25 minutes

daan-daang salita na hindi tapos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


 

"Hey Ning, I really think I'm in love. I can't get her out of my head,"

 

Ningning looked at Winter like she's grown two heads, but she lent her ears nonetheless. 

 

It's not an everyday scenario that she gets to hear her best friend gush over someone.

 

"Inlove, huh?"

 

"Yes, you heard me right. God, Ning, have you seen her???" Winter said, eyes shining in so much adoration. "Everytime I see her, I keep thinking of that song from that band you keep on listening to," 

 

"What song?"

 

"The one that says, 'she had a face straight out a magazine',"

 

Ningning laughed. "Winter, I hope you know it's kind of weird how you practically worship my cousin right in front of my face,"

 

"Well, that's not my problem. You're my best friend, it's your duty to help and hear me out," Winter said, grinning widely.

 

Ningning playfully rolled her eyes, understanding the glint of mischief in her bestfriend's eyes.

 

"How come you only noticed her now? We're neighbors, and Karina used to visit our house every summer," 

 

"I know her, alright," Winter mumbled. "It's just that, I am much of a coward before to tell you, let alone ask for your help,"

 

Ningning stayed silent, pondering about what Winter said.

 

Indeed, she remembers catching Winter's eyes on her cousin everytime the girl fetched her from their house to play at the park every summer.

 

She tried inviting Karina to go with them before, but the latter would always suspiciously refuse everytime she sees Winter. 

 

At first, Ningning thought they hated each other.

 

But come to think of it, the tension she feels between them before isn't that type of tension she had always believed.

 

"Ning," Winter held her bestfriend's hands. "Can you help me? I really, really like Karina,"

 

Ningning looked at Winter's face, sensing the sincerity and determination from her voice.

 

Ningning sighed. "Alright, try and hurt her, I'll be cutting off your limbs," 

 

"And I will gladly offer them to you," Winter answered, a permanent grin plastered on her face.




 

After some time

I've finally made up my mind

She is the girl

And I really want to make her mine




 

"Ning! You should've told me about your friend coming with us!" Karina whispered to her cousin harshly.

 

They're at the cinema, Ningning with Winter, and Karina with her best friend Giselle.

 

Ningning has purposefully left out the details about Winter coming, as this is her way to start helping her friend win her cousin's heart.

 

Winter looked like she had seen a ghost, for she just stood frozen upon seeing Karina and Giselle making their way to them while lining up to buy tickets.

 

Ningning didn't tell her she's starting their mission right away.

 

She's not prepared.

 

As for Karina, she's almost at the same state as Winter.

 

They were both losing their minds, upon seeing each other.

 

"Oh, did I not tell you?" Ningning innocently asked. "I thought you knew.. I mean, you know I'm not the type to watch movies alone.." She weakly tried to reason out.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter