6: Mismatched scenes

Network Error

a/n ; once again, these won't be in any real order. these are just things that i had written and either didn't upload or couldn't find a place for them. i'll add another note at the bottom, thank you! (also, grammar check and spelling check, not happening. this is just the raw writings.)

__

Haeri prayed to God she’d done a good job persuading Zico. She felt like she went overboard trying to be cute but if it worked, she’d make note for the future. She ran all the way back to the apartment building and stopped for a breath as she looked up at it. “2…215.” she nodded, pulling out a ponytail and putting her hair up into a messy bun before making her way inside and to the elevator. Which floor was the 200’s on? She’d noticed that the 3rd floor had a lot of 300’s, so maybe it went that way. She hit the 2 button and decided it wasn’t a big deal if she had to come back and try again. She had time, right? As the doors opened she grinned at apartment 201 facing her, heading to the right to find 215. She knocked and pressed her ear to the door, no sound coming back to greet her. Did he not go home? Where else would he have gone? She tried the doorknob and blinked as it easily turned, allowing her into the apartment. Why was the door unlocked? Did he forget to lock up this morning? She closed it quietly behind her and looked around. There weren’t many personal items around, it didn’t even seem like the right apartment to her and she began to wonder if she’d heard wrong. ‘You heard wrong twice? Even Zico told you it was 215…’ Right, right. She moved towards the big window in the living room, the view was amazing. From Zico’s room you could only see the neighboring building but from this room you could see the city scape. She turned and stifled a gasp at the sleeping figure on the couch, smiling softly as she realized it was Pyo. There was a blanket draped over the smaller couch and she carefully moved to retrieve it, placing it over him. She nodded to herself and turned to go before he reached out and grabbed her wrist, pulling her back and onto the couch with him. “Y-yah!” she protested, trying to get away as he wrapped an arm around her waist. “What are you doing here?” he asked tiredly, not opening his eyes. “I was about to go!” she whined, still struggling. “Are you trying to get me in serious with your Oppa?” Haeri pouted, finally keeping still. “Zico’s going to cover for me.” “Does he know where you went?” “….No.” Pyo laughed and she looked up, confused. “Good girl.” She sighed and gave in, leaning her head on his chest. “I’m sorry I caused so much trouble…” “Go on.” “I know I should’ve listened to you guys, I knew it but I couldn’t move. The way everyone changed so suddenly scared me and I didn’t know what to do..” He opened his eyes and moved the blanket around so it covered both of them, nodding. “You didn’t have to be scared, Haeri. We’ll never hurt you, we were trying to protect you and you weren’t letting us, that’s what made everyone even angrier.” “I’m sorry.” It was silent for a few minutes and Haeri started to wonder what Zico would tell Seungri. Would he be truthful and say he didn’t know where she went? God, she hoped not. Jiyong Oppa would send out an entire fleet to find her. “Where did you disappear to so suddenly when everyone was fighting?” Pyo asked. She bit her lip, unsure if she wanted to tell or not. She’d counted on no one asking, no one noticing. That guy, Zelo, he was part of the bad guys and she still wasn’t sure if she’d made a mistake accepting his friendship or not. Maybe she should lie? What if he really was different though? Did Block B know he was different? Would they be less mad because it was him? “Haeri?” She looked up and nodded, sighing. “I…I don’t want to lie to you but I don’t want you to get angry again either..” She felt him tense and inwardly kicked herself. She should’ve lied.Where did you go?” he asked, a bit more harshly this time. “Z-Zelo-ssi took me to the Science hall to escape the fight…He’s not like them, he’s really nice-“ “Goddamnit Haeri!” Pyo called, putting a hand over his eyes. “Why would you leave with him? Don’t tell me you didn’t know he was part of B.A.P either, that’s bull. Do you know how dangerous he is? Jesus ing Christ, we were trying to keep you safe and you go and walk right into the lair!” “But he really is different, Pyo! He-“ “No! You don’t know them like we do. He was using you, Haeri. That’s how he is, he acts like he can’t stand his own group and befriends people to get information out of them. What did you tell him?” Haeri pouted again and closed her eyes. “I didn’t tell him anything. I already thought he knew who I was and the fight was a set up to get me alone, so why would I tell him anything?” “You’re a trouble maker Haeri. Everywhere you go, somehow we always get in trouble. Somehow, you always just walk into the battlefield, don’t you know? Aish.” Haeri smiled a bit and nodded, “I’m sorry, Oppa.” He groaned at the name and tightened his grip around her waist. “You’d better hope Zico does a good job covering for you, if he does at all. You can’t imagine the war coming whether it’s him or Jiyong that finds out where you are.” This was the second time he’d said something about Zico not knowing where she was. Why would he care? Was she not supposed to hang out with them outside of school? She didn’t want to think about it, truthfully she wanted a nap. Luckily for her, Pyo seemed to want the same thing.

“Where’s Little Kwonnie?” Taeil asked as they headed down the steps as school let out. The boys shrugged and B-Bomb stopped walking, turning to look back. “Should we wait?” “No.” Zico replied, looking around for her caretaker. Seungri rushed into the courtyard, hunching over to catch his breath before getting up and looking around for Haeri. Where was this girl? Sure he was a bit late today but she should still be here. She didn’t go home with those Block Punks did she? “Lee Seunghyun!” someone called out and he turned in anger at the name he abandoned long ago, meeting Zico’s eyes as the group pulled up to greet the older one. At least Haeri hadn’t gone home with them. “Who are you calling so formally you little prick?” Seungri growled, crossing his arms. Zico shrugged and adjusted his bag on his shoulder. “Haeri said to tell you she left with Jinae. They’re studying for exams coming up.” “Why didn’t she tell me herself?” Zico shrugged again, looking away. “How would I know?” Seungri looked the boys over suspiciously, raising an eyebrow. “And where is your maknae?” A thin mix of anger and panic ran through Jiho as he looked, just now noticing Pyo was missing. Surely Haeri’s disappearance had nothing to do with him, right? “Jihoon left around 6th period. We had some trouble with B.A.P today and he was probably too wired to sit in class afterwards.” Yukwon replied, shoving his hands in his pockets. “Stop ing around. Where’s Haeri? We’re all going to be in some serious if you don’t tell me.” Seungri growled. “We just told you she’s studying with Jinae. That’s all we know, and we’re tired so we’re leaving.” B-Bomb replied, beginning to walk away, his group following. Seungri cursed and pulled out his phone, dialing Haeri’s number. It rang for a while before she picked up, and she sounded sleepy. “Ye?” “Kwon Haeri you better goddamn be studying with Jinae or I will find you.” he snapped, beginning to follow the boys who’d just walked away from him. “Of course I’m with Jinae, Oppa. Don’t you know the exams are coming up? Do you want me to fail?” He shook his head, slowing down. “Put her on the phone.” “Y-Ye?” Haeri asked, trying to keep the panic out of her voice. “Now!” “Yah, you don’t trust me?! I’m telling Jiyong Oppa that you’re being this way with me when I’m trying to study!” Seungri stopped and groaned, hanging his head. “Listen Haeri,” he said calmly this time. “If you’re hanging around with those boys, Jiyong really won’t forgive you, you know?” “…I know Oppa.” she replied softly. He ended the call and sighed, looking around before heading back to the apartment he shared with the other members of Big Bang. 

__

Haeri yawned as she tried her best to get through the hall without bumping into too many people. The Literature wing was always packed, especially around 5th period when people wanted to take the quick way to class. They weren’t concerned about seeing their friends now, they just wanted to get to class and get school over with. This wasn’t the best way to do so. She bowed slightly as a girl she talked with in Science called out to greet her and let out a slight yelp as she passed by the stairs, someone grabbing her wrist and pulling her underneath them. They pushed her against the wall and she looked up in horror, praying to God it wasn’t one of those B.A.P guys. Zico stared back at her, making her uneasy and she blinked. “Z-Zico-sshi?” “People are talking about you and Pyo.” Haeri blushed and was thankful for the bad lighting that hid it. “Y-Ye?” “Is it true?” he asked in annoyance, crossing his arms. She tilted her head, “Is what true?”. He let out a sigh and she could practically feel the tension in the small area. No one had been concerned that she just seemed to vanish from the hall? She was going to be late for class, she didn’t have time to be lectured. “Did you kiss him?” Haeri’s eyes widened and she shook her head, holding up her hands in defense. “A-Ani! It wasn’t like that, people misunderstood…He explained to the class this morn-“ “And did you leave yesterday to go with him?” Zico interrupted her. She hung her head and stared at her shoes, shrugging. “God dammit Haeri!” he growled, causing her to look up quickly, afraid again. Why was he yelling? Why was he questioning her? Right, Pyo mentioned it was a good thing Zico didn’t know about yesterday…but why? There were too many why’s and not enough answers but she couldn’t process much more than that before Zico moved forward, grabbing her arms tightly as he leaned down and kissed her. Her thoughts spun and her stomach twirled at the sudden action, fully expecting to be hit rather than kissed. The bell rang and he pulled away, glaring at her. Her wide confusion laced eyes looked back, unsure. “Don’t fall for him.” Zico warned before turning and leaving the semi darkness of under the stairs, heading down the right hall. Haeri’s knees wobbled and she slid down against the wall, trying to piece together what just happened. 

__

Thunder crashed outside as Haeri covered her ears, squatting down to her knees in fear. She didn’t mind lightning, she loved the rain but storms worried her and this wasn’t a normal water show. The lights had been flickering for the past 20 minutes as the wind shook the power lines outside. Another crash came and she whimpered in protest, terrified that her rooftop apartment would be taken in the storm with her in it. Why hadn’t she listened when Jiyong Oppa wanted to get her a better house? She regretted being stubborn now. As a third crash shook the apartment the lights finally went out completely and she let out a groan, looking around in the darkness. Until when would she have to stay like this? Trees clashed against her windows and she began to cry. You’re a babo Haeri-ah, you shouldn’t have moved here. You wouldn’t be alone right now if you were with Grandma Choi. She’d be singing you sweet songs and rocking you but you had to be bold and move closer to your big brother, huh? Lightning lit up the house momentarily and she looked around in the brief flood, noting that she was just beside her bed and could easily move to hide under the blankets if she wanted. She thought this was the best choice and began to feel for the mattress edge as the front door burst open. ‘I didn’t lock it! I didn’t lock it!’ her mind cried, fully expecting someone to murder her in the wild storm. If she was to be honest, this was the worst time to be killed though. It was dark, the killer wouldn’t see her very clearly but this was to her advantage, she needed to try and calm herself in case she needed to spring into action. ‘Me? Action? Yeah ok.’ She mused to herself and looked over as the person called out. “Haeri-ah?!” She blinked at the voice, quickly standing up as lighting illuminated the room once again, allowing her to rush forward and wrap her arms around her callers waist. “I’m so glad its you.” She cried into his chest as he rubbed her back. “Come on, let’s go.” Zico sighed, taking her hand and leading her out into the storm. The wind was violent and she noticed that not only her lights had vanished, it’d been a blackout and she was more comforted that she wasn’t alone in the dark. She was thankful once they entered the apartment building that she was out of the freezing rain and held tightly to Zico’s hand as he fished a flashlight from his pocket. “We’ll have to take the stairs, stick close.” She nodded and followed as he led the way, trying not to trip in the scarce light until they finally made it to his apartment. He had dozens of candles lit around the room and despite how loud the storm raged in her own apartment, it seemed dull and quiet here. ‘that would make sense, I’m on the roof.’ She thought, mentally kicking herself. She shivered in her soaked clothes and looked up as he set a hand against her forehead. “You’re not sick yet, I’ll get you some clothes.” She bowed a bit as he headed off down the small hallway and moved into the kitchen after noticing he’d finally set out a water pitcher. She didn’t really like the idea of being alone with Zico in the dark this way, but his apartment was much warmer and probably a lot safer than hers anyways. More or less she was just thankful se wasn’t alone anymore. “Here, if you go straight back, the door on the right, there’s a bathroom there.” He said once he’d returned, handing her folded clothes. “Y-Ye, thank you..” she replied, walkig past him to find her way. There weren’t as many candles set up in his room but she found the bathroom anyways and was equally thankful that there were a few candles set up in here aswell. Closing the door, she turned to the clothes and nodded to herself before changing into them. He’d given her a long black shirt and grey sweatpants that were too big but she didn’t mind, at least compared to hers they were dry. This brought up the question of what she should do with her own and thinking quickly, she twisted the water out into the sink and neatly folded them up, taking them with her as she headed back to the kitchen. She set them on the counter by the sink as Zico stared at her, and she tilted her head. “What?” He smiled and shook his head, “Are they ok, the clothes?” “Mm.” she nodded, looking down at them. “You should’ve leant me some boxers too. Then I could impersonate you~” She joked, laughing and leaning back against the counter.  “And how would that be?” he smirked, crossing his arms. “Something like, ‘Yah! Kwon Haeri, you’d better not be thinking about me! Can’t you watch where you’re going? You should watch who you’re speaking to, stay away from my internet with your weird fictions!’ and maybe ‘No Kwonnie, skipping school is for big boys and you-‘” She let out a gasp as he interrupted her, picking her up and setting her on the counter. “Zico-ssi..” she pouted, fear washing over her. “That’s not my name.” He whispered. “Jiho-ssi?” “Op-pa. Jiho Oppa.” Haeri blushed and nodded. “J-Jiho…Oppa.” She tried out as he crashed his lips against hers. Warmth raced through her body and her fear choked her before vanishing. She slid her arms around his neck as his hands moved under her shirt, holding her hips. Her hands moved into his hair as loud knocks came at the door causing him to let out a growl against her lips, fully intending to ignore whoever it was. The knocks persisted and yelling could be heard in the hall, “Woo Jiho! Open this door!” Kyungs voice called. “You can’t avoid them.” Haeri giggled, pulling away. He graoned and leaned his forhead against hers. “Why?” The knocking continued and she pecked his lips, “That’s why. Go and answer the door.” He pouted before helping her off the counter, going to open the door. “Aish, how can you all be here?” he whined as the boys shuffled past him with pillows and blankets. “Because we all live in the same building babo.” Yukwon replied, rolling his eyes. “Why didn’t you stay in your own apartments?” Zico asked, watching them all set up their sleeping areas in the living room. “The lights are out and it’s scary~” Pyo whined, looking over as he noticed Haeri. “Woah! What are you doing stanging there so quiet, I thought you were a ghost!” he called, pointing at her. “S-Sorry..” she said, stifling a laugh as she moved to join everyone. “Yah, you complain about us being here, but Haeri was already here too?” Kyung asked accusingly, turning to his friend. “That’s different. She was on the roof by herself.” The boys nodded in agreement and Taeil clapped his hands, “Now it’s a sleepover!”. “Party party~” Pyo danced in excitement looking over as Zico snapped. “What party, it’s 12pm! This party is over, it’s time to go to bed!” “But we just got here~” Yukwon pouted, hugging his pillow. “Yah, my apartment, my rules.” He further stated, moving to the closet to get an extra pillow and blanket for himself. “Haeri-ah, you sleep in the bed. We’ll be out here.” He sighed, dropping the pillow on the floor. “You really expect me to sleep alone in the dark? Can’t I sleep out here too?” she asked with a pout, afraid to even think of being in the dark room by herself. “Ani, you can’t sleep on the floor.” He replied, crossing his arms. “You can have the couch!” Yukwon offered, standing up and showing it off as if it were a prize she could win. “Can I sleep on the couch then?” she asked, turning to Zico for his answer. He shook his head, pointing towards the bedroom. “Bed, that’s final.” “But Jiho Oppa~” she whined, clasping her hands together as the boys giggled. He groaned and shook his head, waving her towards the bedroom. “I’ll just go with you then. Don’t even think about your weird fictions either, I’ll leave you in the dark, I swear.” She nodded happily and said goodnight to the boys before following Zico to the bedroom.

His bed was a lot comfier than she expected and she smiled at how nice the night turned out to be. Not only was she not alone, she wasn’t alone with Zico and it turned out that maybe he wasn’t so bad after all. This thought was spoiled as she felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist from behind, pulling her close to him. “What are you doing?” she asked in annoyance, turning around to push him away. “Going to sleep, what are you doing?” he smirked. “Ani, move~” she whined, pushing harder on his chest. “Why?” he laughed, moving his hands to tickle her. “N-No!” she cried between fits of giggles, trying to wriggle away from him unsuccessfully. “Stop t-this!” she called as she finally managed to roll away from him, sitting up with a huff. “Yah! How can you guys do that with all of us out here?!” Kyung yelled in annoyance, throwing a pillow down the hall. “YAH, DO YOU WANT TO DIE?!” Haeri yelled back, appalled at his assumption of what her and Zico were doing. “DO YOU WANNA DIE?!” he yelled back and the boys began to laugh. Haeri went to yell a slur of insults but Zico quickly covered with his hand. Offended, she his hand and he pulled away quickly, eyes wide. “Yah! Did you just me?!” “Don’t put it front of my mouth!” “WOO JIHO!” Kyung screamed. Haeri blinked before understanding and groaned. As soon as the realization hit Zico he scrambled from the bed with his pillow, running into the living room and throwing it at Kyung. “YOU DIRTY ERTS!” “EXPLAIN YOURSELF!” Taeil defended, throwing his pillow at the leader. “It was my hand! I tried to stop her from yelling back and she me!” Haeri quickly waddled from the bedroom to the living room, moving to the couch and sitting on Yukwon’s lap. “I’m staying out here, I won’t be left alone with that thing!” she whined, pointing at Zico. “You can’t! Go sleep alone if you want, you can’t sleep out here!” he called back, crossing his arms. “Yukwon Oppa~” she pouted, looking up at him. He smiled and shrugged, “If Haeri wants to stay she can~” She stuck her tongue out at Zico who rolled his eyes before giving up and returning to his room. 

__

“I heard Seungri walked you to school today. Is Mr. Kwon Jiyong scared?” Kyung grinned at lunch, raising his eyebrows. Haeri rolled her eyes and gasped as someone jumped onto the table, avoiding lunch trays as she made her way to where the group was seated, planting herself in front of Yukwon and Taeil. “What are we talking about, Kwon Jiyong? I’ve got information if you need it.” She smiled slyly, nodding as she looked around the group. “Who the hell are you?” Zico asked in annoyance, looking her over. She flipped her long black hair and shrugged. “Kwon Mina. Actually it’s Choi Mina but we’re just going to call me Kwon Mina ok? Ok. Great, so, Jiyong Oppa, yes?” The group exchanged looks and Haeri tilted her head. “Do..do you know my Oppa?” The girl laughed and crawled over, close to Haeri’s face. “Your Oppa? Yah, listen little girl. I might not look like much but I can take a down. Kwon Jiyong is my Oppa.” Haeri only laughed, shaking her head. “Chill out, he’s my big brother.” The girls eyes widened and she backed up. “K-Kwon Haeri? The Kwon Haeri? The one who ran away with Jiyong Oppa when she was little?” Haeri nodded, confused at how this girl knew about her past. She didn’t have time to think more as the girl embraced her in a hug. “Yah! Don’t you know?! It’s Kwon Mina! Your soon-to-be sister-in-law!” 

__

I had also planned on skipping the scene Hyeri had with Pyo at his apartment and ultimately making this between Zico and U-Kwon. The part where she wanted to sleep on the couch, in the morning U-Kwon would've woken her up on accident and she would've asked to go with him because he would practice his dancing before school. That would've been their 'start'.

__

a/n ; It's over! Let's be honest this whole thing was poorly written and I'm actually incredibly embarrassed of it. I'm glad that you guys were interested though and I can't thank you enough. I'm sorry to have left for so long and that I've disappointed you but your inital support meant and still means a lot to me. Thanks for sticking along for the ride, though!