5: Oppa

Network Error

 

The boy quickly pulled her across the school, through the halls and up two flights of stairs to the Science wing before suddenly halting. Dropping her hand, he smiled brightly and sat down against a locker, motioning her to join him. Haeri blinked and shuffled her shoes hesitantly, still unsure about the blonde and questioning if she should go back or not but she didn’t have a choice but to stay as the boy reached up and tugged her hand, causing her to fall as she was pulled downward. He giggled as she pouted and sat against the locker, pulling her knees up. “My name’s Zelo.” he shrugged, offering his hand. She looked over and bowed her head a bit before shaking his hand. “Haeri.” Zelo nodded and puffed his cheeks.  “So, you’re with Block B?” “So, you’re with the blondes?” she countered, raising an eyebrow. He looked up at his hair and nodded, turning another smile to her. “Yupp. Our name’s B.A.P. Do you know what it stands for?” Haeri shook her head, unsure if she wanted to know but wasn’t it better if she collected information? She could be a spy, he was part of that group wasn’t he? If she made friends with them and infiltrated their group, she could tell Block B all about it and- Wait, Zelo was a part of that group,the same group fighting with her boys downstairs over her. She’d ed up, again. If they were mad at her now she could only imagine what would happen if they knew who she was with. This was the enemy, she was alone with the enemy. She had to get out of here, she had to get back downstairs and- “It stands for Best Absolute Perfect.” Zelo smiled triumphantly, clapping his hands together. She looked over and nodded, unsure of what to do. Should she just go? Would he chase her if she ran? “Let’s be friends.” he said seriously, looking ahead at the lockers on the other side of the hall. “W-What?” Haeri asked, eyes widening. “I know I’m in a rival group, and I know you’re probably afraid of us right now but we’re not so bad you know. At least,I’m not so bad. What the others do, how they act, how they think, I’m not involved in all that. I’ve been with them since I was little but that’s the only reason I hang around them. That’s why I stole you away, Haeri. If I hadn’t, Daehyun would’ve done the same thing but he wouldn’t have been nice to you…I didn’t want that to happen to you.” He looked back over at her with a sigh. “We know who your brother is. You’re a target now, especially to Yongguk and what Yongguk wants, Yongguk gets. Block B’s pretty strong I guess but I don’t know that they can protect you.” A headache was forming in Haeri’s mind and she shook her head in confusion. What was he telling her? What did he just say, ‘protect her’? Protect her from what, what was this Yongguk going to do to her? How did they find out about her brother? Should she even listen to this boy? What if it was all a lie to get her to trust him? “I don’t…understand and I don’t think I should be here with you-“ “Yah, have I hurt you? Have I threatened you or been mean? I’m on your side here, I don’t want you to get hurt. I’ll do the best I can to dissuade B.A.P from going after you if you’ll just trust me.” Haeri crossed her arms and looked around the hall. It was empty, things were silent, you couldn’t hear the fight from up here and the emptiness made her even more uneasy. This was a prime location to have someone alone, wasn’t it? “Why would you do this when you’re one of them? What makes me so special? Are you afraid of my brother?” Zelo shrugged but nodded and looked at his watch. “I don’t have time to explain, the bell is going to ring in a minute. Listen, I know you don’t trust me yet but tell your brother that Junhong’s keeping an eye on you alright? Let him explain-“ The bell rang loudly and Haeri’s heart eased knowing any minute students would be filing up the stairs and they’d no longer be alone. Zelo smiled a bit and pushed himself up, extending his hand to help her up as well. Once she was standing she brushed her skirt off and looked back up at the tall boy who had his hand outstretched again. “Friends until given a decent reason not to be?” he asked sweetly, tilting his head. Haeri knew she’d regret it, knew it was the wrong thing to do but she shook his hand and nodded anyways. The boy hadn’t hurt her, he’d protected her like he said, right? “Sure.” she replied, biting her lip. He grinned and nodded, waving before rushing down the hall and she watched him go in thought. What did he said to tell Jiyong? Junhong was watching her? Who was he and why was he watching her? Was that a threat? It didn’t sound like a threat…With a shrug she began heading down the stairs again, eager to get back to class and back to a normal day. It couldn’t get any worse, right? She was pretty sure she’d caused as much trouble as possible today. Getting her boys into a fight, running away and becoming friends with the enemy. What else was there? Besides, the boys had been fighting. They’d never even know who she was with right? Surely no one noticed her disappearance. As long as Zelo didn’t talk to her in front of them, Block B would never know.

She shuffled back into the classroom as students were whispering to each other excitedly and she blocked them out, not wanting to hear about the fight. She slipped into her seat and looked around. Neither Pyo or Yukwon were here yet. Was the fight still going on? Did they get suspended, or expelled? She prayed to God they hadn’t gotten in serious trouble because of her. Why couldn’t she have just listened? Why was she so afraid? She looked up as the class quieted a bit, all eyes on Pyo who was making his way to his seat. He wasn’t smiling, he didn’t say anything as he took his seat and stared ahead as the whispers picked back up. Haeri looked him over, guilt washing over her. His uniform was torn apart and he looked tired and defeated amongst his angry façade. “Pyo..?” she asked, tilting her head. She’d noticed the slight cut on the bottom of his lip and wondered if he even cared or not. “Pyo?” He wasn’t answering her, he was ignoring her as he kept his gaze straight ahead. Haeri reached into her pocket and pulled out her handkerchief, reaching over to grasp his chin, making him look at her. “Jihoon, you’re hurt.” she sighed and leaned over to gently dab at the drying blood, doing her best to be careful. He watched her as she worked, unsure if he wanted to be angry with her or touched by her kindness. She smiled to herself, grateful she was good for something and equally grateful he wasn’t protesting. Of course this wouldn’t make up for the trouble she caused but she hoped to earn some kind of brownie points later on when they confronted her. Surely she’d get some kind of lecture or torture. Loud gasps and whistles came from the classroom as he leaned over suddenly, pressing his lips against hers in a soft kiss. Girls began to whine and Pyo said nothing as he pulled away and got up, bumping shoulders with Yukwon as he left, the red head just coming in. The abused looked after his friend in confusion, turning to meet Haeri’s eyes. She couldn’t breathe, she didn’t understand what just happened and she only knew she wanted to go after him. Yukwon nodded to her as if reading her thoughts and she got up, shoving her books into her bag, slinging it over her shoulder as she hurried out of the room. “215!” Yukwon called after her from the doorway and she waved over her shoulder in acknowledgment. Why was she doing this? Who was she going after? She was going to be in trouble, no, she was going to be in hell when Seungri came to pick her up and she wasn’t here. When Jiyong Oppa finds out she skipped class to chase after a Block B member…She shook her head, it wasn’t time to worry. Maybe someone could cover for her? She reached the main hall and stopped to catch her breath, looking around. The hall was emptying and neither Jinae or Xander happened to be anywhere within sight. Haeri groaned as she looked to the right, spotting Zico walking towards her with his head down. He was the last person she wanted to ask, probably the last person willing to help her. She didn’t have a choice though, she either died now or later and she preferred later. How could she persuade him? He wasn’t easily swayed, this would take some crafty work and Haeri hoped she could pull something out quickly. Nodding to herself with fake confidence, she quickly hurried to stand in front of him, blocking his way with outstretched arms. “The are you doing?” he asked angrily, glaring at her. “J-Jiho Oppa…” she tried out, eyes pleading. His tension seemed to ease, taken aback at the fond name.  She took this as a sign that it was working and moved to grab his hand, pouting. “Oppa, please cover for me when Seungri Oppa comes, ne?” Zico frowned and pulled his hand away, crossing his arms. “What?” “I can’t explain, I have to go. Will you do it, Oppa?” “Why would I-“ Haeri shook her head and put a finger to her lips, shushing him. She signaled him to come closer so she could whisper and although hesitant at first he leaned forward. Grinning, she kissed his cheek instead and waved as she rushed off. “Thank you Jiho Oppa!” “YAH! KWON HAERI!” he called angrily, watching her leave through the main doors. He childishly wiped at his cheek as he made his way to his class, burying the butterflies in his stomach. He wasn’t going to fall for her, he’d told himself already and he wasn’t going back on his word. What would he tell Seungri though? What was her friends name…Jaeyoung? Jiyeon? Dammit, what was it? He passed by Kyung’s class and slowly backed up, standing in the doorway. “Yah, Park Kyung!” he called in annoyance. “Mr. Woo how dare you interrupt-“ “Yeah yeah.” Zico replied, rolling his eyes at the teacher and looking back to his friend. “Who’s that girl that hangs out with Little Kwonnie?” Kyung tilted his head in thought, “Lee Jinae?” Zico smiled and nodded, turning to go. “Thank you~” He heard Kyung apologizing to the teacher as he headed back to his own classroom and laughed. Right, Jinae.

 

 

It's been so long, I sincerely apologize. This is pretty too, what am I doing anymore? OTL

I'm rushing all the things. Sorry sorry sorry~