Campville (Season: Autumn)

31 Days Of Halloween (Stray Kids): October 2023

 

SUMMARY:

In Campville, the season is changing to Autumn and romance is in the air. And the spirit of the Seasonal Challenge is... also in the air. ;)

OR - they love each other and they live in a video game world. :)

 


 

31 Days Of Halloween (Stray Kids):  October 2023

Story Sixteen:

Campville (Season:  Autumn)

-

 

 

  "Channie," Felix said.  "Look.  Campville's changing for the season."
  Little beeps and boops sounded as spring flowers became autumn plants.  Decorchanged with a jingle, wreaths, and pumpkins poofed onto porches and downstairs.
  Felix's eyes widened.  "It's happening to me too."  His pink blouse became a gold tunic with white stockings and champaign half-boots.  A vine went around his upper arm and became an elegant cuff.  White liner appeared under his eyes and his freckles listened to a dusky brown.
  "Wow," Chan said.  "You look..."
  Felix grinned.  "Thank you.  You too.  Very... Alpha Wolf slash Business Man."
  "So a wolf with a brain," Seugnmin said, landing his witches broom.  "Do I look like a Mer again?  Because I'm not Mer.  I don't understand what Campville thinks sometimes."
  "Our cute little town has been trying to upgrade lately."
  Chan groaned.  "This isn't about trying to outdo Barts Cove, is it?
  "I hope not," Felix said.  "Our town is the best.  I have endless faith in us."
  The sound of hooves was coming fast.
  "Hyunjinnie," Felix cheered.
  A knight in golden armor rode up and stopped a length from them.  He led his white horse to them and jumped down.  "Good boy," Hyunjin said as he removed his helmet.  He'd won the Most Handsome Award thirteen years in a row... (and not because he'd entered a contest)... and that new armor?
  "Hi, Hyunjinnie," Felix said.
  "Ugh, he's already blushing," Seungmin said.
  "Hi, Felix.  I got some of Lady Bell's Muffins.  Would you like to share them in the Relix Cove?  It should be nearly Autumn there."
  "Yes."  He grabbed his hand.  "I wonder what old treasures will be on display this year."
  They headed off giggling, the horse following, eating dried grass as she did.

 

-

 

  Minho yelled, "Stop thief.  How dare you steal from old ladies.  I'm going to break your legs."  The thief had run into the woods and he was right behind him.  Now he was running faster.
  A square shape glided by his face.  "You know, threatening to break his legs probably isn't the best turn of action," it said.
  Minho growled.  "No one asked you, Jisung."
  Jisung, who was in his flying squirrel form swooped behind and to his other ear.  "You're an elf.  You should be faster than this."  He snickered as Minho sped up, trying to A) catch the guy, but B)  Mostly just outrun him.  "Hyung, you can't escape me."
  "So annoying, I'm going to cook you for lunch."
  "Again with the threats.  What if this guy upgraded to bionic or something?"  He swooped back to his other side.  "Catch me."
  Minho caught him just as he shifted to a bow.  He spun, grabbed a stick with a blunt edge, and shot it at the target.  The guy's legs went up and he was sliding in leaves.  He landed on his back and Minho materialized a real arrow.  He pinned the guy down with a foot on his chest and pointed the arrow at his face with Jisung as the bow.
  "How dare you steal from old ladies, Jisung said.
  When they got back to Wares Market, the useless sheriff took the thief into custody and they returned the elder woman's purse.
  She was in her sixties, at least - not like they'd ask - and looked like a traveler.  Silver blush and Hyde overcoat with tan breeches.  An aged warrior, perhaps?  "I would have gone after him myself, but I've been cursed for three cycles.  My own fault.  I made a bet and lost.  It's not so bad.  We can't all be as lucky as the Fae," she teased... or was she flirting?
  He gave a little bow and Jisung snorted.  He was eating an acorn on the back of her horse.  "It is true that Fae can't be aged with a curse, but I've had my share of misadventures."
  "All his own fault," Jisung said.  His cheeks were bulging.
  "Where did you get extra acorns from"
  "I don't know.  Maybe the Season Change comes with Bonuses?"
  The traveler woman smiled.  "Well, I must be on my way.  You boys be careful.  Don't end up like me."
  He hugged, a little uncomfortable under her aged gaze.  "We'll do our best."
  Jisung flew to his shoulder and kept chewing.  "I'll keep him out of trouble.  It's what I do."

 

-

 

  "Minho got hit on by an old lady," Jisung said.  He'd turned human and his clothes had simply turned from a green tunic to a dark orange one.
  Minho looked like an elf prince with a pearl crown that went just over his brow and silver and white glitter on his face and hair.
  Felix snorted.  "Really?"  He was holding on to the new gold armor and into a black sheer blouse and champaign-colored slacks.
  "Really.  He kind of liked it."
  "Shut up.  No, I didn't."  He was blushing.  "It's not like she's actually old though."
  "Older than you."
  "Sounds like someone's jealous."
  Jisung blushed, caught off guard.  "I'm not jealous."
  "So you're not going to let me kiss you?"
  "Hyung's?"  Jeogin had just arrived and he looked scandalized.  "Don't tell me I came all the way from the mountains just for this."
  "No," Seungmin said.  "They've announced the game of the Season.  Capture the Acorn Candy Tooth, Gather the Sceptor Ingredients, Find the Sceptor, Get to the Giant Jack-O-Lantern, Assemble Everything, and Light It Up.  First one to succeed wins."
  "Besides winning, what's the prize," Minho asked.
  "Nothing.  Just his pride."
  He sighed.  "Lame.  I'm not playing.  Besides, I promised Jisung to go foraging this Season."
  "You're going to help... him forage?" Felix said.
  "Yeah."
  "That's so romantic."  He grinned at Hyunjin who nodded his agreement.
  Jisung touched his cheeks.  "You don't have to do that."
  "I promised."
  "I know but-"
  "You sure you don't want me to kiss you?"  He looked devious.
  Jeongin pretended to throw up.  "Well, I want to play the game," he said.  "You guys are gross.  All of you."
  "I haven't done anything," Chan said.
  A loud thud echoed.  "I'm back," Changbin yelled.  The Dwarf stood only five feet tall and had a foot on a treasure chest.
  Chan swallowed, taking in the sight of his muscles and the way his hair had grown out.
  Jeongin sighed.  "Oh, brother."
  He went to the bulletin board and started writing down what he'd need for the game, and then he added his name to the participants list.  "I bet I can beat every single one of you in this game."  He grinned - the challenge crackling in the air.

 


 

* If you liked the story give it an UPVOTE & SUBSCRIBE to be notified when I post another Halloween fun chapter :)

 


 

Thank you for reading,

Demitria_Teague (Author ;)

*

 

CLICK HERE to Read the Newest Chapter - "I'm Head Over Tails For You, Meow!" >