The dinner invitation

The Plumber
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Though Kyuhyun was surprised with the invitation, he managed to composed himself, and smile and said politely "Ohhh, thank you, Mr Kim for the invitation. So nice of you. Yes, I will be there tomorrow night"

"Great!" Mr Kim smile at him. "Are you going jogging again with Ryeowook on Saturday?"

If Kyuhyun was surprised about the dinner invitation, he was more surprised that Mr Kim knew about their jogging session!

"You knew about our jogging session?" he asked Mr Kim, who smile happily and nodded. Kyuhyun continued "Ryeowook wanted to join me for my jogging, so I fetched her last Saturday. I rather she's in my car, than worrying her riding all the way using her scooter" he smile.

Mr Kim was happy that Kyuhyun was worried about his daughter's safety. It means that this Kyuhyun does care about her! This was a good starting point! He liked this Kyuhyun guy a lot and hope that love blossom between him and his girl!

"As a parent,  I always worried about her riding her scooter too, but she wanted to be independent, so I give in. There's some good thing coming out of it, though. She's more mature doing things on her own, and even during our family meals, she often offer her opinions on my company issues!" he laughed.

"She has strong will and she didn't want to just rely on you and your wife. You raised her well" he smile at Mr Kim.

"If I may ask, how did you two meet again, after the plumbing service at my house?" Mr Kim asked Kyuhyun. 

"Ohhh, it was totally unplanned actually.  The first time was in a cafe near Inha Uni, and I dropped by the cafe for my lunch,  after I bought some items from a DIY shop nearby. She was having her lunch there and I joined her for lunch. That was how I got to know about she's riding scooter for her daily transport" Kyuhyun told him. Mr Kim nodded with understanding.

And Kyuhyun continued "I saw her riding her scooter dangerously one day, and when we bumped into each other again at a supermarket, and we had a drink and talked, I did advise her not to ride dangerously like that time, so, I asked her if I can call her every night, just to know that she's home safely..." Kyuhyun smile and looked down.

Mr Kim felt happy that actually,  Kyuhyun had started to get to know his daughter better, and he could tell that both Kyuhyun and his girl do like each other a lot! 

"Thank you for caring about Wookie and advising her! At least I know there's somebody that she could talk to everyday and rely on" Mr Kim smile with appreciation.  "Okayy, I see you tomorrow at 7pm? And you don't have to bring anything. It's just a normal dinner, nothing fancy" Mr Kim grinned.

Kyuhyun stood up and bowed "Thank you, Mr Kim, for the contract and for the invite. Yes, I'll be there around 7pm tomorrow" he shook hands with Mr Kim, who stood up too, and bowed again before he turned to leave.

"See you, Kyuhyun!!" Mr Kim was smiling from ear to ear as he was happy that Kyuhyun would be coming to their house tomorrow. 

On the way back to his office,  Kyuhyun called Ryeowook.  "Heyy Ryeong,  have you eaten the sandwich?"

"Yup,  surprisingly,  the bacon was fresh and tender! It was super tasty!!" Ryeowook told him with a satisfying voice. "How's the meetup with appa?"

"I got the contract!" he grinned happily.

"Congratulations!! So happy for you!!!" Ryeowook genuinely felt happy for him! His hardwork to expand his business really paid off!

'And..... guess what..?" Kyuhyun added on, because surely Ryeowook would be surprised too.

"Got more news?" Ryeowook asked curiously. 

"Your appa invited me to have dinner tomorrow night, at your house!!" Kyuhyun grinned.

"What?!!" Ryeowook said, with surprised. Her father invited Kyuhyun for dinner? Was this contract so important to appa? She asked her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter