Trick... or Treat

31 Days Of Halloween (Stray Kids): October 2023

 

SUMMARY:

Felix and Jisung are half-demons (Imps) and they like to cause chaos. This time they have a plan to create more where the kids are: Trick or Treat?

Woojin, Minho, and Changbin have to stop them & Chan's on lockdown because of that one time Felix got in his head and nearly took him back to his world (a pocket of Hell).

*WARNING: Is kinda creepy... and a little messed up. But it's not as bad as it sounds. I don't think.

 


 

31 Days Of Halloween (Stray Kids):  October 2023

Story Twenty-Two:

Trick... or Treat

-

 

 

  "To poison or to curse," Jisung began the spell and added a dash of acrid-smelling gas to the potion.  Yellow fog began to roll over the edges of the cauldron.  His red eyes sparked with excitement.
  "I add more power with this rhyming verse," Felix, his demonic twin said.  He spit in it.  The fog glowed like a warm light had been flipped on inside.  He gremlin laughed and bounced, clapping his hands loudly.  The chaotic display created energy, and even more because it was genuine.  "Now, for the next verse, the foul-mouthed kids of this universe..."  He added a dead man's toe and the potion sizzled.
  "...a treat this will be for all who see," Jisung said.  Lightning struck the tree behind him.  His eyes widened.  "Hey," he said to the sky.  "We're okay..."  He grinned and his teeth lengthened to sharp points.  "...let's play and sway to this deadly display of nature's power on All Hallows Day."
  Felix giggled.  "Come all ye' children, come seek the bleak, dark dastardly rewards and get what you reap.  It's Trick-"
  Jisung spit in the cauldron.  "-or Treat."  The light turned purple.
  "Which one will it be?"
  They cackled as the potion turned red and began to leak like blood from a wound.
  Together they said, "Appearance, make meat, fool the eyes that peek, punish them for they make others weep."
  The fog cleared, leaving behind a cauldron overflowing with various types of cursed candies."
  "What will it be Lixie," Jisung said.  "Trick or Treat?"
  "Hannie, tell me for I can only anticipate the outcome of what the best choice will be."
  They grinned sharp-toothed grins and together they said, "So mote it be."
  Lightning struck the same tree and split it in two.  The pieces groaned and fell to the ground.
  Their cackles echoed sending the promise of mischief out into the fridge morning air.

 

-

 

  "We're going to have a nice, peaceful Halloween," Chan said.  He looked relaxed, but Changbin had to 
burst his happy bubble.
  "The sunshine twins are back."
  Chan pulled the car over.  He took many calming breaths.  "You know for sure that they're back?  Like... no rumors, but actual fact?"
  "I have a friend who does Taro and she got a Gemini card and the Devil card.  So-"
  "Gemini for twins and Devil for demon.  Got it, thank you."  He fake cried into the stern wheel.
  "They did promise not to do full-on curses anymore.  Just... minor mischief.  Even humans do that on Halloween."
  "Don't defend them," he said weakly.  "I need you on my side against them."
  "I am not defending them.  I'm just stating facts.  A situation is only as dramatic as you hype it up to be.  They're not even full demons.  Just... imps.  Are they dangerous?  Yes.  Will they kill someone?  Most definitely.  Is that their main priority?  No.  Do they want to cause a little chaos for chaos's sake?  Yep."
  Chan scratched his left eyebrow.  "I'm not seeing a logic here."
  He exhaled a quick breath.  "Me either.  It's bad.  It's all bad.  You're a witch though.  You can get your wand and Woojin Hyung and Minho Hyung and make sure they don't actually hurt anybody.
  "That's if they even agree to help.  They might have plans.  We don't even know where the twins will be."
  "Uh-  It's Halloween.  They'll be where the kids are.  The kids will be Trick-Or-Treating.  They like to teach lessons, remember?"
  "Or provide a terrifying experience, remember?"  He rubbed his arms as goosebumps broke out.  "I should be staying as far away from this as possible."

 

-

 

  "You're not going," Woojin said.  "Remember what happened last time?  Felix got in your head and nearly took you to the Imp World, a pocket of Hell.  God only knows what he would've done to you there."
  "You're right.  Logically I know you're right.  I'm also terrified of them hurting kids.  We need to stop them."
  "We... aren't doing anything.  I and some others are going to find them and try and fool whatever their evil plans are.  You... are going to do your Halloween plans either out of town or from the safety of your own enchanted house.  Behind a locked door.
  "Yes, Hyung."

 

-

 

  Chan felt like a squatter in his own house.  It's not like he did much for Halloween but having to stay home .  He had watched a few movies - Halloween ones, of course.  Now he was bored.
  "Hurt me-"
  He had been reaching into the refrigerator for a drink when he'd heard the voice.  His heart rabbited as he leaned over to look into the living room.  The glow from the TV showed just his couch and the loveseat against the back wall.  Cold broke out on his skin and dread dropped into his stomach as long black nails slid around the door frame of the hallway.  A bright red eye soon joined it, along with hair so blonde it nearly looked blonde.
  "Channie," is sang so playfully that he nearly screamed.  Felix moved in a way that made him think of a snake, so "slithered" was an accurate description of how he turned the corner into the kitchen.  "I want to play, Channie."
  His house was guarded against all outside magic, demons included.  This shouldn't be possible.  His heart thumped extra hard at the sound of his carport door unlocking.  That would only be the other one, Jisung.  He heard his voice before he heard the door begin to open.
  "We want to play, Channie-"
  He sat up, panting.  Sweat had soaked his shirt.  A dream- no nightmare.  Just that.  His house had been warded against any magic, so they couldn't even mess with his dreams.  It could be residual from Felix getting into his head last time though.  , he really needed a drink.  He went to make one.

 

-

 

  Woojin, Minho, and Changbin had split up to search the two blocks of Chan's small town, where Trick-Or-Treating took place.
  Minho had cloaked himself as he flew on his broom.  So far he hadn't noticed anything suspicious.
  Woojin had shifted into a golden retriever with Changbin on the leash.  They could blend in that way and get a better scent.

 

-

 

  Jisung had pointed it out, a few kids picking on one individual in the group.  "It really ticks my melon when people claim to be your friend and then they gaslight you for showing your emotions."
  They had a booth set up between two trees, a bubbling cauldron on each side- bubbling only because of dry ice, of course.  Shrunken heads hung from trees led the way as did moss-covered concert stones and a sign that read, "TRiCk OR TrEaT?"
  Felix giggled and skipped along the moss-covered path.  "Candy.  Get your candy.  Trick... or Treat," he sang.  The kids turned in their direction.  He'd dressed as a bunny with pink cheeks and long ears and everything, so when one of the kids asked, "What are you supposed to be?"  All he could think was, "You little .  Trick it'll definitely be."

 

-

 

  Many Many years later, after the Sunshine twins had turned a new leaf and become one of the good guys... sort of... they'd be reminded of this day.  The day they gave enchanted candy to a kid who hadn't done anything wrong.
  "So let me get this straight," Chan said.  "The Treat part was the kid getting a wish granted... at any point in time in their life?  Whatever-  Whatever... they wanted?"
  Felix grimaced.  Jisung shrugged.
  "It's chaos," they said.
  "We never knew what to expect," Felix said.  "Things like this tend to linger."
  Chan's eyes widened, "Yeah.  Twenty years later.  When the kid is nearly thirty.  He becomes a vampire, slaughters a gang of thieves, and we lot have to cover up the mess."
  They look at each other, then him.  They say, "Whoops?"
  If looks could kill they'd die on the pot, but since Chan was literally a Masochist, one of the many things Felix adored about him, he'd more likely combust.
  "I love you," Felix sighed out.
  "Shut up," he snapped.
  "Thank you," they said and cackled.
  And this was now Chan's life.
  Happy Halloween, kids.

 


 

* If you liked the story give it an UPVOTE & SUBSCRIBE to be notified when I post another Halloween fun chapter :)

 


 

Thank you for reading,

Demitria_Teague (Author ;)

*

Click HERE to Read the Newest Story - "Autistic Magical Community... Stuff" >