1: Blue Pen

Network Error

 

Haeri set the empty box by the door and sighed, running a hand through her hair. The rooftop apartment wasn’t as bad as she was told it’d be. This would be her third night in the small space and she finally finished getting things settled. It’s not as if she had much anyways, she was just a bit slower than others at getting things done. She moved to sit on the floor mattress, pulling her laptop near and logging into her various accounts. ‘Nothing, nothing, nothing.’ she mused as she skimmed through her updates. There wasn’t anything, not even an update on any fanfictions and she knew because she went back and re-read the last chapter of each subscription to be sure. Where was everyone? ‘Oh right, I’m the only one without a life.’ she thought, rolling her eyes. She’d moved from Daegu to Seoul only a few weeks ago and hadn’t made many friends aside from those who already lived here but they’d seemed distant as of late. It didn’t matter; she started school tomorrow anyways and could confront them about making plans or something. She refreshed the page with a sigh, perking up when the sidebar told her ‘New story updates!’, clicking on it quickly and beginning to read about Seoneun’s new adventure with B.A.P. ‘What’s this girl gotten into, aish!’ Haeri scolded, shaking her head. Her friends had quite the imagination when it came to stories but that most certainly wasn’t a bad thing. Two loud bangs came at the door and she looked up in horror. It was 11pm, she didn’t know anyone around here and to be knocking in this manner? Assuming it was a killer and bracing for death, she set the laptop down carefully and etched her way beside the door, listening. Two more loud bangs and she jumped, clutching her heart. ‘Open the door. It’s rude, and if you die, at least Seoneun’s getting some in the next chapter.’ With a nod of faked confidence Haeri gently opened the door. “Yah, you little weirdo!” a male accused, hands on hips. She looked up in confusion, mouth forming an ‘oh’ as her eyes widened. She stared at the blonde, blinking. His 182cm seemed to tower over her 160, making it seem even less real and she jumped again as he yelled. “Hello?!” What did she do, how did she look, was the house clean? ‘Babo you just finished cleaning a bit ago!’ she reminded herself. She gave a short bow and cursed her rising blush. “Y-Ye…” The blonde rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. “You’re connected to my internet.” he stated bluntly and Haeri blinked again, looking up to meet his brown eyes. “Huh?” He looked over at the city view in annoyance. “Listen I don’t care what you do with your time but stop slowing it down with your weird fictions. Don’t you know how much it takes to load all those chapters?!” He’d turned back by now and Haeri momentarily panicked, quickly pulling herself together. “I consider this an invasion of privacy.” she simply replied, turning and closing the door on him. “You ungrateful little- YAH! SEE IF I LET YOU USE THE INTERNET NOW!” he called, hurrying down the stairs and back to his own apartment to disable public access. Haeri tried to breathe slowly, what had she just done? Did she just provoke Woo Jiho as if it was an average thing? Where had he even come from, was it even really him? She’d heard whispers from neighbors over the past few days about there being some kind of famous somebodys around here but she shrugged it off not caring. What was so special about stars anyways? They were just regular people with feelings and stress like everyone else. They just happened to be known and liked by a bigger audience than the rest of the world. A new wave of nausea racked her as she slid down against the door. No, no no no. How did he know she was reading fanfictions? Had he gone through her history? He could do that since it was his network, right? Had he seen all the stories she’d been subscribed to about him? Oh dear lord, had he seen her Tumblr and all the dirty doings of the roleplays she was in? Granted she roleplayed as U-Kwon but still... Haeri groaned, falling over onto her side, staring at the stack of books in front of her. Would he really close the internet? She prayed to God the blonde wasn’t that mean. Did she dare check? What did it matter, she couldn’t check anything anymore without fearing he’d be watching. ‘Oh god, he knows where I live too.’ Now that wasn’t a concern, why would he come back? She crawled over to the laptop, spinning it around towards her and clicked the bars at the bottom right of the screen, scanning the networks. One stood out to her, it seemed bolded and violent, ‘TRYTOUSETHEINTERNETNOW’. She let out another groan, just what had she done? She connected to another network and wondered if another someone would show up at her door. She’d be afraid to visit any site from now on, she couldn’t be on until she bought her own router. Shaking her head she went to disconnect but stopped as a new chat popped up in her messenger. “Don’t mind him, he gets impatient. If you wait a little longer, I can re-enable public access when he’s asleep. :) She blinked, leaning close to the screen. Now, who was this? How did they have her screen name and how did they know what just happened? Was she being stalked? It wasn’t showing her their screen name and she suddenly wondered if this was an Anonymous and if she’d be hacked soon. ‘Great, just what I need right now.’ Forcing a smile, she began to reply. “Ah..thank you but I think I’ll just get my own network so this doesn’t happen again..” “Suit yourself, and some advice..You’d better change your roleplaying habits. You sound more like Kyung than U-Kwon.” That’s the last message she received before the Anon logged off and she hung her head in shame. Oh dear Jesus, sweet Jesus someone else was checking her internet sites out and had even seen her roleplaying on Tumblr. She’d have to change everything, her URL, her passwords, everything but not tonight. Tonight she wanted to close the laptop and hide it under the sink to never be seen again, she was so embarrassed.‘Should I check updates on my phone tomorrow morning then?’ she asked herself, getting up to make sure the door was locked and putting her pajamas on. ‘No, that still takes internet, I can’t risk it. Maybe after school I can go to the electronic store…’ As long as she never had to come in contact with the infamous Zico again, she felt she’d be decently ok. However, there seemed to be someone else who knew her secrets, how could she avoid someone she didn’t know anything about? She banished these thoughts with a yawn and shut off the lights, curling into her bed. ‘Tomorrow’s the first day of school. I can forget all of this and focus on my studies.’

Students looked over at Haeri as she walked through the school gates slowly, admiring the huge building. Someone took ahold of her arm, trying to regain their breath and she looked over in horror, praying to God it was one of her friends.  “A-are you Kwon Haeri?” the taller boy asked, panting and looking at her. She bowed a bit, removing her arm from his grip. “C-can I help you?” He let out a smile and turned around to look behind them, waving his arm in the air. “YAH, IT’S HER JINAE!” ‘Jinae?’ Haeri thought, tilting her head at the mention of her friends name. She didn’t have time to asses further as someone crashed into her from behind, arms wrapping around her in a tight hug. “HAERI-AH! You’re really here?!” the feminine voice giggled, letting go to stand in Haeri’s view. She let out a bright smile and nodded. “Yeah, I’m here! I’m so glad to see you again!” she replied happily, hugging her friend again. Jinae nodded, pulling the boy beside her. “This is Alexander Oppa, you’ll see him often. We’re..d-dating.” she blushed, looking at her shoes. He ruffled her hair and smiled. “Aigoo, you’re so cute Jinae.” He turned to Haeri and extended his hand, “Just call me Xander though.” She nodded and shook his hand before looking back up at the school. “Should we head in? I think we’ll be late if we don’t..” The two nodded and linked arms with her, heading inside to find Haeri’s locker.

Haeri puffed her cheeks in boredom as people chattered around her, laughing and gossiping amongst themselves. Neither Jinae or Xander were in her homeroom and even being the new girl it didn’t seem as though anyone was interested in greeting her. Her phone vibrated in her pocket and she reached to pull it out, flipping it open. “YAH, KWON HAERI!” the voice on the other line yelled. She pulled the phone away from her ear and groaned. The red-head who’d been sitting atop his desk a few feet away looked over at the mentioned name, suddenly more interested in her than in his babbling friends. Haeri put the phone back to her ear and closed her eyes, “Oppa don’t yell in the morning.” “How could you move to Seoul without telling me?!” She opened her eyes and pouted. “I’m sorry, I didn’t want to bother you.” “Bother me? Yah! You’re my only baby sister! Which school is it, I’ll pick you up later.” Haeri smiled and nodded before looking up. U-Kwon had been watching her as she talked on the phone and she blinked, suddenly nervous.“Well?” the voice on the phone asked impatiently. “A-ah, yes. It’s Param High.” “Really?! That’s so close, aish you’re really going to get it when I see you!” the voice warned before ending the call. Was she really so close to her big brother? She knew he was in Seoul, but wasn’t exactly sure where. She’d never wanted to bother him or worry him over anything since he’d done so much for her already. She looked up as Yukwon took the seat in front of her, sitting backwards to face her. “You know what ship never sinks? Friendship. Hi, my name’s Kim Yukwon.” He said, holding out his hand. Haeri blinked, momentarily confused before she understood. ‘That’s the lame post I’d written on the roleplay account the other night!’ Letting out another groan she covered her face with her hands, hanging her head in shame. “Please..don’t tell me…” she mumbled, peeking through her fingers. He took his hand back and nodded. “You’ve got quite some way of portraying me all cutely. Do I have to show you how bad I can be so you can get it right?” he whispered, leaning in and smirking. She blushed and shook her head quickly, looking around as girls began to whisper to each other about the two. “Did..did everyone see?” she asked softly,  praying to God he’d been the only other one.  “Yah, don’t you know how interesting your social life online is? Of course we’ve all seen. You’re definitely something, Oppa.” he laughed, ruffling her hair. “Aish, kill me now.” she whined, looking over as the groups maknae joined them. “Yo, new girl.” he greeted her before turning to his friend. “Did you do the homework last night? I didn’t have time this morning.” Yukwon shook his head. “You never finish your homework babo, and I never let you copy mine. Why do you always ask?” The younger one shrugged and held out his hand for Haeri to shake. “My name’s Pyo Jihoon, what’s yours?” She glanced at Yukwon who was smirking again and spoke for her. “This is Haeri. The girl from last night. She transferred in today.” Jihoon laughed and turned to her. “Really? You’re the one with the blog?” She sighed and nodded, would she have to go through this with every member? She squeaked in surprise as he shoved her shoulder and looked over at him. “Yah, why don’t you ever help me when I have problems there? You don’t like me?” he scolded, crossing his arms. “W-What?” “Every time my roleplayer complains about his whale you never respond, it’s always other weirdos. Don’t other people ship PyoKwon? What’ve you got against us?” Haeri rolled her eyes as her blush crept back up. “I don’t ship anyone. I’m not that kind of admirer.” “Right, you’re the kind that ships yourself with us, isn’t that right Oppa?” Yukwon smiled, tilting his head.  Haeri blinked and groaned again, setting her head on the desk. They’d gone through which fictions she’d read too? “I’m offended that you don’t read any about me.” Pyo said, pouting with fake hurt in his voice. “Go away~” Haeri whined, looking over at him. He put his hand over his heart, “Oh god, the pain! You’re so cruel Oppa~” before laughing and straightening up, getting serious. “But actually I sit here. You’re stuck with me.” Haeri looked around for another empty seat but class would be starting soon and there weren’t any left. All three looked over as the teacher entered and Yukwon got up to get back to his own seat, allowing a timid girl to sit where he’d previously been. “Good morning class.” The teacher mused tiredly, expecting the class to be as exhausted as he was. He blinked as he pulled a paper from his desk and looked at the students, searching quickly until he settled on Haeri. “We have a new student?” The students shrugged and looked back at her. Haeri gave a short bow before sliding out of her seat. “My name is Kwon Haeri...I hope you’ll take care of me.”  “Thank you, Ms. Kwon.” The teacher replied as she took her seat again.

She silently took notes, looking up at the board as a note was tossed onto her desk. She blinked at it a few times as the teacher continued writing on the board and carefully opened the folded paper. ‘Hope to see you around, new girl. ;)’ it read in blue pen. She furrowed her brows, unsure of who’d sent it and before she could look around to maybe get a hint, Pyo stole it from her. “Hey!” Haeri whispered in detest as he began scribbling on it. Once he was finished, he smiled and nodded to himself, passing it to the boy behind Haeri, who passed it to a girl beside him, who passed it to the boy behind her. Haeri watched intently for his reaction to whatever Pyo had written and pouted as he let out a groan and crumbled it up, sulking. What was written there? She looked back to the troublemaker who wasn’t paying attention, focused on the board as the teacher went on. Just what had he written, and why did he steal her note in the first place? It’d be understandable if the note hadn’t been meant for her but she was sure by ‘new girl’ they didn’t mean the cheeky blonde. “Kwon Haeri! Pay attention!” the teacher snapped and she blushed, apologizing and quickly going back to taking notes. When class had finished everyone piled out of the room and Haeri slid her last book into her bag, looking over as she noticed the crumbled note on the floor by the boy who’d written its desk. She looked around to make sure no one would see as she walked over to pick it up, uncrumbling it to finally see what Pyo had written. ‘Don’t bother Himchan. She belongs to Block B.’ Haeri blinked a few times, shaking her head at the stupidity. She didn’t belong to anyone, especially not that group of boys. She was slightly upset that Pyo had scared him off though, the boy was kind of cute. Well, nothing she could do about it now. She sighed and grabbed her bag, heading out into the hall and to her next class.

 

 

I put blonde because I have no idea what to call Pyo's hair color. OTL