting? It’s useless now, they’re too strong. And besides what’s the point in fighting when I don’t have a reason to live anymore.”

Just when one of the guys was about to lift her shirt off, a loud smack echoed throughout the dark alleyway.

When Nicole opened her eyes, she saw Hyun Joong at the end of the alley holding an unconscious guy by the collar. When the rest of the guys saw him, they started to run away, leaving Nicole traumatized.

Hyun Joong carefully approached Nicole. He took off his cat and placed it around her shoulders, Nicole on the other hand, grabbed Hyun Joong’s arms and buried her head in his chest, sobbing. Hyun Joong wrapped his arms around her and helped her up.

“Oh Nicole, why does it have to be him? I’ve been here all alone. I was hoping you’d notice but I can’t hide it any longer. I love you Nicole. I have always, always loved you. And I hope you would love me too.” He said lifting her chin up.

Their eyes met, and she saw it, the sincerity of Hyun Joong. She felt it, he really did love her. And she realized it, she does love him. She had loved him from the moment they first met; she was just too preoccupied with Jaejoong to actually notice it.

“Hyun Joong I’m sorry. I was too obtuse. It was stupid of me to ignore my feelings for you.”

Nicole then stood up on her tiptoes and pressed her lips against his.

 

After a week they made their relationship official. People were going crazy over the new couple. After a while their relationship grew stronger. After a few years the couple announced their engagement. A day before their wedding Hyun Joong received a letter.

 

“Hyun Joong I congratulate you on your engagement and I wish you all the best during your wedding. Take care of her bro, she’s unlike any other. I’m not worthy of her. She was made for you.

Jaejoong

 

And there he realized, Jaejoong really cared for him. He treasured him so much that he doesn’t want anything to ruin their friendship. It was that time that they, Nicole, Jaejoong and himself were truly connected at heart.