Small Town Showdown

I Was Pissed Off So I Conquered The World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

99 is usually a serious man minding his serious business. He always followed protocols mandated by the Council of Order overseeing transcendent realms. Being one of the most highly regarded hunting class called Doors, his day mostly revolved around following Homunculi in various astral planes. It was a simple task, really. Dangerous, mentally-taxing, and truly time-consuming, but overall, simple. Hunt down monters, lock them up in jail. Not rocket science at all. So it was no surprise to him that he was called to office by one of the high-ranking officials in the Cirle of Councils, because as it turned out, he was up for another monster-hunting gig. He looked up at Councilwoman 92 from where she sat behind her desk, and waited for her to tell him all about the Homunculus we would be up against.

"We're just waiting for someone else, hold on," said Councilwoman 92, who then tapped the intercom in her right ear. "Call in 97."

97? 99 repeated in his mind, trying to remember if he met the other Door. "I didn't know this is a team mission, ma'am." 

"Well, now you do," Councilwoman 92 pointed out.

They waited approximately two minutes before 97, a man with tall and tan corporeal form, most likely a Lyran being. "Hello," he greeted everyone.

"Sit down, 97. We're talking about your mission to Earth," the councilwoman rejoined coldly.

"Wait, Earth?" 99 asked in alarm. Earth, also known as the Penitentiary Plane, is where all the Homunculi have been sent to as punishment for their intergalactic crimes. It's basically Hell, and they were being sent there. 99's mission is to round-up monsters and send them to prison, not join them.

"What's going on, Councilwoman?" 97 chimed in.

"This is a very important mission, that's why I needed the both of you," Councilwoman 92 admitted. "One Homunculus have been caught messing up the timelines of reality. He's not been caught yet, but right now he's on Earth trying to open it up and release..."

"...Ghost Pepper," 97 muttered, already predicting who Councilwoman 92 was referring to.

"Yep," said 92. "The girl who can screw us all up with one single thought."

"Who's this Homunculus, ma'am?" 99 asked.

"Groundhog Day," the councilwoman answered.

———

It's obvious that 97 was the complete opposite of 99. He cared less about work and more about the action. He didn't need weapons but he still carried one. 99 had to wonder what a Door needed double-barrel guns for, all 99 had was a glove that could withstand binding and manhandling a Homunculus.

"Okay, what are we working with?" 99 asked 97.

"A Homunculus that can shift timelines. I've never encountered one before." 

"Probably Level 0," said 99. In terms of monster status, it ranges from 1 all the way to 0. On Earth, it would be 1 through 10, but outside of Earth, the double numbers were obsolete. To be marked as a Level 0 meant that a Homunculus had all the danger levels checked, and every Door who was tasked to handle it need to be extra careful. Usually, the job is to send the monsters down to Earth and lock them up there, but since they were told that Groundhog Day was en route to the Penitentiary Plane, 99 and 97's main objective was to prevent him from setting foot on the place he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter