strawberries and cigarettes

daan-daang salita na hindi tapos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Ning, I really think this is a bad idea,"

 

Ningning rolled her eyes for the ninth time that night.

 

"You're a freaking senior now, Winter. Yet you haven't attended a single party ever since you were a freshman. Do you want to graduate as a loser?"

 

"Being at the top of my class while maintaining a healthy sleeping schedule, as well as a clear mind and body is not being a loser."

 

Ningning looked at her best friend incredulously. "Now you sound like a loser too,"

 

" you," Winter spat.

 

"Yeah? That's the only badass thing you can come up with? Definitely a loser," Ningning goaded.

 

"Shut up. Why don't we just go and finish your stupid party so that I can go home," Winter can feel her fingers tingling in annoyance, so she just decided to throw the white flag and let her bestfriend be.

 

Ningning's face instantly changed to a cheerful one. "Well, come on!"




 

Sweat, smoke (that she's 95% sure is weed), and the stench of different booze filled Winter's nose as they entered the big house.

 

The booming music makes her heart pound, and she's starting to regret succumbing to Ningning's stupid plan.

 

Her best friend was clearly experienced, that she can tell. She was just getting pulled into long hallways and tables, Ningning grabbing clean-looking cups, as well as food that looks untouched for them to eat and drink.

 

After grabbing their food and drinks, Ningning found them a spot near the garden, where the music is a lot softer, since the party was in the living room. There were less people too.

 

"After eating, I might go and dance. You coming with me?" Ningning asked while munching on a pizza.

 

Winter shook her head almost immediately. "Go do whatever you want. I'll stay here. But we'll go home together, you understand?"

 

"You're such a killjoy,"

 

"That's what you get for bringing me here."

 

Ningning just rolled her eyes, then drank her half full cup in one go. She stood up and patted down her shirt to clear some creases.

 

"I'll go now. Try to enjoy yourself, okay? Meet people, dance, eat, drink, talk, make out? I don't care, just, I don't know, set yourself loose?"

 

A blush creeped into Winter's cheeks upon hearing what Ningning had said.

 

Okay. Maybe she really is a loser.

 

She watched as Ningning made her way into the makeshift dance floor, not without greeting some people along the way that Winter definitely knew by their face, but since she doesn't really mingle with others, she didn't have the opportunity to talk with.

 

She knows Ningning was just trying to bait her earlier, but she can't help but think.

 

Was her life really that boring compared to others?

 

She's not the type that wants to go with the trend anyways, but sometimes, she just can't help but think if she's really missing something out there by not trying to be 'sociable', as what Ningning has been goading her to do.

 

Winter downed the small amount of liquid remaining on her cup, before collecting the plastic utensils they used to throw them in a nearby trash can. 

 

The music from the party is definitely much softer now, as she settled in a chair made out of stone somewhere in the garden of the house.

 

She can't remember whose party it was. But she can tell they're definitely loaded.



 

"Hey,"

 

Winter almost snapped her neck to the side as she looked to where the deep voice came from.

 

Standing behind her was a tall woman, her lean frame covered in an almost all black outfit, save from the white shirt underneath her jacket.

 

On her hand was an unlit cigarette.

 

"You have some lighter on you?" The tall woman asked.

 

Winter momentarily wondered.

 

Was it really possible for women to have a deep voice like that?

 

"Hey," The woman stepped closer, as she waved her hand at Winter's face. "You okay?"

 

Winter woke up from her musings. "I..I don't s—smoke.."

 

The tall woman's brow shot up in realization.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter