You Made My Day

Kpop One Stop One Shots

*In Television.*

“So Jung Min, it’s only a week before your birthday, is there anything you want?” the interviewer asked.

“I want my fans to buy all my albums, hehehe, just kidding. For my birthday I was kinda hopping to get a day off and spend it with my family and friends.” He said with a huge grin on his face.

“Alright I’m sure everyone here---“

 

The television was turned off by a girl.

“Now I know what to do.” She said smirking

 

~April 4, Jung Min’s Birthday~

 

“Good job Jung Min-ahh, well done.”

 

Jung Min is once again found in their dance studio, practicing for his comeback stage. He has been there since this morning and he was already feeling exhausted.

 

“Alright everybody, that’s a wrap.” The manager said.

“Where to now?” Jung Min asked

 

In answerer his manager threw him his bag and a set of keys.

 

“What’s this?” Jung Min said twirling the keys around his finger.

“Spare keys of the house, were going out. You are free to do whatever you want.” His manager said as he turned around and left the room.

Unsure where to go, Jung Min decided to walk around town for a while. He looked at each shop, entered one after the other but finding nothing of interest. He was walking absent-mindedly down a street when he felt someone bump him hard. He has pulled back to reality as he felt a sharp pain in his ribs. He noticed that the person who bumped him was now seated on the pavement.

“Sorry about that, I wasn’t paying attention to where I was going.” He said as he reached out to help the man stand up.

“Nah, it’s my fault, I was running so hard that I forgot to look where I was going. But hey, it’s good to see you again mal.” the guy said as he reached out his hand to grab Jung Min.

 

Jung Min’s heart leaped. He recognized that voice. It was the same voice that would fill the whole room with his laughter whenever it’s just the five of them. The voice of Heo Young Saeng.

 

“Young Saeng-ahh! Jung Min said hugging him tightly.

“Yah, Jung Min-ahh, can’t breathe.” Young Saeng said gasping for air.

 

Jung Min immediately released Young Saeng. He was glad to see his hyung again, especially now that they’re all under different companies.

 

“So where are you headed?” Young Saeng asked.

“Nowhere, they gave me a day off so I decided to take a walk around.”

“Do you want to come with me? I’m going to meet a few friends down by the Le Parker Cafe.” He said

“Sure, why not.” Jung Min agreed.

 

The two walked down two blocks and entered a small coffee shop. Young Saeng entered first, followed by Jung Min. When they got in, Young Saeng scanned the room and smiled at the direction of two boys who were seated with their backs to him. Young Saeng motioned Jung Min to follow him. The two approached the two boys seated; Jung Min felt his heart race. He recognized the two boys anywhere.

 

“Hey! How’s it going?” One of the guys said turning around to face them, causing the other one to do the same.

 

Jung Min looked at the faces he hasn’t seen for a long time. Even after they went under different companies, they promised to still stay in touch with one another. He looked at the faces that he wanted to see as frequent a he could. He felt tears from at the corners of his eyes as he looked at the smiling faces of Kim Hyun Joong and Kim Kyu Jong.

 

“Jung Mi-ahh, so nice of you to join us.” Hyun Joong said.

“Look hyung, he’s crying.” Kyu jong pointed out.

“I’m not. I got something in my eye.” Jung Min said as an excuse.

 

Hyun Joong approached Jung Min and patted him on the back.

 

“Hey, would any of you like anything to eat?  My treat.” Young Saeng asked his brothers.

 

They all ordered their own food and proceeded to exchanging stories. Their laughter echoed inside the cafe but nobody cared. They made jokes and laughed about random things just like when they were still together, Everything changed but everything still stayed the same. They continued to laugh out loud until Kyu spoke.

 

“I remember how Hyung Jun would always look at his reflection every time he gets the opportunity.”

“Yeah in mirrors, metals, plastics, glass, as long as he can see himself, he’ll keep looking at his reflection.” Young Saeng said

 

“Jung Min-shii, is something wrong?”Kyu Jong asked

“Nope, i just miss Hyung Jun. I wish he was here.”

“Don’t worry Minnie, I’m sure you’ll see Hyng Jun soon.” Leader said comforting him.

 

Then Young Saeng suddenly stood up, pulled out a blindfold from his pocked and tied it around Jung Min’s eyes. Then the two members stood up and lead Jung Min outside.

 

“Sorry Minnie, but you have to trust us on this one.” Young Saeng whispered to Jung Min as he was inside a car.

 

Hyun Joong knocked at the driver’s window. The driver in turn opened the window and took off his shades. The leader smiled at the look on the face of someone he hasn’t spent time with for a long time. The face of their maknae Kim Hyung Jun.

 

The other members got in the car and drove off. They had planned this. Jung Min’s childhood friend was the one responsible for this reunion. They had predicted that Jung Min would walk around town once he was given a day off and therefore laid out the plan carefully.

Once they arrived in front of a resort Jung Min was left inside the car. The other members went off. Jung Min was not aware that his fellow members were already signalling the other guests about their arrival. Minutes later Jung Min felt someone help him out of the car and led him inside. When they stopped, Jung min felt someone taking off his blindfold, revealing a beautiful scene in front of him.

He was standing in front of a huge birthday cake and his family was standing at the very front, behind stood Hyung Jun, Hyun Joong, Young Saeng, and Kyu Jong. He also saw his other friends all grinning from ear to ear. Then they all began to sing.

“Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Jung Min
Happy Birthday to you”

When they finished Jung Min made a wish and blew out the candles.

 

“Everyone, who arranged all of this?” he asked, tears building at the corners of his eyes for the second time.

 

For an answer they looked at his direction, as predicted Jung min turned around, there he saw a girl e hasn’t seen for almost ten years. The girl who changed his life at first sight, his childhood friend, his first crush, his puppy love, his first love, his one true love. Standing there was Kim Sun Hi.

 

“Saengli chukha Jung Min-shii.” Sun Hi greeted him with a smile

 

Instead of saying something Jung Min rushed to her and hugged tightly, tears started to fall down his eyes. Sun hi was shocked at first but when they broke apart Jung Min turned to face his guest and smiled at them all.

 

“Thank you all for coming, you really made my day extra special. That you, all of you.” He said bowing at them.

 

The party lasted the entire night; everyone partied enthusiastically until the sky turned dark. . Little by little the guests started leaving,, congratulating Jung Min and thanking him. The only people left were his family, Sun Hi and himself. After cleaning Sun Hi found Jung Min standing un the garden, she dropped hat she was doing and went to him.

 

“Sun Hi-ahh, komawo.” Jung Min said

“It’s the least I can do after not seeing you almost ten years. Just think of it as my way of making it up to you.” She said smiling at him.

Instead of saying something Jung Min took hold of Sun Hi’s shoulders and kissed her.

 

“Sun Hi-ahh, you made my day.” He said before leaving her standing there staring at him opened mouthed