hymn for her pt.2-

daan-daang salita na hindi tapos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


 

Warrior Nun.

 

Halo.

 

Champion.



 

Winter woke up in a daze, her head aching, joints creaking, and throat parching.

 

Winter thinks she will never get used to that feeling of being able to turn her head sideways to check for the time, to be able to lift the blanket away from her body since the room feels humid and she’s sweating.

 

After 18 years of being chained on her bed back in the orphanage, Winter thinks it’s a miracle that she hasn’t gone crazy yet with the sudden plot twist that happened recently in her life.

 

She was supposed to be dead.

 

She WAS dead.

 

She felt the scorching hot feeling that shot to her wrist and coursed through her body.

 

She swears she felt her heart stopped, and her life for the past 25 years flashed before her eyes.

 

Then there was darkness.

 

And excruciating pain right after.



 

Then suddenly the walls surrounding the place she was in started blasting, people were shouting, and a madman came running inside, and the nun that blessed her body right after announcing her death suddenly whipped a weapon out of nowhere.

 

Winter was beyond confused, all right. But most importantly, she was terrified.

 

With her back aching like hell, she stood on her legs for the first time in 18 years and the first thing she did was kick a man right on his crotch after witnessing him kill the nun as if she was nothing.

 

Then she ran.

 

She ran and ran, dodging flying debris of rocks and things falling from different explosions that had been happening to what Winter assumes was the church she was brought in.

 

She ran into the street, not caring about anyone as she continued to feel her legs, silently wishing all of this that is happening is not a bad dream.

 

She stopped momentarily to catch her breath, not knowing she’s in the middle of the road, as the last thing she saw was blinding lights from an upcoming truck.

 

Winter thinks it was still a dream, as she felt herself flying, and right then and there, phasing through the brick wall where her body was supposed to hit and splat like some mud in a wall.

 

She lands on a pile of clothes, luckily sporting nothing serious but some bruises.

 

Then it hits her.

 

It was all real.



 

“Winter?”

 

Winter’s focus shifted towards the door. “Hey,”

 

Katarina’s brow shot up on the unenthusiastic response. “Everything okay?”

 

Winter nodded, eyes not meeting the nun’s. The words from her dream rang in her ears.

 

Warrior Nun.

 

Halo.

 

Champion.

 

Is this her punishment for cursing God at least once a day when she was still bedridden?

 

She felt the bed dip on her side. 

 

“Winter,” 

 

Winter then jolted out of her musings. She welcomes the nun’s worried eyes, as she tilts her head, a habit Winter observes every time Katarina asks her a question.

 

“Sorry, I was trying to remember my dream,” 

 

Katarina nodded understandingly. She read before that patients who have been bedridden for a long time sometimes have messed up sleeping schedules. This comes with vivid dreams, making it almost impossible for the person to distinguish the reality from the dream.

 

“Okay, you want to tell me about it?”

 

“It’s nothing serious,”

 

The nun’s lips formed a line, but she remained silent.

 

She shouldn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter