see me

daan-daang salita na hindi tapos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Being a priestess has its own advantages and disadvantages. 

 

But Karina never imagined a punishment like this. 

 

Just because she was a frail human being capable of doing mistakes, aside from having a face that matched with the gods themselves.

 

Karina never understood why she was punished by Athena. 

 

Was it her fault?

 

She didn't ask for a pretty face.

 

She didn't ask for those compliments.

 

She didn't in any way want all of the attention.

 

All that she ever wanted was a peaceful life.

 

A normal one, with her future partner in life, after her service in the temple.

 

She doesn't want someone that will treat her like a god, like a queen.

 

She wants someone that will treat her as a normal human being, a person capable of making mistakes, someone that will treat her as an equal, not some sort of a god or a superior entity.

 

All she has is her face. She can't perform miracles, she doesn't have money.

 

So why are people treating her as someone superior? Someone that is above them?

 

Because of this treatment, she caught the attention of that one particular god.

 

Jeno. The son of Poseidon.

 

Jeno was extremely persistent with his actions. He won't take no for an answer.

 

Gods. Spoiled, rotten gods.

 

And Karina is just a measly human being who was forced by Jeno's tricks and spells.



 

Again, was it her fault?



 

She never asked for any of this!

 

She just wants to be normal!

 

Why is she the one that is punished?

 

She's the one who was abused and violated.



 

Why?

 

Why is she suffering?

 

It was that darned gods' fault why everything happened.

 

She was tricked by Jeno. She's the one that is abused by him. She's the one whose dignity is violated.

 

Why is she the one punished?

 

Is it because she's the weak one? Because she's a woman? Or the measly human? 





 

Being cursed by the gods not only isolated her from her loved ones, but the entirety of the population.

 

She can't be seen.

 

No one can see her without getting killed.

 

It's her curse.

 

She needs to stay hidden. She doesn't want to unintentionally kill somebody again.

 

It was so hard, but there is nothing that she can do.

 

If she wants to keep everyone safe, she needs to hide forever.










 

Karina is currently resting after gathering some wood to take home in the cave where she is currently living. 

 

She was so sure no one's going to be in the woods today. A festival is happening, and people are supposed to be gathered in the temples, offering their sacrifices. 



 

"Hello?"

 

Karina immediately shoved her shoal down to cover her head. She was so sure! What is a person doing here at this time? They should be at the festival!

 

She tried to stop her breathing as much as possible, but the stranger kept on moving forward. 

 

"Hello? Is someone there?"

 

Karina remained silent, wishing the stranger would just go away.



 

"I'm sorry, but can you help me?"

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter