4: Another Blonde

Network Error

An hour and a half later she peered out the window at the quiet night, deciding it was just too dark to go out. ‘But Seoneun’s getting some…I really have to know what happens! Aish, I can’t wait another day.’ Haeri pulled herself up, quickly changing into comfortable clothes before slipping on her shoes and heading to the place she never wanted to have to go. 314 was on the third floor and down a ways from the elevator, making it impossible for her if she wanted to knock and then run in embarrassment that she needed to ask for help after refusing so boldly earlier. She gave a sigh and knocked a few times, crossing her arms. Stupid Seoneun, stupid story, stupid router. She looked up as Zico opened the door, raising an eyebrow. Haeri thought he looked like he’d just woken up and bowed apologetically. “I’m sorry, were you sleeping?” “What do you need?” he replied coldly. “W-Well, it’s…it’s dark out and I don’t want to walk alone to the electronics store…I wouldn’t have asked, especially not you but something came up and I need my internet..” she explained, staring at her shoes. “Why are you asking me?” he groaned, closing his eyes. She looked back up, waving her hands about. “Ani, it doesn’t have to be you..just…Pyo said to come here so..” Zico nodded and opened the door wider for her to come in. “This is my apartment, they just hang out here a lot.” he explained, shutting the door behind her. The room was kind of dark and a small bit of fear sliced through her knowing the others weren’t around right now. ‘And he’s the dangerous one, what have you gotten yourself into Kwon Haeri? You should forget your router and go now before something happens to you!’ her brain called and Zico let out a yawn as he walked to his room. “Give me a minute. I’ll walk you there.” “Y-Ye..” Haeri replied, giving a slight bow before looking around again. It wasn’t a spotless apartment but for containing 7 boys most of the time it seemed pretty clean and she was impressed. If she was to be honest, it didn’t  really seem like anyone lived here. It felt empty. There wasn’t a desk cluttered with school work, no water set out on the counter and no movies beside the TV. ‘Block B are troublemakers, Haeri.’ her brothers voice resounded in her mind. Did the apartment even belong to them, to Zico? What if he was staying here without the building manager knowing? Then again, they weren’t real gangsters, were they?Yah, are you ready?” Zico asked in annoyance, waving a hand in front of her face. She blinked and nodded, thanking the darkness of the room for hiding her blush as they headed out into the hall. “Next time you need something go to Pyo. His room’s 215.” Zico said as they exited the elevator, the awkward atmosphere easing as they were joined by other people. “I’m sorry to have bothered you. I didn’t intend to it’s just-“ “Whatever. Let’s get this over with.” he snapped, walking ahead of her. Why was he such an ? She felt like turning back and asking Pyo instead but decided against it as Zico was already outside and she rushed to catch up. “Is it far?” she asked, walking beside him. “Not really. We’re in an area that’s quite populated.” She nodded and put a finger to her lips in thought. ‘Quite populated?’ Was that a good thing? Were there other gangs around that she should know about? She didn’t want to ask her guide but she didn’t really want to ask her Oppa either. There probably weren’t any around, right? Jiyong would've known, he’s a bigshot isn’t he? Then again he didn’t know Block B lived beside her so maybe there were other gangs around. “Yah!” Zico yelled at her, pulling her away from the curb as a car zoomed by. “M-Mianhe..” Haeri replied quietly, bowing a bit as he glared at her. “Why are you always like this?” he asked in a raised tone, crossing his arms. “Huh?” she asked innocently, looking up at him. “You never watch where you’re going, what’s in your head that’s so much more important than what’s out here?” he asked, gesturing to the general area. “If you’re making some weird scenario in your head about me you’d better stop now. I’ll leave you here.” he warned. Haeri rolled her eyes. “Why would I think about you? Honestly I was questioning if there were gangs I needed to watch out for or not around here. It doesn’t seem like a bad place..” he turned back around and continued walking, shoving his hands in his pockets. “As long as your brother is the leader of Big Bang, and as long as the boys keep their attachment to you, you’ll be fine.” She hurried to walk beside him again, shrugging. “Yeah but what if it’s like all the stories and I get kidnapped or something because of it?” He let out a short laugh and looked over at her, “Seriously? Haven’t you learned by now that those stories are nothing like what really goes on?” Haeri nodded. “Of course. You’re not cute and loveable like they make you to be. You’re actually really kind of mean.” she replied bravely. She heard a loud squeak before realizing it had come from her own lips as Zico pushed her against the metal fence they’d been walking beside. He leaned close as her eyes widened, and she thought her mind had been right. She should’ve left his apartment when she had the chance. “You’d better watch who you’re insulting.” he growled close to her ear. Why hadn’t she thought this through? Why had she opened ? “A-Arraso.” She mumbled, pushing his chest gently to get him to back off. He moved away and began walking again as she tried to catch her breath before following. ‘Babo babo babo’ she scolded herself, shaking her head. Her blush wouldn’t die down so easily and she cursed as they pulled up to the electronics store, shedding light on her flushed cheeks. “Hurry and find one.” Zico snapped, gesturing towards the row of routers. Haeri nodded and quickly sifted through her options, choosing the cheapest one and paying before trying to catch up to him again. The walk back was silent and for various reasons Haeri was glad for it, not wanting to anger him anymore than she had. If this was how he treated her normally, she didn’t want to know what it’d be like to piss him off. He didn’t even say goodbye as they parted once they’d returned and she puffed her cheeks, calling out. “Thank you Zico-ssi!” He waved over his shoulder as he headed into the apartment building and Haeri sighed, heading back up to hers. Despite the cost of trouble she still got her router and if she was quick to set it up she could read the new chapter before bed. It’d feel good to have her own network, knowing she wouldn’t be spied on again.

The next morning Haeri groaned as she shifted her backpack, hurrying down the stairs. She’d overslept just enough to worry her about being late and she blamed Block B for making her miss of a day of updates that took nearly 3 hours to check. Finally down the stairs she sighed, even being late she could probably still walk there and be on time, or just miss the bell but she was new. They’d excuse her for it most likely. Zico exited his apartment building at the same time she began to pass it and she gave a slight wave in greeting. “Where are the others?” she asked to make conversation as they began walking. He seemed even more tired than he had been last night and she almost regretted asking him such a question this early. “They’re ahead already. Don’t you know we’re a bit late?” he replied coldly, not even facing her. She sighed and nodded to herself, ‘Right, why do I even try?’ “Did you catch up on your weird fictions?” he asked as they rounded a corner. “Y-yeah. I don’t read anymore about any of you though! Aish, so annoying. I should just write one myself and let the truth be known about you guys.” He smirked, wrapping an arm around her waist and pulling her closer. “You wouldn’t want to do a dangerous thing like that.” Haeri blushed and pouted, shoving him gently. “I wouldn’t want to write about you guys anyways. I’m totally over your group, don’t you know Zico-ssi?” “I’m older than you, Kwonnie. You’ll call me Oppa.” he stated firmly, annoyed at her disinterest. Haeri rolled her eyes and tried to push him away again. “Ani, why should I?” He laughed and she looked over in surprise at the sweet sound before he leaned over, kissing her neck gently and whispering near her ear, “Wae? You don’t want to?” She couldn’t even come up with a coherent response as her thoughts spun at his action, snapping out of her trance as someone called her name. “YAH! KWON HAERI! STOP RIGHT THERE!” The pair looked behind them as someone rushed to catch up, panting in his sprint. “W-What do you think you’re doing right now? Didn’t Jiyong tell you to stay away from this punk?” Seungri mused, gesturing towards Zico. “Seungri Oppa…” Haeri started, moving towards him as Zico let her go. Seungri took her hand and began pulling her along, making a face at the blonde who’d been left behind. “What was he doing to you Haeri-ah? Tell me, I’ll beat him up for you!” the panda mused as he pulled her along. “He wasn’t d-doing anything Oppa!” “He had his arm around your waist! Yah, you aren’t fooling around with him are you?! Jiyong’ll be so pissed off the world will collapse!” he insisted, looking to her with pleading eyes. “I wouldn’t fool around with him if he was the last guy on earth!” Haeri called in disgust. “Then explain yourself!” he called back. She looked up at the school building and smiled, glad she could avoid this conversation. “I have to go, I’m late already.” she insisted, pulling away from his grip. “Yah! This isn’t over, I’ll be back to walk you home. If I see you around him again you’ll really get it Kwon Haeri.” He warned, forcefully poking her forehead as she let out a sound of detest, rubbing the sore spot. “I swear it’s nothing Oppa.” He rolled his eyes and waved before rushing off. ‘But it really is nothing..’ Haeri thought to herself with a pout, heading into the school as the bell rang.

“Ooh~ Yukwon Oppa’s late~” Pyo mused playfully as she slid into her seat. “Shut up, you.” she complained tiredly, resting her head on her desk. The morning had already taken her patience away and she wished she could just go back to sleep. “What’s wrong?” he asked, leaning over and tilting his head. “I..shouldn’t ever need help again, but if I do…Zico said your apartment was 215, is that right?” she asked softly, looking up at him. His expression was blank but he nodded, sitting back. “Did you need me for something last night?” “Not really. I didn’t want to walk to the store by myself when it was so dark and I had to walk with Zico because it was his apartment you told me to go to yesterday.” He nodded and apologized that he hadn’t been clear as the teacher entered the room, hushing all conversations so he could begin the lesson.

 

“So your name’s Haeri?” someone asked, setting an arm around her shoulders as she began walking back to her table during lunch. She looked up at the blonde in confusion. “Y-Ye..” He smiled, “Why don’t you come sit with me? You must not know too many people since you’re new.” “Actually I’ve got a table already, if you’ll excuse me.” she replied, getting weird vibes from him. “Shall I sit with you then?” he asked, winking at her as they walked. She looked up as another person stepped in front of them and blinked. “What are you doing, Himchan?” Pyo asked icily. “Why, can’t I make a new friend?” the one named Himchan asked sweetly, pinching Haeri’s cheek. She looked up at him, offended he was already touching her so carelessly when they hadn’t even been properly introduced yet. “You can’t. Go back to your table.” Pyo replied, pointing across the room. Haeri stared at him, unsure of where this new person came from. This wasn’t her smiling Pyo, this was Jihoon and she didn’t want to be around him like this. “Jihoonie, let me have some fun huh? What do you care anyways?” Himchan laughed, raising an eyebrow. “I won’t tell you again, she’s ours.” Jihoon growled. “I don’t belong to anyone.” Haeri replied boldly, looking up to him. “Shut up Haeri.” he snapped, glaring at her. Her stomach turned at his harshness, her fear escalating. Maybe she spaced out, maybe she’d began thinking too much like usual but when she finally focused back the rest of Block B were in front of them, their attitudes matching Pyo’s. Why were they being this way? Just who was this guy?Step away, Himchan.” Zico said firmly as the boys stared the blonde down. Himchan shrugged, moving his hand around Haeri’s waist. “Why? This is getting interesting. Just who is she?” People began to whisper as they watched the scene, moving to get a decent view. “Come here Haeri.” Yukwon demanded, snapping his fingers and pointing in front of him. She couldn’t move. She was afraid. What was going on, why did everyone change so suddenly? Her smiling boys seemed long left behind and she began to wonder about this side of them. Were they a gang? Was Himchan in a gang? Was she really in the middle of all this? Now Haeri!” Yukwon yelled angrily, snapping again. She took a step back, eyes wide. She should do as he says, she should move beside her boys but she couldn’t. They terrified her now, so suddenly changing into monsters this way. “The girl doesn’t want to go. That means she’s on our turf now.” Himchan grinned victoriously. “This is your last chance Haeri, you’re going to regret it.” Zico warned lowly, keeping his eyes on the blonde. “Boys boys, what are making such a scene for?” a taller boy asked, coming to lean on Himchan’s shoulder with a sly smile. “You know what’s going on.” Kyung replied, crossing his arms. “Aigoo, can’t we share our toys? How old are we?” the guy asked sweetly, tilting his head. B-Bomb moved forward, grabbing the boys jacket collar and pulling him close. “Tell him to drop her, now.” he snarled and the boy laughed. Himchan's grip on her waist tightened a bit and she looked up at him, her stomach a mess of knots at the scene, of her lack of reflexes, her lack of thought. “You’re putting in a lot of effort over a dispensable playtoy.” Yongguk pointed out and Haeri gasped as B-Bomb swung him into a nearby lunch table. The girls who’d been sitting there screamed, quickly getting up and running to the walls of the lunch room where most of the students had begun gathering. Someone clutched at the back of Haeri’s jacket, causing her to duck as she was quickly pulled backwards, just dodging out of the way before Zico threw a fist at Himchan. She looked to see who pulled her and blinked at yet another blonde. He seemed younger than her,and he moved to take her hand, pulling her away from the fight. “A-Ani!” she said, finally pulling the courage she needed a few minutes ago up, pulling back. He stopped and turned to her, shaking his head. “We have to get you out of here.” She turned back to the fighting and guilt her heart. This was all her fault, everyone was getting hurt because of her. She shouldn’t make things worse and leave with this boy, right? What if he was just like them, they did have the same hair color and that seemed like the groups thing. “Come on!” he persisted, tugging on her hand. Haeri bit her lip, allowing him to pull her away as she continued watching the fight.  

 

 

The thing is, I have a lot written down but it's all mismatch scenes. There's no where to put them right now. I also felt like the two 'Zico scenes' were too close but I was too lazy to bother anymore with it.

Did you know, You're my B.A.P girl is a real story? It's written by one of my good friends Dubudae. Check that out if you get time. :)

And, I know I need to work on Princess my ! but did you guys check out the oneshot I wrote recently? If you've got requests, hit me up. I'll see what I can do, sometimes I need a distraction from my two main stories so I don't get bored with them. :)